Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Why do most religions seem to stigmatize sex?

Spectra

Spectra

Recruit
★★★
I grew up in Mexico, therefore in a catholicism influenced society. It always seems like sex was/is taboo and a lot of stigma around it. My view on world religions is firmly rooted in the fact that they were developed as a means to have some law and order within a society. Why is it then that sex/reproduction is made out to be such a big deal, a negative one at that? I have hypothesized that it may have been a population numbers control thing. Like don’t make more people than there are resources (food) for said people. What do you all think/know to shed light on this phenomena?

Religion supports sex only inside of marriage and having kids is a command. Imo that would bring more population. Too much freedom corrupts things, liberals say things like free open minded sex doesnt ruin anything but its wrong, it ruins the pair bonding and destroys the marriage institute and families. No one is crazy enough to have kids with someone who could leave him tomorrow for another with no strings attached. Have you noticed that rarely which couple has kids before 40 nowadays? Young families with many kids are rare even among ethnics.

I grew up in Mexico, therefore in a catholicism influenced society. It always seems like sex was/is taboo and a lot of stigma around it. My view on world religions is firmly rooted in the fact that they were developed as a means to have some law and order within a society. Why is it then that sex/reproduction is made out to be such a big deal, a negative one at that? I have hypothesized that it may have been a population numbers control thing. Like don’t make more people than there are resources (food) for said people. What do you all think/know to shed light on this phenomena?
Catholism drives people crazy. I know a story that some preachers fuck a ladyboy (I think it was one) until he unconscious and fuck hookers too in poland. they all took steroids or sexual enhancers. Its a whole christian problem that make people crazy.

Religion supports sex only inside of marriage and having kids is a command. Imo that would bring more population. Too much freedom corrupts things, liberals say things like free open minded sex doesnt ruin anything but its wrong, it ruins the pair bonding and destroys the marriage institute and families. No one is crazy enough to have kids with someone who could leave him tomorrow for another with no strings attached. Have you noticed that rarely which couple has kids before 40 nowadays? Young families with many kids are rare even among ethnics.

Sex is stigmatized Even without religion

It's an Abrahamic thing. Other religions do it for voluntary priestly classes but the masses are more open about sex.

Asceticism is supposed to lead to enlightenment by denying base urges.