Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why do anime characters look white?

Anglo-Saxon

Anglo-Saxon

Recruit
★★★★★
They very often have white coloring (sometimes SJW coloring too) and caucasoid features if drawn realistically. Are the Japanese blackpilled?

Perceived beauty in Asian countries is that of fair skin. They don't appreciate brown or black skin.

A lot of anime characters are modeled after Germans. Just check out Fullmetal Alchemist. They depict themselves as ugly, for some reason.

A Good Friend said:
A lot of anime characters are modeled after Germans. Just check out Fullmetal Alchemist. They depict themselves as ugly, for some reason.

Why is that? From what I've seen of the anime, the characters aren't attractive. You'd think it would be the opposite like every other anime.

Kointo said:
Perceived beauty in Asian countries is that of fair skin. They don't appreciate brown or black skin.

That's true, I'm aware of working in the sun etc. is low class, but the facial features tend to be caucasoid and there's often blond and brown hair, as well as light eyes.

A Good Friend said:

Attack on Titan as well

Anglo-Saxon said:
That's true, I'm aware of working in the sun etc. is low class, but the facial features tend to be caucasoid and there's often blond and brown hair, as well as light eyes.

Because they need something to make characters stand out from one another with such simplistic facial designs.

And everyone with black hair and brown eyes would be visually boring to viewers.

Anglo-Saxon said:

Attack on Titan as well

Anime features aren't caucasian, if you look at Jpop singers they tend to have big eyes, silky smooth hair, fair skin and light hair. The reason why anime characters have light hair or eyes sometimes is to differentiate the characters as well as lighter hair colors being easier to draw/animate.

jagged0 said:
Anime features aren't caucasian, if you look at Jpop singers they tend to have big eyes and light hair. The reason why anime characters have light hair or eyes sometimes is to differentiate the characters as well as lighter hair colors being easier to draw/animate.

Ahh...I forgot the animation part as well.

jagged0 said:
Anime features aren't caucasian, if you look at Jpop singers they tend to have big eyes, silky smooth hair, fair skin and light hair. The reason why anime characters have light hair or eyes sometimes is to differentiate the characters as well as lighter hair colors being easier to draw/animate.

How are lighter colors easier to animate

Kointo said:
A Good Friend said:
Why is that? From what I've seen of the anime, the characters aren't attractive. You'd think it would be the opposite like every other anime.

In Brotherhood, they introduce characters from a place called Chin which is like the author's commentary on both China and Japan (mostly china, but there's jap elements). And without giving away too much, the fictional country Emestrus, where the story is set, is a stand in for early 20th century Germany.

I've rarely seen them depict themselves with respect with like Mio or Azusa.

0af2c064523f408a6088a554d52b8d71.jpg

Ling Yao, a Chin-ese (get it?) prince

Roy-Mustang-image-roy-mustang-36628191-701-395.jpg

Roy Mustang is a rare flattering depiction of a Japanese male

1420924-mio_akiyama_by_sagasshi.jpg

Mio Akiyama is a less-than accurate but typical Japanese female depiction

Anglo-Saxon said:
How are lighter colors easier to animate

So you can make the outlines of the hair stand out, maybe? I don't know much about animation so I might be wrong.

A Good Friend said:
In Brotherhood, they introduce characters from a place called Chin which is like the author's commentary on both China and Japan (mostly china, but there's jap elements). And without giving away too much, the fictional country Emestrus, where the story is set, is a stand in for early 20th century Germany.

I've rarely seen them depict themselves with respect with like Mio or Azusa.

0af2c064523f408a6088a554d52b8d71.jpg

Ling Yao, a Chin-ese (get it?) prince

Roy-Mustang-image-roy-mustang-36628191-701-395.jpg

Roy Mustang is a rare flattering depiction of a Japanese male

1420924-mio_akiyama_by_sagasshi.jpg

Mio Akiyama is a less-than accurate but typical Japanese female depiction

What the race of Yui and Ritsu since they have brown hair. Are they just Japanese, but not Japanese looks wise?

Kointo said:
What race is Yui and Ritsu since they have brown hair. Are they just Japanese, but not Japanese looks wise?

They're supposed to be ethnic Japanese, but they play fast and loose with the features, as usual. Mugi is implied to be like half-Finnish or something. I think /a/ could answer this better but they're total faggots as of late.

A Good Friend said:
They're supposed to be ethnic Japanese, but they play fast and loose with the features, as usual. Mugi is implied to be like half-Finnish or something. I think /a/ could answer this better but they're total faggots as of late.

They play fast and loose with the features? What do you mean by that?

Kointo said:
They play fast and loose with the features? What do you mean by that?

Calling an anglo-looking girl like Yui an ethnic Japanese

2a34d197fe592e29974cd8ee6baee2491c39f706_hq.gif

A Good Friend said:

2a34d197fe592e29974cd8ee6baee2491c39f706_hq.gif

Oh....I thought you meant "loose" as in the verb to loose. I understand now.

Because even Japs know nobody fucking finds Asians attractive.

They really should send the memo to r/Hapas and r/AsianMascunlity already. Its not "muh racism" that makes literally all females of all races avoid Asian males when possible.

Kointo said:
A Good Friend said:
Oh....I thought you meant "loose" as in the verb to loose. I understand now.

Do you mean "lose?" I'm not going grammar nazi, but I see "loose" as a stand-in for "lose" a lot lately. I thought it might be a meme.

TheIncelPill said:
Because even Japs know nobody fucking finds Asians attractive.
They really should send the memo to r/Hapas and r/AsianMascunlity already. Its not "muh racism" that makes literally all females of all races avoid Asian males when possible.

idk about males, but I've always found the women attractive. Even if it's the result of surgery or makeup.

A Good Friend said:
Do you mean "lose?" I'm not going grammar nazi, but I see "loose" as a stand-in for "lose" a lot lately. I thought it might be a meme.

Oh shit, my bad. I don't know why I made that mistake.

Kointo said:
A Good Friend said:
Oh shit, my bad. I don't know why I made that mistake.
It's been going around. My guess is they'll change the spelling.

A Good Friend said:
It's been going around. My guess is they'll change the spelling.

Hasn't this happened with other words, too? Some words have two different spellings now. I can't think of which ones on the top my head.

It's just the coloring.  Even then, you can't really say they have coloring like a white person because white people don't have green/blue/purple hair nor do they have golden/violet/red irises.

In terms of facial features, Japanese people more closely resemble anime characters than whites do.  Anime characters almost always have no brow ridge and have short broad faces.  Sounds more asian than white to me. Also anime characters have small noses, and it's very well known asians have smaller noses than whites.

19416-8vm6gd1eza.jpg

latest

I guess they want a variety of different looking characters.Since Asian people don't have that many obvious differences. Idk some of them look caucasian and some of them are clearly asian