Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Why does anime attract so many incels?

> serious replies only
2F13B504 F9A5 4431 8A3D 3928DBBFEAA6

because being incel in japan is the norm

It's from Japan, and they have a large NEET, hikkikomori, etc. population probably more than anywhere else

Cute aesthetic and I have yellow fever

Japanese are a little more based than western cucks so their shows are still somewhat watchable. Still a lot of thirst and Gurl power in most anime but not as much as netflix

I only like Dragon ball and other normie animes like Pokemon and Naruto. But ig I like those because they're cool? Just watching dragon ball and Naruto is cool. There's characters like goku who mostly always do the right thing and triumphs even against unspeakable odds. Naruto as a character is a cuck. It's easy to get invested. Goku is one of the greatest fictional characters of all time. The way things play out is really appealing. There's a lot of really dope character designs in anime. Transformations and fights that send chills. Someone is going to say inject t.

It is like cartoons for adults pretty much. When you grow out of kids shows you gotta watch something else lol.

You have to remember, incels on forums like these are a tiny percent of the total incel population. The vast majority of incels don't identify as "incel" or use incel forums/boards/subreddits.

I've known a lot of incels in real life and the majority were basically just normie NPCs in terms of what entertainment they were into.

It's just incels who are active on incel sites like this that are disproportionately more likely to be into anime. There's a lot of reasons why that's the case but I think the main reason is that a large percentage of incels who are active on the incelosphere found out about incels through 4chan.

ED EDD n EDDY is my favorite anime

Its a god tier cope, I used to be against anime too but after being convinced to watch a couple of shows I now watch it casually, anime tackles topics that no other medium does and theres so many shows out there that every possible scenario is covered

Because anime expresses emotions in a way that autistic people understand.

A lot of incels have autism.

Therefor a lot of incels like anime

2d foids tend to be preferred to real foids

Because it allows us to fantasize about how we wish our lives were, and considering in most anime the main character always has things going his way in terms of getting attention from foids, forming a stable relationship, or having sex. It's the best cope to help escape the terrors of the real world and helps us imagine what our lives would be like if we were chad. Also, in anime the main character always gets affection from foids most of the times without even trying despite their social awkwardness ,and its addicting as fuck.

I hate every form of entertainment.
Used to be big on playing vidya and watching t.v shows. Figured out they are pointless crap. Lost interest. Watched a few anime along with shows but they are no better either. Now I just LDAR and watch YouTube videos. Hate myself honestly.

I had a shit childhood so I always went to cartoons for escapism, years later and its still the only thing I enjoy watching. Well that and basketball

Anime is just like drugs, you can escape reality by watching anime.

because they are low iq

You have to remember, incels on forums like these are a tiny percent of the total incel population. The vast majority of incels don't identify as "incel" or use incel forums/boards/subreddits.

I've known a lot of incels in real life and the majority were basically just normie NPCs in terms of what entertainment they were into.

It's just incels who are active on incel sites like this that are disproportionately more likely to be into anime. There's a lot of reasons why that's the case but I think the main reason is that a large percentage of incels who are active on the incelosphere found out about incels through 4chan.
Pretty much this.
Also I like the visuals and japanese sounds cute.

Potrays an unrealistic idealistic world especially when it comes to females and allows the faggots who watch it to live vicariously through the characters, and practice escapism.

Anime was created by japanese incels for incels.

Potrays an unrealistic idealistic world especially when it comes to females and allows the faggots who watch it to live vicariously through the characters, and practice escapism.

Anime was created by japanese incels for incels.

And this is the second biggest reason.

Its a god tier cope, I used to be against anime too but after being convinced to watch a couple of shows I now watch it casually, anime tackles topics that no other medium does and theres so many shows out there that every possible scenario is covered

This

They are fun to watch. Also you can find "deep" series.

I can't relate to nor identify with any of the characters within shows on American TV, same goes for Hollywood movies. Come to think of it, I don't really enjoy any non animated visual media, I'm either completely disinterested, or actively repulsed. Maybe the one exception is with sporting events, but I don't really watch those either.

Not to mention that a lot of the dialogue just enrages me(e.g. teehee, relationships, feminist propaganda).

Yea its a selection bias of incels on this forum, its a product of the more general trend that people who seem to spend more time on internet forums tend to be more into anime.

Because we tend to stay indoors so have more time to explore the internet

This place is full of weebs. They are annoying IRL, even if not incels.

Not every weeb is an incel, most of them, if good looking, find another demented weeb girl. The only weebs you can find here are the lowest tier between the weeb population, weebcels.

I acknowledged that some weebcels created their own forum, because apparently they were hated even in these communities.

Because they have stories every type of people can relate to. Take f/e Sword Art Online, where the mc is a loner cuck with no life who spends all his time playing to be the best. It became popular quickly because back then the MMO era and gaming in general was at its peak and a lot of players were like the MC.
Then you have edgy shit like Mirai Nikki, SNK & Tokyo Ghoul for edgy emos who feel represented by the mc being in constant suffering.
The Isekai genre is escapism at its best. Their mc always tend to be ilogically the most powerful so their audience feels in charge.
And finally for mature audiences you have shows with a complex and fucked up plot like in Steins;Gate, Psycho Pass & Madoka Magica that focuses character and story development.