Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious why lookist people are so obsessed with animals?

T

Tenshi

Banned
-
You'd imagine that ugly people (well, not that these people may not be ugly, you get the point) would be more into owning pets and care more about animals than human once, at least for all we know our pets don't judge us by looks.

However I find it quite intriguing how it seems to be the opposite: especially we incels tend to have a way more "humane" way too see ourselves and other people compared to them. We understand other animals are other animals and humans are humans.

These people though seem to despite so much their own species for no reason and humanize dogs and cats so much even though most of the times they never had to experience a lot of negative experiences from other humans like we did (see, most of these pet lovers are average looking white women), if anything we should be expected to despise humanity.

The reason? Our looks. They despise so much the way most humans look they naturally feel hate toward us. On the other hand, notice how they never care about other animals, who aren't particularly "cute"? What about lizards, frogs... perhaps even bugs. It's ALL about looks.

These people are sick. Reminds me of this quote:

quote-wherever-there-is-animal-worship-there-is-human-sacrifice-gilbert-k-chesterton-93-36-08.jpg

What about lizards, frogs... perhaps even bugs. It's ALL about looks.
To be fair, none of these creatures mentioned are as intelligent as a dog or a cat, and therefore aren't comparable. Also as a person who eats bugs, lizards, and frogs, i don't really see how they would make a worthwhile pet. (Not to mention there are people who own all three categories)

I guess i disagree with your post, its not really all about looks, at least when it comes to choosing a pet. In addition, some people choose ugly mother fuckers like these specifically because they look terrifying or scary.

Brachypelma_klaasi_2009_G01_cropped.jpg

On the topic of "Humanizing" dogs or cats, you need to understand that the main plus to owning a dog or a cat is the intelligence that comes with it, not so much the appearance. Imagine having a creature that can identify you by look or smell, remember you, greet you, and love you unconditionally.

641669-gettyimages-1182725559.jpg

ed0d910f6edb3d134af3f321a6349858.jpg

These two species of dog and cat aren't the most attractive and yet people still own them. If you're talking about soley women, than yes, most women probably choose their pets based off of looks, but this isn't really surprising.

I understand your point, some people select their pets based on attractive attributes, but at the end of the day, its quite a huge generalization to say that all animal lovers are people who are lookists and only want the most attractive animal.

Last edited:
To be fair, none of these creatures mentioned are as intelligent as a dog or a cat, and therefore aren't comparable. Also as a person who eats bugs, lizards, and frogs, i don't really see how they would make a worthwhile pet. (Not to mention there are people who own all three categories)

I guess i disagree with your post, its not really all about looks, at least when it comes to choosing a pet. In addition, some people choose ugly mother fuckers like these specifically because they look terrifying or scary.
I understand the intelligence thing, but I'm not sure if people are very aware of how really intelligent are the animals we usually own, and how really intelligent are the ones we don't. Let's the honest, the average person doesn't really know much about how intelligent a lizard or a bug is or how really intelligent dogs are, we just assume so especially because our pets are usually social animals, who behave in a way that is similar to ours. Probably why people assume dolphins are very smart when there's not much evidence for such.

Tbh the whole idea of owning pets is quite weird to me. I see the reason why people do, it just doesn't seem to be a right thing to do.

These two species of dog and cat aren't the most attractive and yet people still own them. If you're talking about soley women, than yes, most women probably choose their pets based off of looks, but this isn't really surprising.

I understand your point, some people select their pets based on attractive attributes, but at the end of the day, its quite a huge generalization to say that all animal lovers are people who are lookists and only want the most attractive animal.
idk bro I still think the people who own those are somehow, in the least amused by their apperance. I personally find the look of both the cat and the pug to be cool. Many people find the pug specifically quite cute (even though they're sick animals due to being breed to look this way, which is sick)

I do admit I had females in mind when I made the thread though.

I understand the intelligence thing, but I'm not sure if people are very aware of how really intelligent are the animals we usually own, and how really intelligent are the ones we don't. Let's the honest, the average person doesn't really know much about how intelligent a lizard or a bug is or how really intelligent dogs are, we just assume so especially because our pets are usually social animals, who behave in a way that is similar to ours. Probably why people assume dolphins are very smart when there's not much evidence for such.
True, not many people give a fuck about the intelligence of their animal when they buy it. Most of them squee over how adorable they look, and do pamper and baby them.

On the flip side, you have people who specifically select a breed due to their intelligence. For example. im very fond of poodles, not only for their appearance, but because of their intelligence. When i did have one (died years ago) I gave it the best life i could.
Tbh the whole idea of owning pets is quite weird to me. I see the reason why people do, it just doesn't seem to be a right thing to do.
I get you, it probably feels wrong owning one because they're so intelligent. But you gotta understand that its the way they were bred. House dogs aren't thinking about frolicking in a field or in the wild. They get their enjoyment from the love you give to them. Its like crack cocaine for them.

The way that i look at "owning" animals is simply giving them the best life they could never have out in the wild or by being owned by a piece of shit, which is the main reason you should adopt dogs instead of spending 2k on one from a breeder.
idk bro I still think the people who own those are somehow, in the least amused by their apperance. I personally find the look of both the cat and the pug to be cool. Many people find the pug specifically quite cute (even though they're sick animals due to being breed to look this way, which is sick)
I too am quite repulsed how some animals lose their quality of life by being bred with traits that are harmful or just annoying to them.

Whenever i see pug videos and how they struggle to breath through their fucked up noses and scrunched faces, it makes me cringe. I do like their appearance, but i find it cruel they have to suffer their entire lives like that just because some asshole decided it was "cute"
I do admit I had females in mind when I made the thread though.
Thats understandable brocel, i figured. I just find that a lot of people associate liking animals with soyness or femininity when the two don't match.

Don't let women or those retarded baby talk dog videos disrupt your love of any animal. The two have no relation

Exactly, all animal protection is directed to good looking animals.

Veganism = lookism

Their brains are on the similar level, so they feel more comfortable around them

True, not many people give a fuck about the intelligence of their animal when they buy it. Most of them squee over how adorable they look, and do pamper and baby them.

On the flip side, you have people who specifically select a breed due to their intelligence. For example. im very fond of poodles, not only for their appearance, but because of their intelligence. When i did have one (died years ago) I gave it the best life i could.

I get you, it probably feels wrong owning one because they're so intelligent. But you gotta understand that its the way they were bred. House dogs aren't thinking about frolicking in a field or in the wild. They get their enjoyment from the love you give to them. Its like crack cocaine for them.

The way that i look at "owning" animals is simply giving them the best life they could never have out in the wild or by being owned by a piece of shit, which is the main reason you should adopt dogs instead of spending 2k on one from a breeder.

I too am quite repulsed how some animals lose their quality of life by being bred with traits that are harmful or just annoying to them.

Whenever i see pug videos and how they struggle to breath through their fucked up noses and scrunched faces, it makes me cringe. I do like their appearance, but i find it cruel they have to suffer their entire lives like that just because some asshole decided it was "cute"

Thats understandable brocel, i figured. I just find that a lot of people associate liking animals with soyness or femininity when the two don't match.

Don't let women or those retarded baby talk dog videos disrupt your love of any animal. The two have no relation
This post is very high iq and gave me a new insight on how I see pets and animals in general

This post is very high iq and gave me a new insight on how I see pets and animals in general
Thanks brocel, glad you're seeing this in a different light.

6fda3104b2681155fba7161ff6f590f3

it's really simple. humans adore cats, and dogs because throughout history they served(s) a purpose i.e herding, hunting, tracking, territorial signalling upon intruders, general assistance; while being simultaneously ,,harmless" to an extent compared to us.
it's how they were domesticated.

I hate animal worship tbh

Looks like you are petpilling on the forum now

Yep it's indeed quite strange