Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory When doing constructive things doesn't seem to benefit your life... you stop doing them?

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★
This is what I've been finding with myself recently.

That if you try and try to do constructive things and it never seems to yield any meaningful results, eventually it becomes harder and harder to do them.

It's a logical conclusion for the subconscious to make I think. Why expend energy on things that don't yield results? Even just sitting around playing video games or getting lost in thought might ultimately yield better results than just repeating the same thing over and over again even though every time it doesn't improve your life and is probably unpleasant to do, too.

I just wondered if anyone else could relate to this.

I don't know what the solution is. I suppose it depends how much you rationally agree with your subconscious about its conclusion.

Only stop doing constructive things if you're 90 years old and found nothing that yields benefits. There must be something you can enjoy.

That if you try and try to do constructive things and it never seems to yield any meaningful results, eventually it becomes harder and harder to do them.

It's a logical conclusion for the subconscious to make I think. Why expend energy on things that don't yield results? Even just sitting around playing video games or getting lost in thought might ultimately yield better results than just repeating the same thing over and over again even though every time it doesn't improve your life and is probably unpleasant to do, too.

I don't know what the solution is. I suppose it depends how much you rationally agree with your subconscious about its conclusion.
this is the central tennant of why peopple LDAR
you have broken down the reasoning behind it
As an inkler the pay off for anything productive being recognized and rewarded externally by other humans is insanely bewilderingly low. The effort is not worth the output

This is why incels LDAR they have run it to its conclusion, there is no point in expending effort with literally zero chance of a crumb of a reward in the form of appreciation and recognition, which is the almost sole purpose of any activity.

Your premise about video games being productive is wrong, this is just coasting at 0.1% brain activity hence its LDAR, its just a product of getting absolutely no reward for the labour in productive fields. So incels just go straight to the least effort activities, internet browsing, vidya and copes that involves just passively watching a screen.

Huh, I've just realised something though. I do more when it's night.

I think that as I hide a lot from the world (bit of a hermit, etc), the darkness of night is basically something you can "hide" in.

Also for the most part I think I get hassled by people less at night. During the day people are so active which often translates to kind of obnoxious and loud, but at night they seem to keep to themselves more.

Other than people trying to rob you or whatever.

However, while my area is bad enough to have quite a few obnoxious people, I don't think it has many truly violent people or criminals. So the night just ends up quiet and I don't feel as watched by others!

@Simulacrasimulation Interesting post! What I meant about gaming though is that compared to doing "constructive" things that might yield no results and just make you feel unhappy, almost anything is better than that as long as it isn't overtly negative.

Last edited:

Dude whats the point of this question?

Obviously you doing stuff that is not for you. Example East Africans are good at running marathons whilst Afro Americans are good at sprinting and basketball but total crap at running marathons.

So do stuff that you are made for and stop doing "constructive" stuff just because you read somewhere on the internet that doing xyz is constructive. Better do stuff that makes you grow and develop as a person and leave the other stuff for those who it benefits.