Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Why Is Euthanasia Illegal Almost Everywhere?

TallCelFag

TallCelFag

30, autistic, 3/10 face, 2 months sober
★★★★★
What’s your take? I’m unsure myself so want to see what you guys think.

secular humanism , makes life sacred i guess , also the other humanist ideologies like communism worship human life
i also think the production factor of human capital and the fear of death inherent in humans factor in

i also think the production factor of human capital
I think this is key. Basically a significant number people who want to die are still productive and are therefore valuable to society.

It's bad for the economy if the slaves kill themselves

I agree but what about people who aren’t capable of being productive in today’s society? Why not let go of them at least, if they want to die?

and (((media))) is dedicated to instilling "hope" into the slaves so they feel they have a chance to attain what they will never get.

those taxes aren't gonna pay themselves

My guess for at least the US would be that healthcare and pharma industry will fight this tooth and nail. Maybe it's not the main reason, but I still think it's a huge one

I remember reading somewhere that some outrageous amount of money in healthcare is spent on what officially is referred to as "end-of-life care". Basically, if you spread healthcare expenditure for an average person along the lifeline, preventative care over early years is a small drop in the bucket. The largest piece of the pie would usually be close to the end of life (of course, if you don't die suddenly), when the whole team of expensive doctors ruthlessly fight for your life for a whole month after your stroke, perform 3 or 4 brain surgeries, provide you a 24/7 care and then you still die in a stepdown ward a month later. The hospital will bill your insurance potentially for millions. Same logic goes for terminal and/or hereditary illness with slim chances to ever recover. Imagine if every such person is magically given a choice - you either spend your next 2 months under these 20 tubes in a vegetative state, unconscious, without being able to say anything or you die today peacefully. Many people would choose the latter, but I imagine doctors being very upset about it for pure financial reasons, apart from ethical reasons of course.

Last edited:
Humans are moral hypocrites. We make life difficult for one another--from the interpersonal (bullying, selfish community behavior we understand makes others' lives nearly unbearable...) to the political (passing legislation leaders understand will be harmful to millions but beneficial to elites...). But we demand the same people we don't care about, aren't responsible for, and are happily entitled to socially isolate (a well-known risk factor for poor mental health and suicide) stick around 'til final curtain.

A common anti-euthanasia argument is that in supporting euthanasia, the state would be trampling on others' rights not to participate in "killing." If this were a bonafide justification, then the state would allow people to research and acquire for ourselves means to end life painlessly and reliably--instead of criminalizing this. But like the state's position on prostitution, the true justifications against euthanasia are rooted in pro-life secular and religious ideologies the majority, by their numbers, enjoys forcing on everybody else.

those taxes aren't gonna pay themselves
exactly, everyone else is coping about human life being sacred.
They don't want ugly humans to live, they want us all dead.

Humans don't like it when a value is assigned to their life. They want to believe they are worth more than anything.

They need a slave class doing the menial shit work, chances are many of these that don't have a family, love life or friend circle would die in an instant if the opportunity was not shamed & painless.

If you have nothing positive going on in your life yet you're still expected to contribute to a society that treats you like a cockroach it'd be strange to not give the rope a thought.

I wanna go to Switzerland to get euthanasia.

I agree but what about people who aren’t capable of being productive in today’s society? Why not let go of them at least, if they want to die?
Sadistic liberal or religious types thinking they know better, can't perceive what the other party is feeling, believe it's up to god & a sin or secretly get off on others suffering.
My guess for at least the US would be that healthcare and pharma industry will fight this tooth and nail. Maybe it's not the main reason, but I still think it's a huge one

I remember reading somewhere that some outrageous amount of money in healthcare is spent on what officially is referred to as "end-of-life care". Basically, if you spread healthcare expenditure for an average person along the lifeline, preventative care over early years is a small drop in the bucket. The largest piece of the pie would usually be close to the end of life (of course, if you don't die suddenly), when the whole team of expensive doctors ruthlessly fight for your life for a whole month after your stroke, perform 3 or 4 brain surgeries, provide you a 24/7 care and then you still die in a stepdown ward a month later. The hospital will bill your insurance potentially for millions. Same logic goes for terminal and/or hereditary illness with slim chances to ever recover. Imagine if every such person is magically given a choice - you either spend your next 2 months under these 20 tubes in a vegetative state, unconscious, without being able to say anything or you die today peacefully. Many people would choose the latter, but I imagine doctors being very upset about it for pure financial reasons, apart from ethical reasons of course.
There's big money in prolonging the suffering & half-life of the should be dead.

like the state's position on prostitution, the true justifications against euthanasia are rooted in pro-life secular and religious ideologies the majority, by their numbers, enjoys forcing on everybody else.

Because it would legitimize suicide, the thing they want to avoid at all costs.

Because all humans are legally bank collateral.