Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why are card punching foids from 60s considered programmers?

SmhChan

SmhChan

Commander
★★
Title. I read that foids were especially hired because it was considered a low-skill job. Any Burgercel care to elab?

Title. I read that foids were especially hired because it was considered a low-skill job. Any Burgercel care to elab?
punching foids was a job? :feelsahh::feelsahh::feelsahh:

I wish, mang. :feelsbadman:
But I'm talking about this.
Edit: Looks like they were called Data entry clerks. The programming community loves to call them programmers and exaggerate what they did.
its like calling konrad zuzes mom a coder cuz she let her son use the living room to build his computer ye

at the time there were no programmers like we know today, the IT-cels were all CS cels from university. At the time those foids were programmers, thing is the technology was such that even a low IQ gorilla could do the "programming" job because it wasnt coding like today

at the time there were no programmers like we know today, the IT-cels were all CS cels from university. At the time those foids were programmers, thing is the technology was such that even a low IQ gorilla could do the "programming" job because it wasnt coding like today
Yes, I mentioned it here myself. I'm definitely expecting male-bashing in the programming space in the near future with blatant lies like "foids used to program in binary" and shit.

its like calling konrad zuzes mom a coder cuz she let her son use the living room to build his computer ye
In Curryland, mothers are often in the news being credited for the success of their sons.

I wish, mang. :feelsbadman:
But I'm talking about this.
Edit: Looks like they were called Data entry clerks. The programming community loves to call them programmers and exaggerate what they did.
Yeah they were secretaries. They did nothing special whatsoever or anything that required much thought. It wasn't until later that "programming" like it was later understood started to develop (by men).

It's actually partially true, but not by much...

The punch cards were an early form of program storage. Basically they were just secretaries.
Yeah they were secretaries. They did nothing special whatsoever or anything that required much thought. It wasn't until later that "programming" like it was later understood started to develop (by men).