Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Why does Progressive Overload seem impossible?

VirginAutistManlet

VirginAutistManlet

Mythic
★★★★★
For the last few weeks I had been trying to do more volume on my Bench Press and i was doing 80kg for sets of 12-15. Today I thought it would be okay to add 2.5kg since I had done at least 40 sets completed over 12+ reps at 80kg over a few weeks.

I bench pressed today and I could barely do 80kg for 8. All those hundreds of reps at 80kg with the weight feeling light getting over 12-15 reps easily now suddenly feels heavy as fuck.

What’s sad is that I’ve been lifting for over 5 years now and barely look like I even lift and I’m still pathetically weak for the amount of time I have been lifting.

This is what it’s like to have shitty genetics. I can’t even squat anymore due to it causing me immense back problems, but even then I never got strong at squats to begin with.

Ontop of this my joints hurt and ache, so it’s impossible for me to push any harder, my body is failing me and it’s frustrating because I want to do more but my body just won’t let me. How the fuck can this be it for me? My strength has plateaued out at NOOB strength level, and I’ve been lifting for 5+ years, so nothing will change, I’ve tried everything, I just don’t get any serious results with any routine.

So sick and tired of having shit genetics

Last edited:
ngl you should work on another body part and comeback to chest another time.

ngl you should work on another body part and comeback to chest another time.

I’ve tried this before, I just end up even weaker and shitter at bench pressing the less I do it.

Eating is not the problem either, I’ve never been a skinny. Eating thousands of per day calories and gaining weight has never been an issue for me. This is clearly an issue of my body just not wanting to get stronger.

My hands and wrists are like my mothers hands, small and thin. My dad has really thick wrists and thick fingers.

Jfl training without steroids

how many calories are you eating daily? My bench press was pathetic so I got a weighted belt and did dips which helped alot

how many calories are you eating daily?

Enough to be 20-25% bodyfat

I am 5’7 and 88kg. Have been lifting since like 2013. I was about 68kg when I started in 2013ish. Unironically feel like I looked better when I didn’t even lift weights at 68kg.
avoid the bench press machine and use dumbbells to target areas.

I don’t use machines. I train at home with barbells. Don’t have any dumbbells except for light ones to do side lateral raises with.

Todays session was so bad and I was straining so fucking hard that I actually had tears form in my eyes that affected my ability to lift. My left elbow hurts, so the weight isn’t balancing right. Shits all fucked up. Considering just selling my power rack and all my gym shit and just giving up. Why even lift when it doesn’t give any decent results?

Last edited:

I am 5’7 and 88kg. Have been lifting since like 2013. I was about 68kg when I started in 2013ish. Unironically feel like I looked better when I didn’t even lift weights at 68kg.
Do weighted dips man, easier to recover from and they're great for building the strength to improve your bench press.

Do weighted dips man, easier to recover from and they're great for building the strength to improve your bench press.

I did but they ended up with the same issue. It doesn’t matter what I do.

I do Weighted chin-ups and I use to be able to do 20kg for reps and now my biceps start hurting so I have to stick to bodyweight. Weighted dips also have the same problem as bench, I start to get okay at them, then I suddenly lose all my strength.

Nothing I do works. I’m permanently stuck at noob strength level.

For the last few weeks I had been trying to do more volume on my Bench Press and i was doing 80kg for sets of 12-15. Today I thought it would be okay to add 2.5kg since I had done at least 40 sets completed over 12+ reps at 80kg over a few weeks.

I bench pressed today and I could barely do 80kg for 8. All those hundreds of reps at 80kg with the weight feeling light getting over 12-15 reps easily now suddenly feels heavy as fuck.

What’s sad is that I’ve been lifting for over 5 years now and barely look like I even lift and I’m still pathetically weak for the amount of time I have been lifting.

This is what it’s like to have shitty genetics. I can’t even squat anymore due to it causing me immense back problems, but even then I never got strong at squats to begin with.

Ontop of this my joints hurt and ache, so it’s impossible for me to push any harder, my body is failing me and it’s frustrating because I want to do more but my body just won’t let me. How the fuck can this be it for me? My strength has plateaued out at NOOB strength level, and I’ve been lifting for 5+ years, so nothing will change, I’ve tried everything, I just don’t get any serious results with any routine.

So sick and tired of having shit genetics

take roids and diet down

suddenly your genetics are decent

also fuck squatting, most nba athletes don't do it and they're athletic as fuck

I don’t use machines. I train at home with barbells. Don’t have any dumbbells except for light ones to do side lateral raises with.

Todays session was so bad and I was straining so fucking hard that I actually had tears form in my eyes that affected my ability to lift. My left elbow hurts, so the weight isn’t balancing right. Shits all fucked up. Considering just selling my power rack and all my gym shit and just giving up. Why even lift when it doesn’t give any decent results?

also deload for two weeks and unfuck your joints

take roids and diet down

suddenly your genetics are decent

also fuck squatting, most nba athletes don't do it and they're athletic as fuck

I’m not taking Roids. Why would I bother? I hate needles and I’m not going to pay out the ass for steroids to some criminals online who source the drugs from China that’s full of aids and hiv. Also I’m a Manlet, i already look ridiculous fat block at 88kg for my height, why would I want do roids and make me look like a roidcel

You're probably fatigued because you exceeded your MRV, I also suck at bench and I needed to up the frequency to 4 times a week to get stronger.

Typical week for bench would look like:

Day 1: Bench - x 4 @ 7, x 4 @ 8, x 4 @ 9, x 4 @ 9, x 4 @ 9,
Day 2: 2ct Pause Bench- x 3 @ 7, x 3 @ 8, x 3 @ 9, x 3 @ 9, x 3 @ 9
Day 3: TNG Bench - x 7 @ 8, x 7 @ 9, x 7 @ 10, x 7 @ 10, x 7 @ 10, CG Floor Press - x 6 @ 6, x 6 @ 7, x 6 @ 8, x 6 @ 8, x 4 @ 8, x 6 @ 8, x 6 @ 8
Day 4: Pin Press - x 3 @ 7, x 3 @ 8, x 3 @ 9, x 3 @ 9, x 3 @ 9

Thats about 27 sets a week, in addition, during the hypertrophy phase. There would usually be a 10-15 minute max reps for time session at an RPE @7 for 8 reps weight.

You can't just train for hypertrophy if you're looking to get bigger as a natural. You need lower reps as well because strength is essential if you're not on PEDs because it allows you to achieve progressive tension overload. You can only do so much volume of a given weight until you exceed your MRV. Guys on PED's don't have this problem and can just do more and more volume (like you were trying with the higher repetitions) because their MRV is super high. Strength increase allows for a minor upregulation of motor neuron efficiency and this can jump start hypertrophy by increasing the weight you can use for that higher rep work. The heavier lower rep work won't directly induce hypertrophy (volume will) but it will allow you to increase the tension for the sets and reps you are doing (which will produce a greater increase in the volume that you need for hypertrophy). Train in phases based on your experience, I'd say 4 weeks hypertrophy, 2 weeks strength, 1 week peaking, 1 week deload based on your strength levels.

Also RTS has a good free calculator where you can track your RPE's and make the appropriate adjustments week to week.

also deload for two weeks and unfuck your joints

1. I stopped squatting awhile ago because of back pain

2. Deloads i have done before, and I always end up weaker after I’ve done them. Deloads don’t work for me. If I deload my body just sees it as a reason to get weaker when I go back to normal training
You're probably fatigued because you exceeded your MRV, I also suck at bench and I needed to up the frequency to 4 times a week to get stronger.

Typical week for bench would look like:

Day 1: Bench - x 4 @ 7, x 4 @ 8, x 4 @ 9, x 4 @ 9, x 4 @ 9,
Day 2: 2ct Pause Bench- x 3 @ 7, x 3 @ 8, x 3 @ 9, x 3 @ 9, x 3 @ 9
Day 3: TNG Bench - x 7 @ 8, x 7 @ 9, x 7 @ 10, x 7 @ 10, x 7 @ 10, CG Floor Press - x 6 @ 6, x 6 @ 7, x 6 @ 8, x 6 @ 8, x 4 @ 8, x 6 @ 8, x 6 @ 8
Day 4: Pin Press - x 3 @ 7, x 3 @ 8, x 3 @ 9, x 3 @ 9, x 3 @ 9

Thats about 27 sets a week, in addition, during the hypertrophy phase. There would usually be a 10-15 minute max reps for time session at an RPE @7 for 8 reps weight.

You can't just train for hypertrophy if you're looking to get bigger as a natural. You need lower reps as well because strength is essential if you're not on PEDs because it allows you to achieve progressive tension overload. You can only do so much volume of a given weight until you exceed your MRV. Guys on PED's don't have this problem and can just do more and more volume (like you were trying with the higher repetitions) because their MRV is super high. Strength increase allows for a minor upregulation of motor neuron efficiency and this can jump start hypertrophy by increasing the weight you can use for that higher rep work. The heavier lower rep work won't directly induce hypertrophy (volume will) but it will allow you to increase the tension for the sets and reps you are doing (which will produce a greater increase in the volume that you need for hypertrophy). Train in phases based on your experience, I'd say 4 weeks hypertrophy, 2 weeks strength, 1 week peaking, 1 week deload based on your strength levels.

Also RTS has a good free calculator where you can track your RPE's and make the appropriate adjustments week to week.

Chad doesn’t do any of that science shit. He just does Bench Press every Monday with the boys. Im not going to do that incel strengthcel sciencecel shit.

Last edited:
I did but they ended up with the same issue. It doesn’t matter what I do.

I do Weighted chin-ups and I use to be able to do 20kg for reps and now my biceps start hurting so I have to stick to bodyweight. Weighted dips also have the same problem as bench, I start to get okay at them, then I suddenly lose all my strength.

Nothing I do works. I’m permanently stuck at noob strength level.
I'm an amateur who only lifts because I have tons of free time but if you're getting that lightning type of shooting pain through your muscles you need to take a break or target a different muscle group. I've gotten that type of pain regularly doing pull ups with a 45 lbs weighted vest, I took like a 2 week break from them and the pain hasn't returned. Could be genetics or maybe you're just carrying too much weight for your frame. Maybe try intermittent fasting because if you're 5'7 you could easily lose 5 kgs and be better off. I permanently fucked my left hip flexor doing deadlifts so whenever I get serious unnatural pain I just switch to a different lift.

Last edited:
I’m not taking Roids. Why would I bother? I hate needles and I’m not going to pay out the ass for steroids to some criminals online who source the drugs from China that’s full of aids and hiv. Also I’m a Manlet, i already look ridiculous fat block at 88kg for my height, why would I want do roids and make me look like a roidcel

because you make endless strength gains while losing fat + gaining muscle all while dieting (if you're a roid newbie)

if the chinese roids were fucked, like half of instagram fitness models would be dead by 2020

Chad doesn’t do any of that science shit. He just does Bench Press every Monday with the boys. Im not going to do that incel strengthcel sciencecel shit.

but you aint chad. he has a thick robust bone structure.

if you don't have that, progress will be nearly impossible (without drugs)

Can ya stretch ya chest or does it hurt?

1. I stopped squatting awhile ago because of back pain

2. Deloads i have done before, and I always end up weaker after I’ve done them. Deloads don’t work for me. If I deload my body just sees it as a reason to get weaker when I go back to normal training

You're right it's all cope. I'm just saying, allow yourself to do some singles, doubles and triples while maintaining at least 60-80% of the volume you were doing on the bench during the hypertrophy phase. Since it seems like you just finished working in higher rep ranges for the past few weeks, do a bunch of 1-3 rep work for 2 weeks, but keep your back off sets at the 8-12 rep range (e.g. Bench 5 x 2 followed by Bench 3 x 12)

but you aint chad. he has a thick robust bone structure.

if you don't have that, progress will be nearly impossible (without drugs)

The “science based” lifters are all dyel compared to natural chads who run a bro split.

The “science based” lifters are all dyel compared to natural chads who run a bro split.

exactly

omalsurf looks soft as fuck and unless he flexes with a pump, looks like some average ethnic guy

but he's pretty damn strong, but who gives a fuck?

exactly

omalsurf looks soft as fuck and unless he flexes with a pump, looks like some average ethnic guy

but he's pretty damn strong, but who gives a fuck?

Omar is me, except he at least got the strength bonus. He still looks DYEL normally despite decade of lifting and science based application.

I didn't even get the strength bonus though, I just the DYEL + Weak mode. Omar got DYEL + Strong mode.

I bought Fish oil & Vitamin D today, maybe supplementing that will help with my joint/tendon problems.

Omar is me, except he at least got the strength bonus. He still looks DYEL normally despite decade of lifting and science based application.

I didn't even get the strength bonus though, I just the DYEL + Weak mode. Omar got DYEL + Strong mode.

I bought Fish oil & Vitamin D today, maybe supplementing that will help with my joint/tendon problems.

he's probably one of the smartest youtube fitness guys yet I see homeless guys who smoke crack all day who look more ripped than him

but you're right

all these guys with shit genetics compensate with vast knowledge and still look like dogshit

strength can be different in a short time

he's probably one of the smartest youtube fitness guys yet I see homeless guys who smoke crack all day who look more ripped than him

but you're right

all these guys with shit genetics compensate with vast knowledge and still look like dogshit

Thats my point. I use to do tons of autistic science based eating and lifting, and I honestly look no different to what I do now just winging it. Being precise and autistic with nutrition and training with shit genetics makes no difference, I'd go as far as to say even with elite genetics it makes no difference. When I use to lift at a gym (not at home) I would see a lot of guys, all just doing a typical bro-split, all of them looking jacked and strong, none of them doing any kind of science based training. I even asked a few guys that were shredded if they counted macros (they asked me what macros were) and then I asked them if they counted calories or anything and they said nope, theyve never done any of that stuff.

Thats what made me originally stop tracking macros/counting calories and stop doing science based training, was when I asked all those guys at my gym who mogged me what they did and they did none of that stuff, so here I am putting in 500% effort, autistically weighing all my food out on kitchen scale, entering all my food into an app, making sure to hit my macros to the dot. Then I compared myself to these guys at the gym, they're mogging me in size, strength and leanness, and they do none of that shit, and they just have fun doing a bro-split, eat whatever they want, don't even force-feed protein in, don't eat any protein powders, don't force meat down their throat every, they even have typical normie social lives drinking and traveling....... What a fucking joke TBH.

Is it a possibility all these guys I saw at the gym were on gear? Maybe, I knew a few were, they told me about it and sometimes it was damn obvious, etc, but for sure not all of them were, a lot of them were just genetically lucky with how their body responds to training.

I remember some DYEL kid came into the gym, and within 12 months he mogged me, it's not that he was HUGE, but he was small and really fucking lean, and he was so lean that he just looked jacked because of it, and that was just after 1 year of him lifting. The effect of lifting on my body was NOWHERE NEAR the effect it had on this kid, like his body just snapped and became muscular, vascular and separated within that first year, meanwhile I still had the soft dyel appearance after multiple years. YES he wasn't HUGE, and yes he was SMALL compared to most lifters, but his body 100% looked like he lifted weights, something I couldn't even say, unless I had a really great pump going.

Last edited:
IMO you just need to lift (focus on compound and free weight exercises) and eat to control your weight.Genetics will be the decisive factor of your physique anyways,all that science shit won't have much effect