Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why are most indie games trash?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Your average indie game is an 8bit/16bit generic metroidvania that tries to appeal nostalgic millennials (omg look at these 80s and 90s references guys :soy::soy::soy::soy: ) or SJWs (you can be a non binary character and there's a dialogue option about trans rights :soy::soy::soy::soy: ). I'm not gonna pay 10$ for that sheit on Steam kek.

because they have low budget

What garbage have you been playing? I have never seen an indie metroidvania that has a dialogue option about trans stuff

budget and game engines matter.

What garbage have you been playing? I have never seen an indie metroidvania that has a dialogue option about trans stuff
Maybe not metroidvania but other genres like point and click, graphic adventure, dating simulator or RPG definitely yes.

Maybe not metroidvania but other genres like point and click, graphic adventure, dating simulator or RPG definitely yes.
What's your favorite genre of indie games? I'll recommend you games that aren't garbage

lack of creativity

Because you need lots of people and money to make a good video game.

Because most of them are mentally deranged trans

budget and game engines matter.
Also talent, most indie dev rely on hand holding from the engine.

Back in the 90 they coded in assembly, or as close as possible to the hardware to get the most out of it. But today even AAA devs became lazy with all the platform with similar specs and running the same engine they have it easy af.

Also the industry has become more and more greedy. 100$ per games, no innovative gameplay, they remake or remaster old games, which are cash cows, and often botched compared to the original.

I don't like most indie games, but there are some based ones out there.
Your average indie game is an 8bit/16bit generic metroidvania that tries to appeal nostalgic millennials
Man, I was asking for "newer style" retro games so bad before retro gaming stuff was even in style, like back in 2008-2009, when you were able to get shit like Mario on the NES for 50 cents. Now that retro gaming is a fad and all the millennials and all their friends who make $70k a year at their CS job are able to afford overpriced, graded retro console crap, it's so oversaturated to the point where I'm uninterested.

making a quality videogame nowadays is practically like making a film. to think that in the past, with a few beeps and pixelated graphics you could release a more or less decent game in the first half of the nineties. today all of that remains as a throwaway indie.