Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Who else here is slow IRL?

Looksmaxxcel

Looksmaxxcel

Captain
I don't see myself as dumb or stupid. However, I'm noticeably slow to mentally process anything and take time to form thoughts on anything. This is exacerbated even more in social situations when I have to respond to what people are saying or when people are joking. I'll try and think of something funny to say, but then my mind goes completely blank even when I put in a ton of effort to think of something to make people laugh. I usually just end up looking like I'm out of it all the time and like a 'tard, it's horrible.

Why does it have to be this way? Why can't I be charismatic? Why must I be so damn slow to come up with a response to anything?

You slow because you have no friends and no social skil

Your mind goes blank in social situations? Is that why you think you're slow?

You slow because you have no friends and no social skil
I do have a couple friends but I spent my entire life friendless and rotting pretty much. All I ever did was look up academic stuff growing up, so I understand virtually zero pop-culture references.

I know how to talk to people, I just have nothing to say when around them. I can't relate to a single soul on this planet.

Your mind goes blank in social situations? Is that why you think you're slow?
No, whenever I try to think of something funny, my mind goes blank. I just sound like a cringy idiot if I try to be funny.

I'm slow as well. In social situations I usually say things of no importance or things that don't make much sense. I'm also slow at learning things. I am also just relatively slow at everything. Tortoise mode.

I'm slow as well. In social situations I usually say things of no importance or things that don't make much sense. I'm also slow at learning things. I am also just relatively slow at everything. Tortoise mode.
I hate this. I put so much effort into trying to say something to make people laugh and like me as a person, but it's impossible. Meanwhile people around me seem to do it in an instant with zero effort.

I'm also slow on some occasions. Stuff like pop culture, music, slang, etc.

I'm shit at tasks and working with people tbh but I'm high IQcel.

Yes. I'm slow and lazy.

You can be more witty than The Rock, but if you aren’t at least a 5 in looks, people won’t care.

Depression makes you slow and retarded.

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I am pretty slow when it comes to social interaction. I guess I just like to take my time, even though others seem to be running around like every minute is their last.

I think pretty fast tbh, but I'm not good in social situations neither. Maybe you should try to sleep more though.

Slow at adapting to human world

No, whenever I try to think of something funny, my mind goes blank. I just sound like a cringy idiot if I try to be funny.
Don't force it. Only try when you think of something funny, and appropriate if you're around normie cucks.

I’m slow and dopey as fuck. If I get forced into an impromptu conversation it’s a given I’ll find a way to butcher it completely

I'm the same. Stop trying. If something naturally pops into your head then say it, if you have to think about it, it's not going to be witty or charming.

I am really slow, it takes me legit a minute to process whatever Im told

same tbh. Im just a step above mentally retarded. I used to cope by thinking I was high iq jfl. Im pretty dumb + also lazy as fuck = recipe for disaster school-wise.

I have family over right now and I'd be surprised if I even spoke out 7 full sentences. It happens too fast! I need time to process what has just been said before I can make a comment about it or form an opinion, but other people just flab words out like they don't even fully understand what the other person has just said. And these people are all over 50 yeard old lol. Getting socialconversationmogged by elder people

Yep. I am just slow and lazy and lack any and all ambition and drive to do anything now.

yup thats me, takes me forever to think of what to say and on tests i was always one of the last students done, too many thoughts racing through my head

I'm slow because I'm dumb

I can't do basic arithmetic in situations outside of the comfort of my room with people depending on me to do it to count playing cards. Inside my room distractions have fried my brain. It's fucking over, I would have been left on a hill in more enlightened times.