Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why did I suddenly get acne?

NegroKing

NegroKing

Mobster
-
So since around 17 or 18, I stopped getting acne. My skin was clear. I ate junk food, washed my face with the same soap I used for my body, and dried my face with the same towel I use for my body and I only ever got acne if I shaved-but even then it was very mild. But about 8 months ago, I started getting acne on my forehead. I thought it was because I wore a hat, so I stopped wearing the hat but it stayed and started spreading to the rest of my face.

So I decided to use skin cleansers and moisturizers. I used a face soap, exfoliated, used antiobiotics, and a small towel specifically for my face. I stopped shaving too. It cleared up most of it but I'd still get zits and shit. Then afterwards, I tried to go cold Turkey-no moisturizer, no exfoliating, only soap. This did little to change the situation.

I came under the suspicion that this was happening due to eating too much whey protein(I gymcel and started eating several scoops a day roughly around the time I started getting bad acne). But I've stopped whey protein since at least two weeks and my acne has only gotten marginally better. I use vegan protein now.
Can someone help me? I don't want to be acnecel for the rest of my life.

consult a medic bro

how old r u to ask medical qs here

Don't worry too much about it. Sometimes you just break out. Happens to everyone. Even Chads. If it gets too serious and is lasting way too long (a year or two.) then you should go see a dermatologist. And plus nobody has acne for their whole life.

I usually only get the odd pimple if my diet is shit.

I have the same issue sometimes. Try not to use hot water ofn your face when you shower and finish with cold water to close your pores.