Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Why is it so unfulfilling, or feeling like it would be, to achieve my goals?

Balantol

Balantol

Recruit
★★
Has anyone here become "the best" at something, like to the point where you're in like at least the top 10% and there is very little competition, and you just feel complete emptiness or no sense of fulfillment? This could apply to something important that shapes your life, like some sort of subject in school, but let's say for example, in an online game, where you just become one of the most skilled, do you just feel like you wish you were bad and you had to learn it all again, or do you like feeling what it's like to be at the top, despite not really facing any challenges at that point.

Being at the edge of something is lonely. After you've done everything you wanted to do when you started you feel lost, you have to figure out your own path and walk it by yourself, with perhaps one or two people following with you.

The idols and people you looked up to as you were progressing now look lazy, like people who didn't try that hard at the end of it since you passed them.

There is a sense of pride in knowing that you are different from others, if you get good enough you might as well be a God in comparison to others in that aspect. But that's exactly why it's lonely, it becomes unrelatable and the community surrounding the subject all sound like massive idiots, and you end up isolated from them going both ways.

Experience is invaluable, and talking to someone without that experience is not the same.

The constant validation from being one of the best feels good, you feel rewarded for having done the work but in my experience, staying motivated is much harder. It's fun to pass people, to see yourself match things others have done and even expand on that.

But when you've done that, when you dominate everything you wanted to be able to do at first, it's just not the same anymore.

I'm not sure how to end this; I can assure you that you won't regret it, but there's a certain kind of emptiness that you'll only understand when you're there.
hi

Last edited by a moderator:
Being at the edge of something is lonely. After you've done everything you wanted to do when you started you feel lost, you have to figure out your own path and walk it by yourself, with perhaps one or two people following with you.

The idols and people you looked up to as you were progressing now look lazy, like people who didn't try that hard at the end of it since you passed them.

There is a sense of pride in knowing that you are different from others, if you get good enough you might as well be a God in comparison to others in that aspect. But that's exactly why it's lonely, it becomes unrelatable and the community surrounding the subject all sound like massive idiots, and you end up isolated from them going both ways.

Experience is invaluable, and talking to someone without that experience is not the same.

The constant validation from being one of the best feels good, you feel rewarded for having done the work but in my experience, staying motivated is much harder. It's fun to pass people, to see yourself match things others have done and even expand on that.

But again, when you've done that, when you dominate everything you wanted to be able to do at first, it's just not the same anymore.

I'm not sure how to end this; but I can assure you that you won't regret it, but there's a certain kind of emptiness that you'll only understand when you're there.

hi
do you have godskills? Maybe japanese?

It’s a comforting thing, knowing Im better than everyone else