Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel WHY DO UNITY CODING TUTORIALS SUCK FUCKING ASSSSS

aswellfella

aswellfella

Ruined Person. People on here say I have a nice VO
-
I've never coded. I have no idea what any of this shit means. Can anybody help me out on like the anatomy of this shit? Or is it just like a "oh it is what it is" type of situation where nothing is consistent, including the vocabulary?

I've been taking notes for like 5 hours trying to reverse-engineer what's in this fucking limey's video. WHY CAN'T HE JUST EXPLAIN SHIT. IT SAYS FOR "COMPLETE BEGINNERS"!

Codingcels, help me out. Does the snytax of this bullshit work like

SectionforAlotofCode()
{
Field.What'sBeingChanged = SomeVariableorNumber;
}

So like:
-that line of code's called a "command", right?
-do commands always end with a ; ?
-is everything only one space, except what's separated by a period?
-is it brackets, line down + tab?
-could another command just go right under or does it need another line down?
-for IF statements, is it another tab for their commands?
-Are the editable boxes in a gameObject's component in the inspector tab called a "slot" or a "function" or a "field"? The asshole in the vid uses all three.
-Why is this British guy like legit the best tutorial I've found?

My brother, dis thug be dis nt ChatGPT or an expert coder. Surely dat shit be Yo low IQ.

I've never coded. I have no idea what any of this shit means. Can anybody help me out on like the anatomy of this shit? Or is it just like a "oh it is what it is" type of situation where nothing is consistent, including the vocabulary?

I've been taking notes for like 5 hours trying to reverse-engineer what's in this fucking limey's video. WHY CAN'T HE JUST EXPLAIN SHIT. IT SAYS FOR "COMPLETE BEGINNERS"!

Codingcels, help me out. Does the snytax of this bullshit work like

SectionforAlotofCode()
{
}

So like:
-that line of code's called a "command", right?
-do commands always end with a ; ?
-is everything only one space, except what's separated by a period?
-is it brackets, line down + tab?
-could another command just go right under or does it need another line down?
-for IF statements, is it another tab for their commands?
-Are the editable boxes in a gameObject's component in the inspector tab called a "slot" or a "function" or a "field"? The asshole in the vid uses all three.
-Why is this British guy like legit the best tutorial I've found?

If i'm not mistaken, Unity uses C#(In jewuni, we learn C# as our main language). C# always ends with a ; it's just the syntax, I would recommend you learn the basics of C# instead of going straight to game dev.

- Field.name1(name1 could actually be a property, method or field. The actual Field name(Field) can be an object). I wouldn't call it a command but you're assigning a value to a variable and you're using accessing said object with by using it's property or code. There isn't a lot of context to the code so I'm making educated assumptions, I've never went into game dev as well but I do learn JewSharp# at jewni

- Yes it's C# syntax to indicate the end of a statement

- I don't understand what you mean

- I also don't understand wym

- I have no clue what you mean mang :feelsrope: :feelsrope: :feelsrope:

- Mang I still don't understand what you are trying to say, over for lowiqcels :feelsrope: :feelsrope: :feelsrope:

- In normal C#(I'm gonna try make a good example kek)

----
Incel
{
//These are fields
public string name;
public bool NCT;

//These are properties
public string Name
{
get { return name; }
set { name = value; }
}

//These are Methods
public void GetSometing()
{
Console.WriteLine(Name);
}
}

---

So in essence accessing the field you would instantiate the a new instance of the Incel class(You know how to do this and I'm lazy to write code on .is jfl)

(I'll use Blackcell as the instance of the Incel class)

blackcell.name = blackcell_from_za; //string so yeah
blackcell.NCT = false //boolean

So I'm not sure if you use those words interchangeably but they mean different things mang.

LEARN basic C# nigger. I wrote all nigga

If i'm not mistaken, Unity uses C#(In jewuni, we learn C# as our main language). C# always ends with a ; it's just the syntax, I would recommend you learn the basics of C# instead of going straight to game dev.

- Field.name1(name1 could actually be a property, method or field. The actual Field name(Field) can be an object). I wouldn't call it a command but you're assigning a value to a variable and you're using accessing said object with by using it's property or code. There isn't a lot of context to the code so I'm making educated assumptions, I've never went into game dev as well but I do learn JewSharp# at jewni

- Mang I still don't understand what you are trying to say, over for lowiqcels :feelsrope: :feelsrope: :feelsrope:

----
Incel
{
//These are fields
public string name;
public bool NCT;

//These are properties
public string Name
{
get { return name; }
set { name = value; }
}

//These are Methods
{
Console.WriteLine(Name);
}
}

---

So in essence accessing the field you would instantiate the a new instance of the Incel class(You know how to do this and I'm lazy to write code on .is jfl)

So I'm not sure if you use those words interchangeably but they mean different things mang.

Bro, just give me a break here. Forget about IQ. How'd you learn?

Like, again, I've never coded in my life. I need an explanation for literally everything, every space, every bracket, every parenthetical (), every Capital Letter, every tab, what the vocab means, everything.

Is there anything you could recommend to teach that efficiently? Otherwise, I'll never be able to sell H games :(

Last edited:

----
Incel
{
//These are fields
public string name;
public bool NCT;

//These are properties
public string Name
{
get { return name; }
set { name = value; }
}

//These are Methods
{
Console.WriteLine(Name);
}
}

---

Like, dude, can you break down the vocab in plain English? Very simple terms please, I'm not too bright.

Like, dude, can you break down the vocab in plain English? Very simple terms please, I'm not too bright.
bro learn basic c# before diving in that will help you with the syntax and everything else youre confused by

Learn basic C# mang before diving into game dev

Bro, just give me a break here. Forget about IQ. How'd you learn?

Like, again, I've never coded in my life. I need an explanation for literally everything, every space, every bracket, every parenthetical (), every Capital Letter, every tab, what the vocab means, everything.

Is there anything you could recommend to teach that efficiently? Otherwise, I'll never be able to sell H games :(
I learn at jewni(in other words university. I’m doing my last year). Just learn basic C# there are tons of tutorials online. I have my notes from school(MD files if you’d like). Learn the absolute basics:
Data types
Conditional statements
Loops
OOP(object oriented programming)
Classes, objects etc

After learning the basics, you can now watch that video and it’ll make a lot more sense

These two things are a contradiction. Smart means you do learn things easy (at least easier than others).
OK well I guess I ain't smart, then. Knowledgeable? Would that be a better word? A know a lot of things, is what I'm trying to say.

It's C#, first learn the syntax and theory of C#, OOPs, properties etc, otherwise it'd all feel like mumbo jumbo

OK well I guess I ain't smart, then. Knowledgeable? Would that be a better word? A know a lot of things, is what I'm trying to say.
Knowledgeable would be correct. What people know is usually not a reliable indicator of how intelligent they are. How people reason through things, however, is almost always an indicator of it.