Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL Who else learned about incels ‘cause of Joker?

Chudpreet

Chudpreet

Looks like my summer vacation is… over
★★★★★
A lot of you likely remember this but back in 2019 when Joker was playing in theaters, there were tons of fearmongering news articles and shit talking about “InCEL vIOLeNcE” :foidSoy: :foidSoy: :soy: :soy: and how armies of stinky inkies were gonna go James Holmes at screenings of the movie.

It was actually through this whole thing that I ended up learning of this community, since my feminist sister who read the dumb articles was talking to me and my mom one day about how “men who can’t get women”:foidSoy: and idolized Joker posed a societal threat in the movie’s wake, and particularly at showings of it in theaters.

My sister never actually used the word incel though, it was in early 2020 when I started seeing incel thrown around as a shameful insult on the normie internet that I google searched the term and realized I had found the community she was talking about all those months ago. At the time I was thinking to myself how pitiful these folks were, how I had to do everything in my power to not end up like them in my adulthood, etc.

Fast forward just 2 years and I take the blackpill and accept my inceldom, a year later I join this forum. More than 4 years since I’ve discovered inceldom and the BP now and I’m such an inkler even other stinklers on here tell me how miserable and self-hating I am. Just Fucking LOL at how things work :feelskek:

I found out from Elliot.

I don't even remember how I heard about incels the very first time

At the time I was thinking to myself how pitiful these folks were, how I had to do everything in my power to not end up like them
Jfl I was literally the exact same way.

Fun fact. When I first created this .is account I didn't consider myself incel (even tho I was jfl) and i just wanted to see what was posted here.

That's why I wasn't active at all in 2022

That was ages ago, it was just before covid.
Future still "looked" bright but I think it was already over.

I didn't hear anything about incels back then, I thought it was just going to be a regular batman movie.
Heard about the word incel on 4cucks in 2021 or 22 (holy fuck time flies looking back)

Learned from the Glink video in 2018.

I found out from Elliot.
I found out about Elliot in the mid to late 2010s through some “TOP 10 YOUTUBERS THAT BECAME KILLERS” video or something like that. I don’t believe the video in question mentioned incels, but they did talk about Elliot’s motive and I remember thinking to myself that if this guy couldn’t get a girlfriend, how screwed was I?

Of course, I coped my way out of it like a good goy and told myself the only reason he failed so miserably in the dating market was cause he was blonde party girl only, and that if he’d gone for his own race he could’ve gotten laid. Lol

Jfl I was literally the exact same way.

Fun fact. When I first created this .is account I didn't consider myself incel (even tho I was jfl) and i just wanted to see what was posted here.

That's why I wasn't active at all in 2022
I’d bet pretty much everyone here was a “virgin but not incel” coper at a point. I doubt any currently active user save for maybe a very small few were around back in the PUAhate days

I don't even remember how I heard about incels the very first time
You remember the rough timeframe when you first heard about the community?

You remember the rough timeframe when you first heard about the community?
I really got interested in the whole incel thing around March/April '20 but before that I must have heard the word two or three times without really knowing what it meant

I learned what incels were after being called one myself. This was probably all the way back in 2017 or 18

I learned what incels were after being called one myself. This was probably all the way back in 2017 or 18
How did you end up getting called one? Wasn’t the term rather niche back then?

I learned about incels when someone went ER in my city.

I don't remember when i first heard of the term. I found this forum off the incel wiki last year or two years ago and found out the blackpill at the same time then also

Me!

Back when the Batman was Adam West, the joker really blackpilled me hard!

A lot of you likely remember this but back in 2019 when Joker was playing in theaters, there were tons of fearmongering news articles and shit talking about “InCEL vIOLeNcE” :foidSoy: :foidSoy: :soy: :soy: and how armies of stinky inkies were gonna go James Holmes at screenings of the movie.

It was actually through this whole thing that I ended up learning of this community, since my feminist sister who read the dumb articles was talking to me and my mom one day about how “men who can’t get women”:foidSoy: and idolized Joker posed a societal threat in the movie’s wake, and particularly at showings of it in theaters.

My sister never actually used the word incel though, it was in early 2020 when I started seeing incel thrown around as a shameful insult on the normie internet that I google searched the term and realized I had found the community she was talking about all those months ago. At the time I was thinking to myself how pitiful these folks were, how I had to do everything in my power to not end up like them in my adulthood, etc.

Fast forward just 2 years and I take the blackpill and accept my inceldom, a year later I join this forum. More than 4 years since I’ve discovered inceldom and the BP now and I’m such an inkler even other stinklers on here tell me how miserable and self-hating I am. Just Fucking LOL at how things work :feelskek:
jfl ive first heard of inceldom from coffehouse crime ER LOL.

How did you end up getting called one? Wasn’t the term rather niche back then?
It was by a redditor on discord server after I made comments about how foids were ruining gaming and shouldn’t be on the internet. I was only like 13 and had zero concept of the blackpill

I found it on Reddit like 2015 or 2016, I realised these are my people

Probably a bit earlier, my introduction was in 2018.

I had just left school at the time and I remember when it had become the cultural zeitgeist at the time for various reasons.

I found it on Reddit like 2015 or 2016, I realised these are my people
Damn, you’ve really watched this community transform into what it is now. From its initial creeping into the mainstream all the way to it blowing up the way it did last year from the TikTok invasion.

Aside from you, AsiaCel, and that REEEEE guy, I wonder if there are still any active OGcels left

Probably a bit earlier, my introduction was in 2018.

I had just left school at the time and I remember when it had become the cultural zeitgeist at the time for various reasons.
You live in Canada? Given the year you mentioned, my guess is it probably became mainstream knowledge over there after AM did what he did

Cant remember when i foundout

You live in Canada? Given the year you mentioned, my guess is it probably became mainstream knowledge over there after AM did what he did
I don't live in Canada, but it was on the news at the time.

I didn't jump on this site until June 2021, with various accounts since then.

I think that the forst time I heard the term was in 2016 on 4chan with all the democrat shills that shat up the board. I must have googled the term and realized that hey, the definition fits me. Anyhow it took some years for this process to to happen and then here I was.... on .is

I knew incels existed but didn't care about it years ago, I just really wanted to improve my height, move on with life and stop caring about it. Because of this I spent so much time researching height lengthening surgeries during the final year of High School, I was researching surgeons, planning out how I'm going to make the money to afford it, which methods to use, location etc.

Naturally, this extensive research led me to the blackpill which was a niche back then, blackpill directed me to the incel group, then I realised I relate so much and it's more than height. I don't care about getting the surgery anymore after getting blackpilled, it won't fix much anyways since my face is 1/10.

This is water under the bridge, boyo.

Fuck man, that shit was already 5 years ago?! :worryfeels:

I think I was on one of the incel Reddits already by then. Don’t really remember tbh :feelsbadman:

But that’s an interesting story about how you found the community. It really is crazy how things work out. Does your sister ever talk about those things still, or have you had discussions with her about it?

Does your sister ever talk about those things still, or have you had discussions with her about it?
I cut her off all the way back in 2020. I can’t deal with her toxic feminism. She’s not even a radfem or something but like a literal 2016 Buzzfeed feminist.

If I were to describe the way she speaks and the shit she says you’d think I’m LARPing ‘cause that’s literally how much of a walking stereotype she is

I cut her off all the way back in 2020. I can’t deal with her toxic feminism. She’s not even a radfem or something but like a literal 2016 Buzzfeed feminist.

If I were to describe the way she speaks and the shit she says you’d think I’m LARPing ‘cause that’s literally how much of a walking stereotype she is
literal 2016 Buzzfeed feminist.
This is the fucking worst man.

Last edited:
Elliot Oliver Robertson "can't dodge the" Rodger

learned about it in 2017-2018, didn't accept the black pill until years later though.

Found braincels somehow in 2018 (probably 4ch?), soycoped with all kinds of slop during the pandemic, ended up blackpilled again after a few semesters of uni.

learned about it in 2017-2018, didn't accept the black pill until years later though.
Same but I also learned about it from reddit leftists complaining