Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Why does self-improvement feel like a waste of time anytime I do it/attempt it?

• Thread starter VirginAutistManlet
  • Start date
VirginAutistManlet

VirginAutistManlet

Mythic
★★★★★
I just can't but feel like it's utterly and completely pointless, I assume because everything I've improved so far has led to 0 difference in my life. I've not had any positive reinforcement for any improvements I've made. Even when I feel like I've made some kind of improvement and I gain a little confidence from it, I experience more negative feedback which kicks me back down to the level I was at before the improvement, and it makes me feel like all that time, effort and energy spent on the self-improvement was utterly pointless.

Lifting weights is a good example, I have been lifting weights since 2012, and it has made absolutely 0 difference in my life outside for perhaps improving my health and longevity, reducing risk of diabetes and other such diseases people get from being inactive. But from a point of improving anything social or sexual success, it's done 0, absolutely 0. If anything I have had a net-confidence LOSS with lifting weights for 7 years, because the realization that self-improvement doesn't help makes me very skeptical of trying more things to improve on, and it reinforces previously held beliefs I've had that it's all pointless.

Last edited:
Because it is a waste of time, you're an autistic manlet. You'd need to be statusmaxxed chad facially to balance the scales.

Because the return on investment is low for you.
Because it is a waste of time, you're an autistic manlet. You'd need to be statusmaxxed chad facially to balance the scales.

I have thought that, maybe the ceiling for what I can get from life, as an autistic manlet, is very low. Even if you gave me a billion dollars right now, I just can't imagine my social or sexual life changing, I feel like it would still be this massive up-hill never ending struggle to gain even 1% sense of normality.

self-improvement is just a way to build confidence, there's going to be a lot of times where you feel like a waste of time. But you might as well keep doing it, it's better to do something rather than being a constantly self-loathing piece of shit who does nothing to help themselves.

self-improvement is just a way to build confidence, there's going to be a lot of times where you feel like a waste of time. But you might as well keep doing it, it's better to do something rather than being a constantly self-loathing piece of shit who does nothing to help themselves.

But I said already, I do gain a bit of confidence, which is only shattered back down to 0 again once I realise it made no difference to me. Im sorry but I cant feign or delude myself into thinking the confidence gain I achieved changed anything, if the feedback I get from the outside world remains the same, my confidence returns back down to 0 again. Just because its building confidence, doesn't mean it's actually going to be solidified.

7 years of dedication to the gym and all it's taught me is that dedication to something doesn't pay off, which is why I state that lifting weights has been a net-loss for my confidence/esteem.

What's your routine? What's your diet? Do you take zinc? Do you take creatine?

Self-improvement may feel good until you see chad who doesn't self improve at all score all the women. Or until you realize all women don't have to "self-improve" anything to get what they want. If you're going to self improve just do it for yourself (srs) like gym/diet whatever. Don't do it for any returns because you will be disappointed unless you're Chad/ a woman.

What's your routine? What's your diet? Do you take zinc? Do you take creatine?

I've done many routines over the years, full body, brosplit, upper/lower, push pull legs, ive done specialized programs, ive done Chad-lifting (ie: doing whatever you feel like on the day), none of it makes any difference.

I've done clean-eating, I've done counting calories, I've done IIFYM, I've done intermittent fasting, I've autistically tracked my diet using smart phone apps, kitchen scales, etc, I've taken all the supplements you can think of (except steroids).

It doesn't fucking matter. I've seen Chads at the gym doing all kinds of retarded shit that online-fitness "experts" would say gives you 0 gains, and yet they have put on a ton of muscle, while staying <10% bodyfat and BTFOing all the internet-armchair lifting experts. I even asked a Chad at the gym what if he tracked calories or anything, and he said, nope, he just eats whatever he wants, doesn't take supps or anything, yet he mogged half the gym in size, strength and low bodyfat.

That said, I don't want to talk about lifting anymore, don't worry about me, I've tried every approach, it doesn't matter what you do, lifting is 100% genetics, nothing else, not hard work, not dedication, not autistic dieting, its just genetics, end of story. Its not even steroids, because I've seen steroid users who look like UTTER FUCKING SHIT, infact most roiders look like FUCKING SHIT, so yeah, thats why I say its 100% genetics, not even roids can save you.

Because no matter how much you improve yourself, you know in you heart you will never be loved

I've done many routines over the years, full body, brosplit, upper/lower, push pull legs, ive done specialized programs, ive done Chad-lifting (ie: doing whatever you feel like on the day), none of it makes any difference.

I've done clean-eating, I've done counting calories, I've done IIFYM, I've done intermittent fasting, I've autistically tracked my diet using smart phone apps, kitchen scales, etc, I've taken all the supplements you can think of (except steroids).

It doesn't fucking matter. I've seen Chads at the gym doing all kinds of retarded shit that online-fitness "experts" would say gives you 0 gains, and yet they have put on a ton of muscle, while staying <10% bodyfat and BTFOing all the internet-armchair lifting experts. I even asked a Chad at the gym what if he tracked calories or anything, and he said, nope, he just eats whatever he wants, doesn't take supps or anything, yet he mogged half the gym in size, strength and low bodyfat.

That said, I don't want to talk about lifting anymore, don't worry about me, I've tried every approach, it doesn't matter what you do, lifting is 100% genetics, nothing else, not hard work, not dedication, not autistic dieting, its just genetics, end of story. Its not even steroids, because I've seen steroid users who look like UTTER FUCKING SHIT, infact most roiders look like FUCKING SHIT, so yeah, thats why I say its 100% genetics, not even roids can save you.

But I am lifting and I wanna know what you did, it's relevant to my lifting. You didn't get stronger? You didn't get bigger?

But I am lifting and I wanna know what you did, it's relevant to my lifting. You didn't get stronger? You didn't get bigger?

Yes I did, it didn't make any difference.

Man that's sad. Could you show us some pics of your muscles?, i'm kinda interested to see what 7 years of gymcelling looks like for someone who lost the musculature-genetic lottery

Last edited:
Oh, you did get bigger and stronger? Did all of them make you big and strong or was one better for that?

Honestly the difference between routines is fucking minuscule, especially once you've obtained your noob-gains due to the effects of diminishing returns. The only real thing that helps improve your overall physique is doing higher volumes on specific weak-points, like if your deltoids are weak, you can do high volume side-lateral raises, and it'll give you a noticeable improvement, but other than that, there's nothing really you can do.

Even if you decide to take it further, and get noob-gains 2.0 (ie: steroids), its not 100% it will change much for you, chances are you'll still look like shit like most steroid users do. Genetics just plays too much of a role in how you look from lifting weights. If it was as easy as just taking some test and tren, then everybody would look like Zyzz, and how many people have managed to obtain a Zyzz body since he died? Yeah, maybe a couple guys (david laid, jeff sied, etc) out of literally tens of millions.

I'm just starting to gymcel just so I can hopefully lose my weight & fat.

I'm just starting to gymcel just so I can hopefully lose my weight & fat.

Eating less and light cardio will work better than Gymcelling for losing bodyfat. Lifting will increase your hunger making it harder to stay in a calorie deficit as your body craves calories/protein to rebuild muscle fibers.

Also - The metabolism increase from lifting weights and having more muscle on your frame is not that much, even by lifting for 2-3 years and gaining 20-25lbs of pure lean tissue, you're only gaining 200-300 extra calories on your metabolism, which is really nothing.

Eating less and light cardio will work better than Gymcelling for losing bodyfat. Lifting will increase your hunger making it harder to stay in a calorie deficit as your body craves calories/protein to rebuild muscle fibers.
I've been trying to eat less in my everyday lunches that I bring to school but my mother eyes me like a hawk whenever I attempt to make my own lunches so this doesn't work.

Perhaps you should try spiritual self improvement. Such as meditation, some type of marital art and/or tai-chi/ yoga?

While it's true that nothing can help with social advancement - love/friendship - becoming a master of yourself has intangible benefits that are invaluable.

Since you obviously have the willpower to gymmaxxx, switching to meditationmaxxing should be a breeze for you. The calmness can be a nice cope.

I relate to this thread strongly but these are wise words to follow.

the roid users look like shit because they ate too much

low calories + roids = look awesome

bloat + roids = look like garbage

Probably because self improvement won’t save you from inceldom if you’re sub4

"Hard work hardly works."

I get in arguments with people about this. So many people believe that hard work is rewarded. That is ridiculous. You can be a retard studying hard everyday to become a mathematics professor, and it's never going to make sense to your stupid head. Is some 5'6" guy gonna get into the NBA because he tries really hard? And guess what- no one cares how hard you work. You'll never be rewarded for trying.

"Anatomy is destiny."

I've seen the weakest asians/curries get muscle by just hitting the gym on a regular basis. Nothing to be done about looks though.

because it is a waste of time

its because you are ugly and born with the wrong genes

It is. I spent 3 years investing time into making myself the best possible person I could be and girls would just call me ugly and talk shit towards me, along with ignoring me. Now I don't do that at all. Fuck self improvement, I got nothing out of it except increased anger issues.

You can polish a turd, but its still a turd

Unless your self improvement involves growing several inches in height, growing millimeters of jaw bone and curing autism, I don’t think self improvement is going to help you much.

Honestly the difference between routines is fucking minuscule, especially once you've obtained your noob-gains
Tbh when I started lifting I planned perfect routine,diet and everything else.Now I put in a lot less effort and my body looks the same.All you need to do is lift and consume right ammount of calories for your goal(deficit,maintanance or surplus).
the roid users look like shit because they ate too much

low calories + roids = look awesome

bloat + roids = look like garbage
Not only that but a lot of people take roids with shit frame

Last edited:
Tbh when I started lifting I planned perfect routine,diet and everything else.Now I put in a lot less effort and my body looks the same.

This happens to everyone.

The point is Chad never does any autistic thinking or MMORPG maxing of his routine and diet, he just goes to the gym, and eats whatever his GF or fuckbuddy cooks him, and he eats out a lot as well with his Chadbro social circle, and they all drink alcohol as well, and yet all maintain a 6 pack year round without trying to have a 6 pack. Chads genetics are overpowered as fuck. Chad literally has 3d delts, huge traps, 17+ inch lean arms, benches 315 for reps, and he has never even actually tried to get any of that.

Meanwhile you have "The Virgin" lifter nerd, trying to get a 315 bench, doing all these autistic powerlifting routines to get it, meanwhile they have a gut, 15 inch flabby arms, no chest, and doing autistic olympic science based progression methods. Meanwhile Chad surpasses him in size, leanness and strength by just showing upto the gym and fucking around.

Self-improvement is a waste of time if you're only doing it in an attempt to get validation from others. Do it for yourself and no-one else.

Self-improvement is a waste of time if you're only doing it in an attempt to get validation from others. Do it for yourself and no-one else.

Its not a bout validation, its about trying to become normal and trying to fit in and be part of normal society in general. I use to think that just getting fit would help me play the part and be easier to at least appear normal. Maybe that is "validation" but I mean, validation as in so you're not just automatically put into the 'weird' or 'off' category for looking like a neckbeard and not being in-shape. At least being in shape and fit peoples first look and assumptions about you will be far better, which increases the likelihood you can try to appear as normal. If you're just a fat neckbeard you're going to come off as not being normal instantly.

Chad lifts to complete the look. Subhumans lift to cope.

Self improvement will not make teen girls legal to seek

All chads deserve to be poisoned.

Tbh when I started lifting I planned perfect routine,diet and everything else.Now I put in a lot less effort and my body looks the same.All you need to do is lift and consume right ammount of calories for your goal(deficit,maintanance or surplus).

Not only that but a lot of people take roids with shit frame
View attachment 121051

i think that's athleenx onyoutube

his frame looks a lot better, that pic is photoshopped or at a weird angle

his face looks like hell though

"Self improvement, is masturbation."

i think that's athleenx onyoutube

his frame looks a lot better, that pic is photoshopped or at a weird angle

his face looks like hell though
Nah that's not athleanx,he looks way better.This stock pic has been shared many years,no clue if it is photoshoped but frames like this exist

because it is a waste of time, if you dont have the genetics you can't do anything.

Self awareness if far far more important than the superficial self improvement that you speak of.
Watch Alex on Life at YTB.
He will rebuild you from fresh.
Word of advise.
At some point, you will feel those tickles of anxiety kicking in.
Best of Luck.