Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why a beard is very important

TrueGlassesCel

TrueGlassesCel

I'M SO SMART THAT I'M STUPID
★★★★★
The beard, like other secondary sexual characteristics, is the result of millions of years of human evolution and serves several biological and social purposes. Here are the main reasons why men grow beards:

1. Sexual Selection
One of the primary theories suggests that beards are a product of sexual selection. This means that women, throughout evolution, may have found men with beards more attractive, leading men with stronger facial hair to have more offspring. Beards are closely tied to male sex hormones (testosterone and dihydrotestosterone), and they may have been seen as a sign of masculinity and maturity.

In many cultures, a beard is considered a symbol of manhood, dominance, and social status. This gave men with facial hair potential advantages in both social and sexual competition.

2. Communication of Dominance and Strength
Beards may also play a role in visual communication, particularly in signaling dominance, aggression, or authority. In the animal kingdom, certain traits make creatures appear larger or more threatening. For humans, the beard may serve a similar function, enhancing the appearance of male strength or social standing. Studies have shown that men with beards are often perceived as more dominant or confident.

3. Cultural and Social Significance
In many cultures, beards have symbolic meaning. In some religions and societies, beards are seen as signs of wisdom, authority, piety, or even spiritual qualities. In contrast, other cultures or historical periods may have viewed beards as a sign of wildness or untidiness. These varying perceptions emphasize how the beard is shaped not only by biology but also by **social and cultural influences**.

4. Protection from Environmental Factors
Another evolutionary advantage of beards could be protection from environmental elements. A beard can shield the face from cold, wind, and even sunlight. In colder climates, it could provide warmth, while in warmer regions, it could protect the skin from direct sun exposure. However, this is considered a secondary benefit since the beard primarily evolved through sexual selection.

5. Signaling Maturity and Identity
Beards appear during puberty, signaling the end of adolescence and the onset of sexual maturity. In social groups, this could be an important cue, as men with beards are often perceived as older, more experienced, and mature. Thus, beards serve as a social and biological indicator of maturity.

6. Functionality and Evolution
While beards aren't a biological necessity, they may have been retained throughout evolution due to their functional advantages, such as protection and dominance signaling. Additionally, genetic variation plays a role, which is why not all men have thick facial hair.

Conclusion:
Beards are secondary sexual traits that evolved through sexual selection, influenced by social and cultural factors, and potentially provided protective functions. They signal masculinity, dominance, and maturity, offering important social and communicative advantages, even if they aren't essential for survival.

You have male gaze brainrot

@opioidcel can confirm that beard would be last chance for my underdeveloped jaw and chin

But I don't have much hope

is there a way for you to grow a beard, like anything u could eat or something?

Plus it makes throat slitting more difficult

Women don't give a shit about beards. Most of them prefer clean shaven faces anyway.

Idk why people assume that women like masculinity or masculine men. No the fuck they don't. They don't like balding, bald heads, beards, whatever. The only "masculine" traits they like are a decent amount of muscle, wide shoulders and height. That's about it. Apart from that their boyfriends can be metrosexual handbag carrying flaming homos.

it literally isnt most people with beard i see look like shit and would look better without one.

Is a competition of bones not of beards.

@opioidcel can confirm that beard would be last chance for my underdeveloped jaw and chin

But I don't have much hope
Have you ever considered minoxidil?

The beard, like other secondary sexual characteristics, is the result of millions of years of human evolution and serves several biological and social purposes. Here are the main reasons why men grow beards:

1. Sexual Selection
One of the primary theories suggests that beards are a product of sexual selection. This means that women, throughout evolution, may have found men with beards more attractive, leading men with stronger facial hair to have more offspring. Beards are closely tied to male sex hormones (testosterone and dihydrotestosterone), and they may have been seen as a sign of masculinity and maturity.

In many cultures, a beard is considered a symbol of manhood, dominance, and social status. This gave men with facial hair potential advantages in both social and sexual competition.

2. Communication of Dominance and Strength
Beards may also play a role in visual communication, particularly in signaling dominance, aggression, or authority. In the animal kingdom, certain traits make creatures appear larger or more threatening. For humans, the beard may serve a similar function, enhancing the appearance of male strength or social standing. Studies have shown that men with beards are often perceived as more dominant or confident.

3. Cultural and Social Significance
In many cultures, beards have symbolic meaning. In some religions and societies, beards are seen as signs of wisdom, authority, piety, or even spiritual qualities. In contrast, other cultures or historical periods may have viewed beards as a sign of wildness or untidiness. These varying perceptions emphasize how the beard is shaped not only by biology but also by **social and cultural influences**.

4. Protection from Environmental Factors
Another evolutionary advantage of beards could be protection from environmental elements. A beard can shield the face from cold, wind, and even sunlight. In colder climates, it could provide warmth, while in warmer regions, it could protect the skin from direct sun exposure. However, this is considered a secondary benefit since the beard primarily evolved through sexual selection.

5. Signaling Maturity and Identity
Beards appear during puberty, signaling the end of adolescence and the onset of sexual maturity. In social groups, this could be an important cue, as men with beards are often perceived as older, more experienced, and mature. Thus, beards serve as a social and biological indicator of maturity.

6. Functionality and Evolution
While beards aren't a biological necessity, they may have been retained throughout evolution due to their functional advantages, such as protection and dominance signaling. Additionally, genetic variation plays a role, which is why not all men have thick facial hair.

Conclusion:
Beards are secondary sexual traits that evolved through sexual selection, influenced by social and cultural factors, and potentially provided protective functions. They signal masculinity, dominance, and maturity, offering important social and communicative advantages, even if they aren't essential for survival.
Soy boys ruined the beard style, I grew one because I simply gave up

Mine grows slowly, I get beard mogged whenever I walk outside

Women don't give a shit about beards. Most of them prefer clean shaven faces anyway.

Idk why people assume that women like masculinity or masculine men. No the fuck they don't. They don't like balding, bald heads, beards, whatever. The only "masculine" traits they like are a decent amount of muscle, wide shoulders and height. That's about it. Apart from that their boyfriends can be metrosexual handbag carrying flaming homos.
cope. every chad I saw have a full beard but often shaved. women love this beards even if its shaved! for them its the masculine agressive man that they love. I often heard it from them "uhhh I like when his beard are a bit longer...". IF your really ugly not even a beard could help but a beard can improve you from a 3 to a 5.

You have male gaze brainrot
thats true. beards exist because women prefer men with beard, its sexual selection of men without beards! its like long beautiful feathers what male beards have to impress females.

No beard for your face.Maybe you can hide your shit jaw behind your beard but life is mainly about bones and then about hair

No beard for your face.Maybe you can hide your shit jaw behind your beard but life is mainly about bones and then about hair
cope. even darwin saw it, So why you think men get this stupid hair in their face? Right, its because their moms, grandmas, grand-grandmas choosed men with beard!

thats true. beards exist because women prefer men with beard, its sexual selection of men without beards! its like long beautiful feathers what male beards have to impress females.
Male gaze brainrot