Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Why is eating dogs frown upon?

FinnCel

FinnCel

Alcoholcel
★★★★★
Intelligence wise, they are on same level as pigs and cows so why do we cherry pick the animals we eat?

I dont know man, i eat hot dogs all the time and that’s apparently fine.

Dogpill and lookspill

Pigs are much uglier than dogs

Bcos ppl r hypocrites, they r totally fine wif other sentient, intelligent animals who can feel pain n joy being slaughtered n not blink an eye but dogs? Noooooooo

Dogs are viewed as pets and useful animals in western society. They are useful for hunting, herding sheep, for protection from intruders, and just being a decent pet that can learn tricks. So it’s considered weird to eat an animal like a dog or even a cat. House pets are seen as above animals like cows and chickens even though they are all edible animals. They just arent viewed as food the way cows are for example

Dogs are just as intelligent as pigs or cows, but they have a greater bonding ability than many other animals which is why I think it’s wrong to eat dogs

Dogs are viewed as pets and useful animals in western society. They are useful for hunting, herding sheep, for protection from intruders, and just being a decent pet that can learn tricks. So it’s considered weird to eat an animal like a dog or even a cat.
Brutal utilitypill. The utilitypill multifunctioned me.

Dogs are just as intelligent as pigs or cows, but they have a greater bonding ability than many other animals which is why I think it’s wrong to eat dogs
If you had a pig as a pet on your house, you would be saying the same thing about pigs

a dog's got personality

Well I guess they are more useful and easier to train than say a cow, so back when dogs had actual jobs it could of been seen as stupid and wasteful to eat them, at least in Europe and the West.

Culture defines us. Eating dogs is no different than eating cows. We're all just too brainwashed

Two reasons: psychology and utility.

Humans develop emotional bonds to dogs who are able to feel basic emotions that we can read and relate to. "Man's best friend" isn't just a saying. It's true. A dog will be loyal to its master and defend it until death. A dog has planets worth more loyalty than a foid.

Also, they're very useful for house/farm protection, so killing such a helpful animal is a huge net loss.

Koreacels eat dogs

Pigs were domesticated to be eaten. Dogs/cats were domesticated to be companions. Simple as. Even as a chink I still find eating dogs/cats/every possible living thing alive--especially if you're not on the verge of starvation--to be degenerate.

Last edited:
Animal lookism.

Because pigcels are more meaty.

China loves them, but then again I am pretty sure they will eat any living thing, of course not before torturing it to increase the taste.

China loves them, but then again I am pretty sure they will eat any living thing, of course not before torturing it to increase the taste.
The only things with 4 legs they won't eat are tables and chairs

because dogs serve as good slaves for humans (will bark if someone breaks in your home for example)

they also don't have much meat and fat, usually eat trash so the meat is bad quality, it's worth breeding cows over them because grass is everywhere anyways

Because dogs are "family members"

dogs are cute and that makes normies have empathy towards them.

Dogs are viewed as pets and useful animals in western society. They are useful for hunting, herding sheep, for protection from intruders, and just being a decent pet that can learn tricks. So it’s considered weird to eat an animal like a dog or even a cat. House pets are seen as above animals like cows and chickens even though they are all edible animals. They just arent viewed as food the way cows are for example
this and the fact that pigs are ugly tbh. There are a lot of smart animals that are seen as bad because they are ugly.
dogs are cute and that makes normies have empathy towards them.

do dogs even taste good though?

Because they are cute and probably taste bad
If they looked ugly and tasted good , nobody would beat an eye

Some cultures find us Europeans eating meats like of horses and cows disgusting so it is hypocritical for me to care about East Asians eating cats, dogs or Peruvians eating guinea pigs for instance.

I would try dog tbh

Because foids fuck them. So by eating them you are taking away a foid's source of pleasure

Dogs are more domesticated so it'd be like eating a friend while pigs are literal unter mensch and are bred to be tasty rather dogs are bred to look good

Intelligence wise, they are on same level as pigs and cows so why do we cherry pick the animals we eat?
Funnily enough dogs were eaten in middle ages iirc. Just now it’s frowned upon since dog cute animal and because foids are zoophilic

I think I will just eat some tofu