Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel Why are Lebanese men stereotyped as gay?

comradespiderman29

comradespiderman29

Luminary
★★★★★
Isreal is called the "Gayest country on the planet". So why do we get the stereotype?:feelsree:

Kill all Allans snackbars

I don't know. I've only met one Lebanese man and he had a wife, he was like 50+ years old though.

Kinda like slovenian/polish femboys, it's a meme

Only thing I know about Lebanon is how they despise Mia Khalifa for bringing disgrace to their nation

Only thing I know about Lebanon is how they despise Mia Khalifa for bringing disgrace to their nation
Correct. She should be stonned(in video game)

Kinda like slovenian/polish femboys, it's a meme
I have never even heard of polish people being stereotyped as such. I know about the gopniks, but that isn't even bad

I've never heard of this stereotype. WTF :feelshaha:

It's more 4chan/reddit meme
Yeah, I have already been called gay so many times on this forum, whenever, I say I'm from Lebanon. Even Normies think we are all gay.

Yeah, I have already been called gay so many times on this forum, whenever, I say I'm from Lebanon. Even Normies think we are all gay.
In past Lebanon was most liberal arab country, maybe that's why

In past Lebanon was most liberal arab country, maybe that's why
Yes, it still is. Maybe it's because, of the gay bars. And our accent/the way we talk. People in Beirut tend to mix french with Arabic, so it sounds gay.

I have never even heard of polish people being stereotyped as such. I know about the gopniks, but that isn't even bad
It's more 4chan/reddit meme
This is what comes up when I search "Average Polish man". Brutal

What I tend to see is that if your country has a stereotype of men being gay, it's usually because your country is either liberal, more prosperous than its neighbors, or both. Poland is one of the more prosperous post-Soviet countries, and it has a stereotype of its men being 'femboys.' Germany, in the 1980s-2000s, was pretty liberal (and still is) and had a strong economy, leading to the gay German stereotype of that time. Slovenia was one of the few Balkan countries not occupied by the Ottomans and was instead part of the prosperous Holy Roman Empire, and they've been stereotyped as gay since the days of Yugoslavia

What I tend to see is that if your country has a stereotype of men being gay, it's usually because your country is either liberal, more prosperous than its neighbors, or both. Poland is one of the more prosperous post-Soviet countries, and it has a stereotype of its men being 'femboys.' Germany, in the 1980s-2000s, was pretty liberal (and still is) and had a strong economy, leading to the gay German stereotype. Slovenia was one of the few Balkan countries not occupied by the Ottomans and was instead part of the prosperous Holy Roman Empire, and they've been stereotyped as gay since the days of Yugoslavia
I see. LEBANON was called the, 'Paris of the middle East' a few decades ago. Makes sense.