Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel Why I hate group work

cripplecel

cripplecel

Luminary
★★★★★
I am making a project for uni and it is group project.

I code most of the stuff & my team mates take ages to do it. Then when they push to their github branch they don’t set up the files properly so the merge isnt smooth. So I need to fiddle with it to get the code to work.

These niggas also suck at coding so I need to fix issues with their code such as UI. So here I am making most of the code, handling all the merges and fixing their fucking code as well.

I had a checkpoint where we show the teacher the code & he could clearly see I was carrying since I was doing 80% of the commits to github.

Group work is terrible, good teams barely get made so you end up needing to carry if you want to get a decent grade.

Groups never work, high contributing individuals do, and when you're the smartest and most dedicated in a group, it's time to leave it

Groups never work, high contributing individuals do, and when you're the smartest and most dedicated in a group, it's time to leave it
Yes bro, I would leave this shit if I had the option.

I hated them too. This meme sums up group projects well:

I had them too. They were shit but at the very least in my case basically everyone contributed. They would take forever to do shit though.