Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why in U.S are obsesed with living alone?

R

RealestFakecel

Recruit
★★★★★
In a lot of r9k threads and other incels related websites i see the "living with parents" meme.

Here in EU (at least my country) Its VERY comon that people still living with parents till late 20´s and early 30´s. we have a similar culture so i dont see why a 23-24 guy living in mom and dad house is something to mock about.

Because people in US need to ensure they have their own place for sex.

RealestFakecel said:
In a lot of r9k threads and other incels related websites i see the "living with parents" meme.
Here in EU (at least my country) Its VERY comon that people still living with parents till late 20´s and early 30´s. we have a similar culture so i dont see why a 23-24 guy living in mom and dad house is something to mock about.
Its about gaining independence as soon as you turn 18 or 19 and heading off to college, or beginning your own life. A lot of Muricans live in college dorms, its part of the norm there to live on Campus, when you go off to college.

I'm still at my parents house because I can't find a job, no one wants to be my room mate, and houses/rent is just too damn expensive here in Australia, I imagine it must be the same in Europe.

I've been to Minnesota, some of the rent and house prices are way cheaper, well I can't Imagine for Texas, there's must be so cheap as well.

I love living by myself. My own little oasis. Nobodys presence but my own.

RealestFakecel said:

Because American culture expects people to "pull themselves up by the bootstraps" and start making 100k straight out of secondary school. Anything less is a failure and a leech.

I'd like my own home because then I could model it the way I wanted and make my own rules. It'd be a lot less stressful because then I'd just have to deal with myself and only myself.

However, prices here are pretty expensive and I don't have a good job that would pay for a loan.

VLÖ said:
I'd like my own home because then I could model it the way I wanted and make my own rules. It'd be a lot less stressful because then I'd just have to deal with myself and only myself.

However, prices here are pretty expensive and I don't have a good job that would pay for a loan.

Yeah where I live there's a huge housing bubble. Buying your own place is out of the question and I don't want to waste money on rent. Sure, it'd be nice if I could have a little privacy, but it's not worth paying $1500 a month in rent. As for interior decoration: when I do have my own place (probably when I move from this god forsaken city) it's going to be empty. I'm going to have a fridge, a mattress. Maybe a good desk and swivel chair.

yeah, housing is expensive af. It's crazy out here. Not sure if I'll ever be able to own a place.

Frontier culture.

Where I live, you would probably call it a snowy outpost, but I call it a city. There's an independence streak a mile long in the American character. The pilgrims selected for intrepid genes by braving the Atlantic and coming to literally uncharted territory to eek out a new life. Fast forward a few hundred years, and the next great migration was populated with Europeans fleeing famine and poverty to do the very same; get crammed into a shitty island, possibly sent back, hated by the new "natives," etc.

You had to have a little bit of an independence streak to attempt that shit in the first place, instead of just, ya know, kickin' it it Norway and making the best of it.

Also there's the whole westward expansion, which was a subset of fuckers culled from the original intrepid bunch.

I wish i could live without roommates. That way I'd have peace and quiet and not have to wait to use the bathroom.

Ryo_Hazuki said:
I wish i could live without roommates. That way I'd have peace and quiet and not have to wait to use the bathroom.
Does it ever get annoying, when you have to share stuff? And if sometimes, if one of doesn't have a job for a while? You have to pay for their shit.

Do you think you'll ever end up living alone?

I personally can't live with others, its either myself, family, or gf/wife (if i ever end up getting one).

RealestFakecel said:

Then you're probably from a European country whose majority has been poor for longer than the majority of Americans who had a relatively prosperous middle-class until the end of the Cold War. (And until the latest "crisis", they also had one of the highest rates of house owners over tenants.) 

Until rather recently, the vast majority of all Westerners, no matter how Aryan or Christian both they and those ruling over them otherwise were, had been living in utmost poverty and misery for many, many centuries, despite the West eventually being the by far richest part of the world due to its industrialization. Mainly because of the workers' movement was the ruling (and possessing) class eventually forced to share at least a bit of their riches. Now the ruling class couldn't simply rule alone anymore but had to fear strikes and uprisings, since all those without possessions (of factories, real estate, capital) had begun to organize under independently elected leaders. In their organizations, snitches, shills, concern trolls and the like were quickly removed. Out of fear of an even "worse" revolution of the non-possessing class, how it later actually occurred in Russia, the so-called "welfare state" came into existence: old-age pensions, accident insurance, employee health insurance, high-tariff policies to protect profits and wages from foreign competition, the 38-hour-week and the weekend itself. All according to the idea of "sacrifice a part to save the whole." 

This is why roughly between 1945 and 1990 (during the Cold War), the so-called "Middle-Class" was so prosperous in the West. This is also, btw, why why Western Germany enjoyed such an incredibly high standard of living during the Cold War. Since Western Germany was meant to be the "window to the west", US mega-capital pampered and spoiled the small country until the standard of living there was unsurprisingly high. If people in the East had looked over to the Western bloc and had only seen Merkel, Muslims, feminists, increasingly more poverty and people begging on the streets, they wouldn’t have been so enthusiastic to join Uncle Sam's degenerate empire of evil. Today, Germany isn’t needed anymore and therefore the land of bratwurst, beer and Beethoven is falling apart.

This part, the ruling class gave to the so-called "middle-class" because of their "sacrifice a part to save the whole"-strategy, they  now take back. The rich ruling class has become FAR more richer over the last few years. https://www.rt.com/business/409815-rich-people-wealth-poor/ And while the ruling class is getting EVEN richer because they don't even let us crumbs, the rest is ... well, getting poorer and poorer. Now the middle-class and their mini-capital is gettign destroyed and the last remains of non-American capital, mainly in the hands of Chinese and Russian men is also about to be destroyed, hence the war propaganda against these last few indepedent counties.

Red Shambhala said:
Today, Germany isn’t needed anymore and therefore the land of bratwurst, beer and Beethoven is falling apart.

Well, we are still doing better than most other European countries and economically the most powerful country here. Even after getting flooded with refugees.

But culturally we are falling apart indeed. Not the country of "Dichter and Denker" anymore. No great independent thinkers, writers and philosophers more from here unfortunately.

Lol in Europe its common to be staying with your parents til you get married. I wouldn't worry about it