Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Why do these climate change believers keep saying it's about saving the planet

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
It's about saving US, isn't it? If it really is happening and let's just say for a moment that it is - it's about saving us, right?

The planet will be fine and it's hard very high CO2 and whatnot in the past.

But they frame it like they're hippies and this is all to save the Earth.

Seems really bizarre to me how they insist on framing it in this way.

If it’s about saving the planet, they should go live in the jungle and stop being a consumer.

If it’s about saving the planet, they should go live in the jungle and stop being a consumer.

They'd never actually want to LIVE in nature. They'd get eaten by a tiger and they wouldn't have an iPhone. XD

They'd never actually want to LIVE in nature. They'd get eaten by a tiger and they wouldn't have an iPhone. XD
How convenient change is something they always want from other people yet not themselves.

How convenient change is something they always want from other people yet not themselves.

Yeah agreed. That's authoritarianism 101 I think. It's just a desire to control others. I don't think they really care how or why.

These Foids are major part of the problem buying new clothes every week. I haven't bought new clothes in years.

It makes them appear closer to nature when they frame it in this way, it is utterly pointless to act pious toward a sphere and base your entire being on the conservation of a rock in the vast darkness of space.

Without the ability to admire, hate and pontificate about the sphere, there is no reason other than ego to want to save a rock long after our demise.

The apex predators with high sentience are the main focus for survival, not the habitat upon which they thrive on, if we cease to exist then the plane we once lived on should be of no concern.

If you care for other spacefaring travellers and their opportunities, then you have a point in wanting to conserve a lifeless planet.

It's definitely odd that they value the Earth itself so much. I mean don't get me wrong it's a very pretty planet and we're very lucky to have it, but the idea of putting it BEFORE mankind is just crazy to me.

This seems to be a common result of atheism. People still want to worship something so they worship the planet.

I much prefer the traditional worldview of prioritising God, mankind, and our achievements.

we need to prevent another permian extinction by using wind mills and driving battery powered shitmobiles

we need to prevent another permian extinction by using wind mills and driving battery powered shitmobiles
I only travel using thermonuclear supersonic aircrafts.

I only travel using thermonuclear supersonic aircrafts.
Unironicly a nuclear powered jet is probably better for the environment than a tesla that needs a fuck ton of rare earth mineral mining to construct.

Unironicly a nuclear powered jet is probably better for the environment than a tesla that needs a fuck ton of rare earth mineral mining to construct.

Everything becomes very simple when you put freedom first.

But authoritarians just can't do that.

Earth is simultaneously a continuous horror and an absolute joy to behold, the vast planes of teal oceans, green forests and sandy dunes bring nothing but wonder to the imagination, but to live within that complex collage summons the horrors of existence.

Placing us last in the hierarchy only serves their ego and bolsters their weaponized self-importance through acts of guilting and shamming people who do not subscribe to their paradigm.

Religion never left, only the flavour of the day changed, society now worships egalitarianism and anyone proclaiming an alternative is met with crowds of frothing at the mouth devotees, screaming in expletives and painting you a heretic.

Egalitarianists may have good intentions but the core philosophy is hinged upon obvious contradictions, nothing in life is equal, so creating a system to abide by using these tenets will fail as many times as attempted.

Holding God, or a set of Gods above man has been the default order since our conception, the unknown was worshiped and observed, and it was left to the people to interpret meaning from strange oddities.

The problem with observing is that people are always improving this skill and as time pushes onward so does technology, and with the dawn of technology, man now has the ability to unravel the oddities and usurp their once long lasting position.

I do not believe, but I want to.

I think we agree on most of this stuff.

Regarding the existence of God... I think the Earth, universe, consciousness, etc... it's all just too grand I think to be just here by chance and be accident. A random explosion creating everything from nothing.

Last edited:
True

Obviously the government isn't gonna be like "we're running out of natural resources so please buy less shit and trade in your car for a bike"
No they're gonna make up a fake climate crisis so they can use cheaper more readily available materials to manufacture the same shit but call it "environmentally friendly" so that the money keeps rolling in.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back