Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why do some members ask to be temporarily banned?

FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
Is it to help curb an addiction to the site?

they think they're going to ascend

If they're addicted to this forum and need to get rid of the distraction

i asked to be banned because after the van incident in toronto all the mainstream news was on a incel witch hunt so I didn't want to hang onto the label but you can really discuss these topics anywhere else really without normie advice showing up to basically tell you to shower, workout, work on yourself for normie left overs in chance of marrying someone who will most likely divorce you or leave you

I ask to be banned because all the cool kids are asking

so they can focus on irl stuff but they could always just log off.

No self control + drama queen attention whores when they ask publically.

I did it twice because I had to do important school assignments

To prevent making further contributions to the site. Usually done to work on something IRL.

To draw attention.

Why not just stop visiting? Unless addiction is a factor?
The whole reason to make an account is to post. If a user really wanted to get things done IRL they would take further measures such as using a website blocker. But that should only be done if it's becoming an addiction.

The whole reason to make an account is to post. If a user really wanted to get things done IRL they would take further measures such as using a website blocker. But that should only be done if it's becoming an addiction.

I still don't understand. Yeah, you make an account to post, but if you wanna stop posting for a while, or even forever, you don't need to be banned do you? Just don't come by for a while, or ever again. Through the power of your own ability to stop visiting the forums.

Unless the only reason anyone asks to be banned is because they don't have this power, and they have an addiction? Website blockers, bannings, these are for the people who need outside help to keep them away from the site?