Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Why cant I be assertive? What the fuck is wrong with me?

L

lost soul

Recruit
★★★★
One of the biggest character flaws that I see in myself is I am absolutely petrified of confrontation in real life. Its nearly impossible for me to rub against the grain and speak my mind and tell people "that is NOT ok" and to hold my boundaries down.
Why the actual fuck is this so difficult for me? Some people have literally no problem with it and just harrass and attack people and are aggressive and they just dont give a shit.

I have a few theories. I was taught as a child to be a goody little two shoes and to follow the rules "Yes sir" "yes ma'am." And for a long time I was basically the teachers pet. My teachers all loved me in school because I was basically the only kid in the entire middle school who DIDNT rebel. SO I got positive reinforcement from my teachers and my teachers were my friends. But girls basically completely ignored me.

Im starting to think that all those victorian rules of politeness and to be a gentleman were actually made to mediate the animal instincts of man and to try to create a civilized society. Since we dont have those ideals anymore we are reverting back to our animal instincts and our true tribal nature.

We need to bring back the Victorian rules of etiquette and politeness.

I was taught as a child to be a goody little two shoes and to follow the rules "Yes sir" "yes ma'am." And for a long time I was basically the teachers pet. My teachers all loved me in school because I was basically the only kid in the entire middle school who DIDNT rebel.
I would never teach my hypothetical kids to be obedient. Fuck obeying shit.

One of the biggest character flaws that I see in myself is I am absolutely petrified of confrontation in real life. Its nearly impossible for me to rub against the grain and speak my mind and tell people "that is NOT ok" and to hold my boundaries down.
Why the actual fuck is this so difficult for me? Some people have literally no problem with it and just harrass and attack people and are aggressive and they just dont give a shit.

I have a few theories. I was taught as a child to be a goody little two shoes and to follow the rules "Yes sir" "yes ma'am." And for a long time I was basically the teachers pet. My teachers all loved me in school because I was basically the only kid in the entire middle school who DIDNT rebel. SO I got positive reinforcement from my teachers and my teachers were my friends. But girls basically completely ignored me.

Im starting to think that all those victorian rules of politeness and to be a gentleman were actually made to mediate the animal instincts of man and to try to create a civilized society. Since we dont have those ideals anymore we are reverting back to our animal instincts and our true tribal nature.

We need to bring back the Victorian rules of etiquette and politeness.
It's possible to undo the obedience conditioning, but It would take time. Start breaking social norms