Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Which game left the biggest legacy in gaming ?

RealSchizo

RealSchizo

Mentally illcel 3/10 manlet, eyecolor lotteryLoser
★★★★★
I'd go with Silent Hill 2. Perfect soundtrack and I have no idea how they managed to create such an ambient environment. Inspired many good horror games and left a lot of questions unanswared.

It is one of the few games that gets you invested in everything that is happening. How did Konami pull this off ? Shame that there is not a proper port on Steam for SH2 instead they're making a remake which hopefully is going to be good.

My laptop cannot run the remake obviously, but I'll watch walkthroughs on youtube.

It is one of the few games that deserves to be paid for. I would have definitely pre-ordered if my pc was decent. Well, I guess I saved myself some bucks.

@Stupid Clown thoughts ?

if by "legacy" you mean general influence, probably DOOM or Half-Life 2

I assume that by legacy you mean an undying reputation despite the games age as well as being influential.

Super Mario Bros 3

Doom

Half Life

Final Fantasy 7

Ocarina of Time

Halo Combat Evolved

I'd go with Silent Hill 2. Perfect soundtrack and I have no idea how they managed to create such an ambient environment. Inspired many good horror games and left a lot of questions unanswared.

It is one of the few games that gets you invested in everything that is happening. How did Konami pull this off ? Shame that there is not a proper port on Steam for SH2 instead they're making a remake which hopefully is going to be good.

My laptop cannot run the remake obviously, but I'll watch walkthroughs on youtube.

It is one of the few games that deserves to be paid for. I would have definitely pre-ordered if my pc was decent. Well, I guess I saved myself some bucks.
It's doom there so many can it run doom even doom enteral runs on switch and doom games are a good benchmark if your pc or laptop is trash

Depends on what you mean with "legacy"

History? Technology wise? Popularity ?

GTA 3 literally created the modern 3D open world formula.

Resident Evil 4 for the over the top view & shooting.