Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Why is the "slayer" phenotype so rare in Hollywood?

R

RageAgainstTDL

Overlord
★★★★★
This is what I would call the stereotypical "slayer" phenotype:

8af216802e9582617d5ab5d5e5020c54.png

Brian-Shimansky-13.jpg

landscape-1470918087-colton-haynes.jpg

General features:

- White
- Low square forehead
- Good FWHR
- Square jaw
- Warrior skull shape

But in actual fact, while all three guys I posted above are world famous for their looks, they are nowhere near the highest paid for their looks.

Here are some of the top best paid actors in the world, who each made dramatically more money from their faces in 2017 than the "slayers" above:

hqdefault.jpg

Robert Downey Jr.: $40M

6cf12d27d34250f5f925be9096aba0a3.jpg

Vin Diesel: $54M

815900-jpg.jpg

Mark Wahlberg: $68M

How do you explain this?

The hollywood guys would be posting here without status halo

So it's slightly more relatable for normies

The hollywood guys would be posting here without status halo

But that's the point. How did they get that "status halo"? Why are they being cast in the first place? Why isn't every movie just full of guys with the "slayer" phenotype?

Here are some more examples:

young-hugh-jackman-in-black-t-shirt-and-buttondown-photo-u1

Hugh Jackman

36bd4dc96ecd424db12a0baa17102f40.jpg

Keanu Reeves

MV5BMTQzMjkwNTQ2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTQ4MTQ4MTE@._V1_UY317_CR18,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Ryan Gosling

No "slayer" phenotype for any of them. Yet all have been insanely popular and loved by women.

Slayer ≠ good actor

Their appearance has to fit the characters they become famous acting as. Pretty sure those actors that you put up as an example are also proprtionally more popular with males compared to those with the "slayer phenotype." I'd imagine those with the "slayer" image being in movies targeted to an audience of mostly women. That being said, the more famous actors would have a larger net worth because they appeal to an evidently larger audience.

slayers are a small percentage of the population. actors are an even smaller percentage of the population. i don't think a guy that is drowning in pussy since middle school is going to go out of his was to become a drama nerd in highschool.

They become models.

The biggest movie series for women of recent years was Twilight which featured these two guys:

taylor-lautner.jpg

Robert-Pattinson-GO-Campaign-Gala-2016-Pictures.jpg

Taylor Lautner definitely has the "slayer" phenotype although not as dramatically as the top tier examples. Robert Pattinson, while good looking, definitely does not.

My theory: While the "slayer" phenotype is the most rawly masculine and possibly sexually attractive male phenotype, it is also low trust, and women can't engage in movies with low trust male actors. The goal of an actor in a movie is to try to build emotional connection and not just "look hot". Hence, movies cast men who are good looking, but more beta/normal looking, so that women can "bond" to the character better.

Fact: Most of People's magazine "Most Beautiful Men" are handsome white guys. But few if any have the "slayer" phenotype.

Probably because they're actors and it's not the 80s anymore where every action hero bad ass is a 6'4'' he-man gigadom slayer like dolph lundgren

Looks are important but they have a job to do after all, even David James Gandy is a shitty actor despite being Most Desirable - 01 Gandy
The biggest movie series for women of recent years was Twilight which featured these two guys:

taylor-lautner.jpg

Robert-Pattinson-GO-Campaign-Gala-2016-Pictures.jpg

Taylor Lautner definitely has the "slayer" phenotype although not as dramatically as the top tier examples. Robert Pattinson, while good looking, definitely does not.

My theory: While the "slayer" phenotype is the most rawly masculine and possibly sexually attractive phenotype for men, it is also low trust, and women can't engage in movies with low trust male actors. The goal of an actor in a movie is to try to build emotional connection and not just "look hot". Hence, movies cast men who are good looking, but more beta/normal looking, so that women can "bond" to the character better.

Fact: Most of People's magazine "Most Beautiful Men" are handsome white guys. But few if any have the "slayer" phenotype.

taylor lautner and twilight are both ugly as fuck. 12 year old girls opinions on looks doesn't fucking matter to anybody.

taylor lautner and twilight are both ugly as fuck. 12 year old girls opinions on looks doesn't fucking matter to anybody.

Wut. Yes they do.

https://www.imdb.com/search/title?genres=romance&sort=boxoffice_gross_us,desc

There are the highest grossing romance movies of all time. Almost none has any "slayer" phenotype actor in any prominent role. Especially if you consider Taylor Lautner to not be a "slayer" face (although I think he is - insanely hooded eyes, high FWHR, low hairline, etc.).

Romance movies become high grossing due to female attendance. Hollywood exists to make money. If putting slayers faced guys in lead roles would bring in even more money, they would do it.

Here's a few more from the top grossing romance movies:

latest

Will Smith

MV5BMjE5ODc4NjU1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODQ0NDY3MTE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,683,1000_AL_.jpg

Mel Gibson

Now Mel Gibson was a superChad in his very young youth, but he's still not a "slayer".

Last edited:
Because many people that get into movies (talking directors and producers here, not actors) were not exactly social successes and there’s definitely an envy. Putting aside their own biases, Hollywood is about making money so you want the stars to be relatable. I thought Michael Schoeffling (Sixteen Candles hunk) was a decent actor but he ended up typecast. Good-looking guys get into modeling or cast as eye candy on shows like Baywatch.

Tom Cruise was saved by his height, looking like that at 6’2, he would’ve never allowed to be an A-Lister. Chris Hemsworth is a star but look at how his movies do when he’s not Thor and also the type of role he’s typically playing. People would rather see fucking Dylan O’Brien or Ben Foster in lead roles than a good-looking guy.

Last edited:
Because they're probably not good actors

taylor lautner and twilight are both ugly as fuck. 12 year old girls opinions on looks doesn't fucking matter to anybody.[/QUOTE]
Cope

Because many people that get into movies (talking directors and producers here, not actors) were not exactly social successes and there’s definitely an envy. Putting aside their own biases, Hollywood is about making money so you want the stars to be relatable. I thought Michael Schoeffling (Sixteen Candles hunk) was a decent actor but he ended up typecast. Good-looking guys get into modeling or cast as eye candy on shows like Baywatch.

Tom Cruise was saved by his height, looking like that at 6’2, he would’ve never allowed to be an A-Lister. Chris Hemsworth is a star but look at how his movies do when he’s not Thor and also the type of role he’s typically playing. People would rather see fucking Dylan O’Brien or Ben Foster in lead roles than a good-looking guy.

I agree. The point is this seems to work for female audiences too. ie. Women don't want model looking guys in the lead role either, since they don't go to see the movies when they're cast, and would rather movies with Hugh Jackman or Ryan Gosling in them.

The same does not apply for actresses. It seems to me there is no such thing as an actress being "too good looking". But there is apparently such a thing as a male actor being too good looking.

None of those men are bad looking. They're good actors, that's what matters most. Also, if you ever ask a foid whether they find a famous actor attractive most of them will say that their looks are overrated.

None of those men are bad looking. They're good actors, that's what matters most. Also, if you ever ask a foid whether they find a famous actor attractive most of them will say that their looks are overrated.

My point is not that they are bad looking.

My point that if the "slayer phenotype" is the epitome of male development, then its almost complete absence from an entire industry making billions of dollars off of superficial appearances is unusual.

We also don't see many "slayer phenotype" rappers or pop singers/stars, even though half of that is autotune and ghost writing.

Eg.

MV5BMTUwMjE1MjU2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjk0ODY1NA@@._V1_UY317_CR10,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Justin Timberlake

maxresdefault.jpg

Justin Bieber

Where are all the high earning "slayers" in the entertainment industry?

They seem conspicuously absent when you start looking. I think that is significant and likely suggests the "slayer phenotype" has limited utility.

My point that if the "slayer phenotype" is the epitome of male development, then its almost complete absence from an entire industry making billions of dollars off of superficial appearances is unusual.

We also don't see many "slayer phenotype" rappers or pop singers/stars, even though half of that is autotune and ghost writing.

Eg.

MV5BMTUwMjE1MjU2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjk0ODY1NA@@._V1_UY317_CR10,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Justin Timberlake

maxresdefault.jpg

Justin Bieber

They seem conspicuously absent when you start looking. I think that is significant and likely suggests the "slayer phenotype" has limited utility.
Probably because slayers are mini celebrities in their social circle just because of their looks. Why even become a famous actor, that'd take effort and dedication.

cause white :feelsree::feelsree:

Eg.

Justin Timberlake

maxresdefault.jpg

Justin Bieber

no cope, jb looks like a dike there kek

Probably because slayers are mini celebrities in their social circle just because of their looks. Why even become a famous actor, that'd take effort and dedication.

I think that's a highly unlikely assessment. Most "slayers" still have to work jobs. If someone saw you on the street, said you had a "perfect slayer face", and they've got a team of musicians to write your debut album - all you have to do is sing/rap poorly and they'll touch it up to perfection, most people would take that deal.

That's literally how female pop stars are made.

But not male ones.

Again, there seems to be a dichotomy, where there is no such thing as "too pretty" for a woman in the entertainment industry, but there is such a thing as "too slayer" for a man.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back