Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Why is it that most moderators only moderate for the sake of moderating?

jerrycan dan

jerrycan dan

autistic retard
-
Go anywhere on the internet, go to any community online, and say something that ties a high-status member of that community's inner clique's panties in a knot. Instantly they will report you to a moderator, screaming at the moderator deal with this "troll" or whatever stock term the community has to refer to bad people who need to be gotten rid of. The moderator will see the high-status user's cries and, without more than a second of even looking at your inane shitpost to check if you've done anything wrong, punish you.

People are cliquey faggots, but this is where the real fun starts. Ask the moderator why they're punishing you, and they'll start acting really smug. Sometimes they won't even answer you, they'll tell you to "wait", "calm down", "stay put" or in general just tell you to shut up or you're gonna get punished more lol. They'll tell you, if you say they're incompetent, that you should go somewhere else lol because this is they're turf. They'll spout community-specific soundbites at you to justify their descisions to you or twist the rules as far as is possible to exercise just a little bit more dominance over you, and you can't call them out for it because they'll just ban you. They do all of this really smugly with their greasy little fingers behind a keyboard, thousands of kilometres away from the people they are smugly talking down to. However, despite this being the case, they seem to draw an enormous amount of satisfaction from it. They pride themselves in their demeanour, which is either super serious or some "don't fuck with me" badass, because they exude authority all over the members of the internet community they've been put in charge of. They treat moderating like a labour of love because they get to exercise dominance over people, they get off to it. Almost everyone on the internet who is a moderator acts like this.

Why is this? Is it because nobody who isn't a complete dweeb cares about what other people type enough to moderate a large community on the internet consistently? Is it because moderator teams are basically cabals and cliques which inevitably form with certain types of people?

Last edited:
Inb4 ban

The mods here are virgin incels :soy:

Most people love to abuse their position, especially on internet and even more losers like us, because lets be honest noone with active and fulfilling life is going to moderate internet forum.

Why is this? Is it because nobody who isn't a complete dweeb cares about what other people type enough to moderate a large community on the internet consistently? Is it because moderator teams are basically cabals and cliques which inevitably form with certain types of people?
Modcels on suiwatch 24/7. Is @knajjd still on his period?

Moderating an internet community is usually a good sign that the person gets off on the power.
They do all of this really smugly with their greasy little fingers behind a keyboard, thousands of kilometres away from the people they are smugly talking down to. However, despite this being the case, they seem to draw an enormous amount of satisfaction from it. They pride themselves in their demeanour, which is either super serious or some "don't fuck with me" badass, because they exude authority all over the members of the internet community they've been put in charge of. They treat moderating like a labour of love because they get to exercise dominance over people, they get off to it. Almost everyone on the internet who is a moderator acts like this.
this basically

It's a power thing.

Everyone needs something in order for existence to feel meaningful.

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

:feelsthink:

The mentality of a moderator (someone who likes to review others' work) does seem to be typically different than that of a creator (who likes to focus on his own creations), although occasionally they overlap (kind of like what Hitler talked about, when he spoke of the great man being a combination of theorist and leader).

We have some mods here who are that way; e.g. Serge will write essays sometimes rather than only moderating. He's more reflective and philosophical than a typical mod.

Everyone gets off on exercising power. The creator gets off on his power to create. The troll gets off on his power to provoke reactions. Etc. The mod is just another variant of power-tripper. A lot of what men talk about when they speak of wanting "validation" from femoids is to be able to exercise power to elicit that validation.

The desire for power, like the desire to have one's ego stroked, is just another adaptation that becomes pathological only if taken too far. Saul Alinsky wrote about the necessity of power and Benjamin Franklin wrote about the blessings of vanity.
Very high iq post.

Modcels on suiwatch 24/7. Is @knajjd still on his period?
you're welcome to complain about me to the higher ups if i go rogue. i haven't, i enforce the written rules. the problem you have is with the rules themselves, not me.

The troll gets off on his power to provoke reactions. Etc.
Not gonna lie, I am enormously guilty of this on forums which aren't incels.is (because I know mods will do underwater 4d chess on my proxy so I can't come back after being banned, plus incels are harder to bullshit than most so it's pointless and I am one of them anyway so the shitposting feels bad tbh). It feels extremely good to know that you can take the equivalent of a steaming shit all over your keyboard, and two dozen people will reply to it getting worked up in the space of a few hours. It's like a game, and as with all games you feel good about yourself for having the skill (even if there's ALMOST none required) to complete the objective

Never join a community with female moderators. Learned that the hard way.

Moderators here are mainly kiwi farm chad-lites, that want to wrangle all incels into one website to get laughs out of incels and stroke their own egos.