Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Why don't people want to be considered shallow?

Divergent_Integral

Divergent_Integral

Spastic ricecel, heightmogged by 99.74% of men
★★★★
By "shallow" I mean, in the specific context of mate selection and inceldom, acting in such a way as to signal that one attaches preponderant importance to the other person's looks and further external attributes (such as wealth, possessions, etc.). The opposite of shallowness is, for lack of a better word, "deepness", i.e., concentrating most of our attention and desires on the other person's personality, character, ideas, thoughts, etc.

Apparently being shallow is considered a grievous sin, or at the very least a serious character flaw, in the world of normiedom. But I don't quite understand why this is so, and how it came to be the case. How did this bifurcation between the ideal of mate selection (being deep) and its reality (being shallow) arise, considering as it necessitates a huge amount of interpersonal hypocrisy and dissimulation? In particular: what evolutionary purpose does it serve to be perceived as "non-shallow" by other people?

Last edited:
Bookmarked now I have to play game

what evolutionary purpose does it serve to be perceived as "non-shallow" by other people?
Lets say an ugly guy approaches a foid,she's gonna reject him by telling him some :bluepill: crap like ''work on your personality''.
She's not gonna tell him to his face that he's ugly because she's afraid he might punch her in the face.
So,in conclusion, foids have evolved to lie in order to avoid repercusions.

Because if you act that way, people may see you as empty and having 0 content implies you barely have any worth. So they will just extend it to other life areas (such as dating) and try to act as non shallow as possible.

Also, maybe normies think that when you are perceived that way, people you abandon you (for realizing you are an empty shell that has nothing to offer) or treat you poorer.

Other's may act that way because they want to be perceived as more deep than they are (hence why foids label themselves as quirky), because they want to be perceived as special

It means the person is emotionally absent, distant or unavailable, and that he or she disregards others emotions, feelings, sentiments and concerns past superficialities. It usually also accompanies cynicism, which is intimidating as the character of cynics is ruthless, and they crush other's fantasies - as most people tend to ,,mystical" thinking and general romanticization of things, the cynic can be unpleasant in those situations, not to mention how he may be able of dismantling one's Alter-Ego, and, ulterior motives.

Because
1. It supposedly ruins your image and self-worth (the whole reason behind the bluepill tbh) too bad it doesn't matter at all since looks are everything tho (if people knew this by default then they wouldn't try to hide it, in fact some foids don't lol)
2. People (males in this case) won't likely rage at you if you tell them :bluepill: shit, so just giving them false hopes is enough to save your ass

By "shallow" I mean, in the specific context of mate selection and inceldom, acting in such a way as to signal that one attaches preponderant importance to the other person's looks and further external attributes (such as wealth, possessions, etc.). The opposite of shallowness is, for lack of a better word, "deepness", i.e., concentrating most of our attention and desires on the other person's personality, character, ideas, thoughts, etc.

Apparently being shallow is considered a grievous sin, or at the very least a serious character flaw, in the world of normiedom. But I don't quite understand why this is so, and how it came to be the case. How did this bifurcation between the ideal of mate selection (being deep) and its reality (being shallow) arise, considering as it necessitates a huge amount of interpersonal hypocrisy and dissimulation? In particular: what evolutionary purpose does it serve to be perceived as "non-shallow" by other people?
People are all pathetic weasels who try to cope bro, everyone just cares for money+status, and looks, that’s it, and you’ll called Shallow if you say anything clearly lol , woman chose the best looking or the most dependent guy(millionaires) , there is no middle ground , just like men, but the bad thing is there isn’t so many rich people and the good looking and the high status always change their partners

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back