Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Why is there anything at all?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1780
  • Start date
Deleted member 1780

Deleted member 1780

FBIcel
-
Do you ever stop and think about why there is anything at all? Why not nothing? I think it is the fundamental and hardest question of them all.
I don't always think about it, but when I do, it sends chills down my spine because nothing seems like the only state there should be. It absurd to me that there are things at all. It bothers me deeply to think about this.

What are your thoughts?

I don't think our primitive brains are capable of understanding this tbh.

Acid can help. Everything seems to make more sense on acid.

Selection bias.
If there was nothing you wouldn't be pondering the nothing.

I don't think there is a purpose to life/the universe overall tbh. I think humans are prone to wanting reasons for things because of how our minds are wired. In order to survive, humans pick out patterns and reasons for events so they can avoid things or do certain things to get outcomes they want. However, this reason/purpose doesn't exist in the grand scheme of things but humans still want to find meaning/purpose from it because its hard wired into us. Also, like @Insomniac said we are probably too primative to really comprehend any meaning that could potentially exist for everything.

I question this all the time

There must necessarily be something, for, there cannot be nothing. Just think: "nothing" is inconceivable, for, if you think of "nothing", you are in fact thinking of something. It follows that what is inconceivable cannot exist, and since nothing cannot exist, there must be something.

Hahahah I. Dont. Know.

The way I see it is people are no better than insects, because we treat each other as if we were insects. If there was any meaning to life then humans would not be so cruel to each other and there would be love. Yet in this hellish world there is nothing but hatred, war, inequality, starvation, death. If humans are to treat each other like insects than how could they say life is meaningful and that they are better than insects? I consider myself to be no better than an insect as well, I will die and rot just like the insects and everyone else will too but at least I can die knowing I tried to be a good person despite all the cruelty around me.

I don't think about it because it'll bring me a big nothing

its just atoms and energy n sheit

All I know is that it sucks.

It just blows my mind.
There must necessarily be something, for, there cannot be nothing. Just think: "nothing" is inconceivable, for, if you think of "nothing", you are in fact thinking of something. It follows that what is inconceivable cannot exist, and since nothing cannot exist, there must be something.
Unironically good answer tbh.

Do you ever stop and think about why there is anything at all? Why not nothing? I think it is the fundamental and hardest question of them all.
I don't always think about it, but when I do, it sends chills down my spine because nothing seems like the only state there should be. It absurd to me that there are things at all. It bothers me deeply to think about this.

What are your thoughts?
If there was nothing then you wouldnt be here to ask the question.

Do you ever stop and think about why there is anything at all?
i think this all the time actually, there should be nothing, no space, no planets, no atoms, no stars, just plane nothingness.
Fuck this gay universe tbh

Life is meaningless but we find interesting things in the way

What are your thoughts?
I think about this also tbh.