Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting When I was a teen I never got why people would engage in vices

T

Tenshi

Banned
-
alcoholism, drug addiction, prostitution, robbery etc ... My view of the world was so narrow that even living a prediction of my miserably future I still couldn't grasp the idea of engaging in self harming indulgences... I mean, why do something that make your life, theorically, even worse? Damn, kids are so stupid. They think life is such a simple thing, that everything will just come into play easily with time, everything will be fine, no chance of failure. 'Cause you are you, right? You're special, not like the others.

We never imagine ourselves like that crackhead in an alley or the poor bastard who threw himself from a bridge...

Yeah, I never got it either, and looked down on people who did it. Amazing how some things change with time.

I was naive at one point as well.

I respect the effort crackheads put into their addiction. Be that crackhead.

So far the divide between childhood and the present still continues to grow for me, at least in terms of the naivety you're describing. Tbh I hope it stops, I don't want to realize anything else.

Although I did at least understand why people killed themselves when I was young, as I've had suicidal thoughts since I was about 12.

All I know now is life sucks.

If alcohol didn't taste like shit, I'd probably be an alcoholic.

i always felt drawn to that lifestyle for some reason

The real kicker is that all the kids who went to parties and drank and did drugs and had sex turned out fine while the kids who didn’t do that shit or didn’t get invited to parties became outcasts and spiraled into inceldom

Same thing, nowadays I need at least one drink a week and need to get high on sleeping pills every night to feel relaxed and fall asleep.

I have two (2) vices.

They are bolted onto a big board. Then i use a c clamp to put them onto a table.

I use them when i need to shape metal with a file.

Same thing, nowadays I need at least one drink a week and need to get high on sleeping pills every night to feel relaxed and fall asleep.
I always get nightmares from sleeping pills.

We never imagine ourselves like that crackhead in an alley or the poor bastard who threw himself from a bridge...
I hate on alcoholics but tbh had me some wine past couple days to cope w/ m'hate

It's the social conditioning that we get as kids while our brains develop that gives us the protagonist syndrome. Takes time, maturity and pain to undo that.

I was so innocent until college. I was autistic and had the mental maturity of a 13 year old lol

I do get why people engage in vices, but I don't get why normal, happy, and rich people do.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back