Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Why do young loser men relate to Patrick Bateman?

Caesercel

Caesercel

Take a look to the sky just before you die.
★★★★★
I personally can't relate at all. He is one of the most obnoxiously vapid characters in existence. Materialistic and ambitious in all the wrong ways

I don't like or relate to any tall goodlooking men who are successful with women.

because their retarded. bateman isn't you, Bateman is the chad that mercilessly bullied you in highschool.

This wealthy, psychopathic, gigaNTmaxxed Chadlite that was used to criticise the vanity of modern American society and whores is so totally like me, bro, look how sigma he is! I can be just like him if I ignore woman and start the hustle! :soy:

Last edited:
It's probably because he's presented as the type of everyday character we could somewhat relate to and wish we could be, sort of like Tyler Durden (I know little about "literary theory" but there's probably a term for this type of character). Yes, he's superficial and materialistic, but at the same time he represents how many people have to interact in the world: by putting on a facade and wearing a social mask to hide their true feelings.

They relate to the character in the sense that they too have negative thoughts about their bosses, annoying people at work or in their day, or anyone else, that they wish to verbalize and enact their violent fantasies on. Bateman is someone who does act on his negative thoughts and violent fantasies (or does he?), and they vicariously experience their own personal catharsis as they watch Bateman tell someone off he deosn't like or literally chop them off.

Last edited:
because their retarded. bateman isn't you, Bateman is the chad that mercilessly bullied you in highschool.
Chads don't really bully people. That's Hollywood shit. 95% of bullies are low - midtier normies

Chads don't really bully people. That's Hollywood shit. 95% of bullies are low - midtier normies
Extremely true. iirc I’ve even seen someone on here show proof with stats that most bullying happens intra-social circle and most bullies are actually similar in social status to the people they pick on.

In my own experience in high school, I was picked on by sub-6 normies. Chads didn’t really care about me, I was basically invisible to them.

Extremely true. iirc I’ve even seen someone on here show proof with stats that most bullying happens intra-social circle and most bullies are actually similar in social status to the people they pick on.

In my own experience in high school, I was picked on by sub-6 normies. Chads didn’t really care about me, I was basically invisible to them.
This. Incels are invisible to high value people. You don't exist to them, you're a side character NPC at best.

True for the most part. But from personal experience I can say that getting bullied by chads is much worse.

This wealthy, psychopathic, gigaNTmaxxed Chadlite that was used to criticise the vanity of modern American society and whores is so totally like me, bro, look how sigma he is! I can be just like him if I ignore woman and start the hustle! :soy:
""oooo00hh Literally Me!!!"" :soy:

I relate to the narrator from fight club tbh , I never understood how Patrick bateman was this "sigma" lol

I don't understand it neither.
This guy is literally a sex haver chad, why tf some khhvs relate to this guy? He's everything we aren't.

Autists relate to him because he’s unemotional, anti-social, and a “victim of a consumerist society” (negative traits)

Except he’s powerful, handsome, and financially successful. (positive traits)

Autists are also unemotional, anti-social, and a “victim of society” (negative traits) - so they connect to those negative traits in order to connect to him, thereby connecting to the positive traits and feel like they are “something” when they really are nothing.

It’s not dissimilar to how people connect to superheroes or movie heroes, except it’s done by virgin autists to justify their socially pathological behavior.

I think it all started as a meme but now they worship him unironically and it's so annoying man. The movie isn't even that good the book was better.

I don’t believe they relate to him at all
They seem to idolize him and dream of being him on some level

Also socio maxxed wnd violent which I wish I was

I personally can't relate at all. He is one of the most obnoxiously vapid characters in existence. Materialistic and ambitious in all the wrong ways
They don't relate at all to him .They want to be him.

Most user of this site are worthless pieces of shit.