Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why do we fear not existing so much?

Near.Belgrade

Near.Belgrade

Discord: dreye0261_75651
★★★★★
I know we mostly just fear the pain that is associated with death but do we also fear not existing and if so why?

i don't fear not existing. i just wish i could experience the happiness I never had

It's just hardwired into our biology to want to survive, just like a car engine is gonna try to keep running no matter how much you abuse it

I lean more towards being afraid with the pain associated with dying. Some say that dying to pneumonia in an old age isn't painful but I've no idea

i don't fear not existing. i just wish i could experience the happiness I never had
Same. I wish I could be living the life I want and not rotting. The fact that after death, there likely is no afterlife and this was it bothers me because I didn't get a chance to do so many happy things essential to a decent life

It's just hardwired into our biology to want to survive, just like a car engine is gonna try to keep running no matter how much you abuse it
True but why is it hardwired into our biology? I have a theory on that actually but I have some doubts on whether it could be true or not

Same. I guess knowing you only had one shot at life and it got wasted is what is truly sad

True but why is it hardwired into our biology?
Organisms are designed to want to survive. It's how species keep going. Just like car engines are made to create rotational energy and do anything possible to keep going.
I have a theory on that actually but I have some doubts on whether it could be true or not
Make a thread about it sometime and tag me in it.

Our mind (DNA's trickery) will keep us addicted to life, to ensure or increase the chances of DNA's own survival (via fucking).

Survival Instinct hardcoded into our genes

we are just animals afterall

I'd rather not exist in the current jewed era