Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Why “coping” is seen as a bad thing?

Salustio

Salustio

I self identify as an ethnic
-
I know it’s a meme. But why is supposed to be a bad thing?

An incel should live a miserable life without copes?

We cope so we don’t rope. Simple as that.

People usually say it after you say something ridiculous and delusional. Like "I bet some girl in Japan would have sex with me" Cope.

Coping isn't bad, but non-realistic solutions are seen as cope, because they won't work but you hope and so hope is cope.

hobbies=good cope

delusion= bad cope

it's not a bad thing as long as you know that you're coping.
but when you're delusional people have the tendency to point it out

The word "cope" as used by incels has two different meanings:

1) ways to pass time and distract yourself from the fact you're an incel. Hobbies, ambitions, etc. That's "good cope".

2) deluding yourself. "Looks don't matter that much bro"; "women love bald men bro"; "once I have stable finances I'll marry a great girl bro". That's "bad cope".

Its not a bad thing

We should be trying to cope as much as possible

Cope isn't a bad thing, bringing cope in favor of actual argument in a discussion is a bad thing though.

"bEcAuse You aRe noT pRodUctIve "

it's the only argument they said all the time, and in fact it's probably true but for some person who don't have a lot of thing in life it's just platitude

The word "cope" as used by incels has two different meanings:

1) ways to pass time and distract yourself from the fact you're an incel. Hobbies, ambitions, etc. That's "good cope".

2) deluding yourself. "Looks don't matter that much bro"; "women love bald men bro"; "once I have stable finances I'll marry a great girl bro". That's "bad cope".
Mount Everest IQ

People mostly have problems with idiots running around screaming "Gymmaxx broo, nofap bro"

A cope a day, keeps the rope away

Coping is fine as long as you acknowledge it for what it is - a bandaid on an open wound, a salve applied to the festering abscess that is an incels existence.

People usually say it after you say something ridiculous and delusional. Like "I bet some girl in Japan would have sex with me" Cope.
Lol you really just did @Zesto like that? Brutal.

It's not, but it's taking away from the reason why we are here in the first place.

Every pleasure in life including sex is a cope until you die anyway

There are two kinds of copes.
Good copes, for an example, video games

Bad copes, for an example, being a delusional cuck

It’s not bad to cope. There is nothing wrong with trying to find a distraction to keep your mind away from bad thoughts. What is bad is when you cope in an unsafe way. Believing in things that aren’t true is a harmful way to cope.

For example reading a book to stop thinking of suicide isn’t a bad way to cope. Being a cuck or a beta expecting a relationship or some sort of reward will negate the affect which is a harmful way to cope.

because normies copy everything. Thats why.