Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Why are codecels such big assholes? Wagies GTFIH

AsiaCel

AsiaCel

[AIDS] ACCELERATIONIST INCEL DEATH SQUAD
★★★★★
Why are codecels such autistic fucks? And I say that as an autistic codecel.

I ranted about my code being "bad" back then because of the visual studio analysis giving it a high complex rating. I understand, and that I these days I had improved the coding.

I need to rant regarding my work.

Example 1:

I used dictionary and tuple as a "hashset" object, which is, an item with same name can have its values added instead of being replaced.

He wasn't happy about that. I admit, dictionary of C# is fuckery, and you must 100% be sure that you have the data or the pointer error will fuck you up.

So I made use of C# LINQ, which is pretty similar to SQL code; he the complained my code not being "3D" enough because I grouped by user ID, then item type second; whatever the hell does that mean.

Example 2:

This stems from my latest "criticism" by him.

-complains of legacy code being left as comments
-muh formatting/spacing
-write long params description on functions or make new DTO (objects) instead of using tuples

Example 3:

Complaining me about minor things

For example

Var link = string.format("www.blah.com");
return link;

VS

return string.format(www.blah.com");
Funniest thing is he complains about I "copy code without understanding them" then in the same moment, says they I don't follow his standards....which one is right then???

Like, if my shit doesn't work or is otherwise slow/buggy, then feel free to toss your shit at me but at this point it's just perfectionism and borders on assholery. If you're so concerned about "fixing my code" why don't you ask me directly instead of spending "entire morning" doing it?

Moreover, my code was throughly tested, and is on-line with the speed of other code (even the guy approved); like there's only so many ways to grab something from a database (and that part is what consumes most time).

Most importantly my code works and the user is satisfied

Well okay we'll see about that. But to be honest, I'm sick of the complaining; I wrote code way worse than that in performance, readability, and safetyness (the chance to get a pointer error etc) and in the old job, the guy just kept using me to write his functions (he was fairly chill).

Last edited:
Are you talking about a coworker or someone on this website?

Are you talking about a coworker or someone on this website?
Co worker. Seems to be common with codecels tho. Lots of these types on websites like stack overflow (one of reasons chatgpt is getting so popular these days)

Co worker. Seems to be common with codecels tho. Lots of these types on websites like stack overflow (one of reasons chatgpt is getting so popular these days)
Yeah I don't know anything about that. I'd guess that these "codecels" haven't yet discovered the advantages of not be so autisticly critical.

Seems to be common with codecels tho.
There are lot of arrogant assholes in the programming community, because they're insecure and have low self-esteem. Now that it's a well-paying, white-collar job in soyciety, they have an over-inflated sense of self-importance and like to shit on anyone who they see as beneath them. It's the same mentality as the types of headcases you'd find in a League of Legends ranked game.

There are lot of arrogant assholes in the programming community, because they're insecure and have low self-esteem. Now that it's a well-paying, white-collar job in soyciety, they have an over-inflated sense of self-importance and like to shit on anyone who they see as beneath them. It's the same mentality as the types of headcases you'd find in a League of Legends ranked game.
Theyre no better than narcissists. JFL @ losers lashing out at other losers

Hello fellow codercel

Yeah I just pass everything now days idgf what is written there as long as it works I will pass it on code review.

The third example is valid I guess, also why do you use vars in a typed language, unless the type is dynamic. But again I would just keep this shit to myself idgf how you code stuff I pass everything almost. That guy sounds like an asshole

The last thing I would complain about is comments JFL

What the fuck does 3D mean, he is probably gonna make it worse JFL, in csharp that shit all gets optimized by the framework anyway, what the fuck is the point of making shit 3D and shti whateevr the fuck that means when it all gets translated into SQL by the framework anyway.

Hello fellow codercel

Yeah I just pass everything now days idgf what is written there as long as it works I will pass it on code review.

The third example is valid I guess, also why do you use vars in a typed language, unless the type is dynamic. But again I would just keep this shit to myself idgf how you code stuff I pass everything almost. That guy sounds like an asshole

What the fuck does 3D mean, he is probably gonna make it worse JFL, in csharp that shit all gets optimized by the framework anyway, what the fuck is the point of making shit 3D and shti whateevr the fuck that means when it all gets translated into SQL by the framework anyway.
I use vars because that is what they do. Another example of me following their "standard".

Hello fellow codercel

Anyway yeah. You're a good senior imo; I acknowledge I am not perfect, but the shit he's judging is like 5kbs (probably not even that) of extra data that would have no impact whatsoever on performance (all of that is complied into incomprehensible machine code anyway)

I use vars because that is what they do. Another example of me following their "standard".
I know the type of ppl you talk about I have some in my work too, when I first started one dude just straight up sat me down and told me my code is unacceptable JFL, fuck this ppl tbh, they think they are high and mighty, I couldn't give less of a fuck about this job I am quitting this shit anyway to go SEAmaxxing.

The way they speak and act is so fking annoying, they position themselves like people with authority that known it all, its fucking cancer, like dude its a fucking job, your life is not at stake, your life does not depend on this shit just do your job and fuck off stop fucking schizo obsessing over every little fucking thing, it does not matter if fucking code is written one way or another as long as it works and doesn't error out or is slow asf then just chillax dickheads.

Hate this fking people. Hope the AI will decimate coding jobs, hope AI ends this fucking cancer field.

I didn't even want to do coding I just got here by chance because I picked computing to play DOOM in class on LAN with other people in school JFL. Also its' pretty much the only autist friendly field I guess.

I know the type of ppl you talk about I have some in my work too, when I first started one dude just straight up sat me down and told me my code is unacceptable JFL, fuck this ppl tbh, they think they are high and mighty, I couldn't give less of a fuck about this job I am quitting this shit anyway to go SEAmaxxing.

The way they speak and act is so fking annoying, they position themselves like people with authority that known it all, its fucking cancer, like dude its a fucking job, your life is not at stake, your life does not depend on this shit just do your job and fuck off stop fucking schizo obsessing over every little fucking thing, it does not matter if fucking code is written one way or another as long as it works and doesn't error out or is slow asf then just chillax dickheads.

Hate this fking people. Hope the AI will decimate coding jobs, hope AI ends this fucking cancer field.

I didn't even want to do coding I just got here by chance because I picked computing to play DOOM in class on LAN with other people in school JFL. Also its' pretty much the only autist friendly field I guess.
The funniest thing is when you encounter an "my way or no way" absolute autist

Y'know, the type to downright not read your code at all. My first senior was like that, would scream all the times;

There was a function that only he had access to, which I was supposed to use; he screamed again so I just got creative and made a workaround and it works then he asked why I am going extra steps lol

You settle in the job, set up shit, work for a few months then your senior/manager/co worker reveals himself his true colors....

Either way I don't plan to stay there long; yes, you're right, I play games too jfl too bad their wifi is shit.

NEEERRRRRRDDDDD

I don't enjoy coding much because of how insanely high the standards are, not quality but putting out features. Only coding monkeys and scamfluencers can survive this competitive hell hole.

I don't enjoy coding much because of how insanely high the standards are, not quality but putting out features. Only coding monkeys and scamfluencers can survive this competitive hell hole.
You also have to deal with struckup seniors/managers.

You also have to deal with struckup seniors/managers.
Not a corporate guy, but I have heard stories. In those spaces, it seems it's more about office politics than actual work.