Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why do/dont You play guitar?

P

PeruvianGuy

Banned
-
Ive been playing for half of my life nos)w. I can't imagine life without ir

Why do You (or dont) play guitar?

I'm playing a traditional instrumant named Baglama,never tried guitar

I can play piano

Incel instrument tbh

My old man has been playing for 30 years, if not more. It just naturally passed on to me when he got me my first when I was 11. 12 years later, I'm still playing, I've owned more guitars than fingers on my hands, and still love playing everyday (which I do usually play half-an-hour every day, or at least I try to!).

To speak to why? IDK, I guess it ran in the family. I'm not an artsy person. I have short stubby "workman's" fingers/hands instead of musician's fingers so I'm at a genetic disadvantage. I generally don't like loud noises due to some of my autism. Yet I've stuck with it. I think the reason I end up sticking with it is because I can see music as "numbers" and I kinda want to prove to people that music is math, not feeling. It's also something that I've invested so much time and effort and energy in now, it would shameful to quit... it's actually a real skill I have that I enjoy. I have played for people before (most being about 50) and it's too stressful IMO, but people enjoy it and think I'm "good" or whatever.

From an objective point, piano is way better. The skills are more transferable, the instrument is more universal, and it is far easier to learn music theory and related concepts. Guitar is terrible at naturally teaching these things.

I tried it but i don't play anymore.

My first motivation to play guitar was to impress girls as I thought they'd overlook my looks after they find what's more attractive, talents :bluepill::bluepill::bluepill:

I was obsessed with it for a period of time. Got bored of it after a while though.
I kinda forgot how to play it. Might try it again. Musical school killed my interest in music.

I would play an instrument but i dont want to disturb my neighbours

I would play an instrument but i dont want to disturb my neighbours
For guitars (specifically relating to this thread), there are a couple ways to keep quiet. You can just play acoustically/unamplified, though I wouldn't recommend this to a beginner. You can get a DI box and use amp sims on your PC... it outputs a fully simulated amp sound right through your headphones. There are great programs to use and they are 90% as good as real amps... they're perfect for quiet practice.

My old man has been playing for 30 years, if not more. It just naturally passed on to me when he got me my first when I was 11. 12 years later, I'm still playing, I've owned more guitars than fingers on my hands, and still love playing everyday (which I do usually play half-an-hour every day, or at least I try to!).

To speak to why? IDK, I guess it ran in the family. I'm not an artsy person. I have short stubby "workman's" fingers/hands instead of musician's fingers so I'm at a genetic disadvantage. I generally don't like loud noises due to some of my autism. Yet I've stuck with it. I think the reason I end up sticking with it is because I can see music as "numbers" and I kinda want to prove to people that music is math, not feeling. It's also something that I've invested so much time and effort and energy in now, it would shameful to quit... it's actually a real skill I have that I enjoy. I have played for people before (most being about 50) and it's too stressful IMO, but people enjoy it and think I'm "good" or whatever.

From an objective point, piano is way better. The skills are more transferable, the instrument is more universal, and it is far easier to learn music theory and related concepts. Guitar is terrible at naturally teaching these things.
Same here. Ive been listening ti him play Simce i have memory . The only good thing i learned from my alcoholic father

Incel tier musical instrument >
9d10c716fb1842ae9d409865ab25b34b

Yes I’ve been playing since 12 years old. Can play satch,SRV, Dream Theatre etc and sometimes write my own stuff + lyrics.

Nobody wants an autist in their band and thus I only play in my room alone.

Damn that's cool. I get What You mean, i really get mogged hard by my bnd (they're allá white) AND me I'm a filthy ethnic

Am I gay to play guitar?

Took some classes when I was at a young age. Now? I can't play at all, and I won't bother going on classes again. You can guess the reasons.

Yes I’ve been playing since 12 years old. Can play satch,SRV, Dream Theatre etc and sometimes write my own stuff + lyrics.

Nobody wants an autist in their band and thus I only play in my room alone.

lol

same

i was actually in a band and wrote all the music and basically did everything. then they kicked me out because they wanted to be "more popular"

and it fell apart because they were fucking normie idiots.

now I just sit and write music. maybe I should upload it and ascend as a niche celebrity

I'm too ugly and low IQ to play it

I used to have a guitar fetish, but when i hit my "plateau" i stopped. Around 18-19 i knew i was at the end of what little talent I had and stopped playing every day, now i only play a few times a month. Feel like squidward.

I tried it once, sucked at it and never went back. At least you have a good cope though

I don't play instrument because I don't have talent

Drums and piano are more fun.

started as a kid because of nirvana

Too retarded for that, got an electric guitar at the age of 16 because I really wanted it, played for 1 day and to this day it just stands here in my room
:feelstastyman::banhammer: