Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Why do normies think motivation is an everlasting resource that can be produced out of nothing?

• Thread starter Jeffery Epstein
  • Start date
Jeffery Epstein

Jeffery Epstein

Recruit
★★★★
I was talking to one about how I have given up because I have been grinding for over a decade, tried loads of methods and got nowhere, but he just tells me I have to keep going because I might succeed eventually.

But like I keep telling him, when you make an effort, you spend motivation. You don’t get more of it until the effort you made is rewarded. Eventually you run out and give up. Just like a car runs out of gas and stops. But I am expected to just keep running on fumes without guaranteed success. How am I supposed to find the incentive when all the methods are crapshoots?

BTW, this bluepilling loser have been working for like FIFTEEN YEARS to produce a music album and I have yet to even see a cover. And he works hard and constantly at it to. Dude's setting himself for a crushing disappointment when that ends in failure and will be begging for a noose.

Good question

They don’t believe in the first law of thermodynamics, and think energy can be generated from nothing as well.

But like I keep telling him, when you make an effort, you spend motivation. You don’t get more of it until the effort you made is rewarded. Eventually you run out and give up. Just like a car runs out of gas and stops. But I am expected to just keep running on fumes without guaranteed success. How am I supposed to find the incentive when all the methods are crapshoots?
It can take a long, long time to reach ultimate success - and it is hard. Did your attempts fail to get any small successes as well?
Have you been single-minded in your efforts or dealing with several problems at once?

Last edited:
A lot of it is just them throwing out whatever shit they can find that'll stick. Otherwise it's just retarded "self-improoving" grifters who've had basically 0 obstacles in their life and thus have had a practically infinite source of motivation from all their successes. Usually richfags who grew up that way. They literally can't understand the concept of constantly being pushed back and losing out. :feelsjuice:

I was talking to one about how I have given up because I have been grinding for over a decade, tried loads of methods and got nowhere, but he just tells me I have to keep going because I might succeed eventually.

BTW, this bluepilling loser have been working for like FIFTEEN YEARS to produce a music album and I have yet to even see a cover. And he works hard and constantly at it to. Dude's setting himself for a crushing disappointment when that ends in failure and will be begging for a noose.
It's not motivation, but DENIAL, that keeps your friend spinning the hamster wheel.

Very few people succeed in the music industry after 15 years of failure. Your friend is an statistic but accepting it is too painful.