Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

When did you realize mental illness isn’t real?

F

Fearend_Loathing

Recruit
★★
Aside from neurological issues or things like schizophrenia or autism, it is my opinion wether or not you’re ‘mentally ill’ is entirely dependent on the cultural values you were taught and brought up into.

I genuinely believe I am mentally ill on top of/in conjunction with being an incel, but I have always been able to articulate myself clearly and with honesty even under pressure, because of this, even some therapists I’ve been to have had a hard time pinning down my destructive behavior, because I don’t follow the public perception of the average mentally ill man, this has caused me to wonder if I even really am sick, or if I just have views/a lifestyle that grinds against the pressure of the system that I live under.

The day I realized there is no internal solution to an external problem

>mental illness isn't real
>'I genuinely believe I am mentally ill'

make up your mind, GrAY

the only real mental illness is having a postcount below 500

>mental illness isn't real
>'I genuinely believe I am mentally ill'

make up your mind, GrAY
“I believe I am mentally ill”=my personality and thought process is unconventional

“Mental illness isn’t real” = the mainstream image of mental illness has been fabricated by big companies to make money off people.

Aside from neurological issues or things like schizophrenia or autism
yes probably.
Psys are mostly foids. It should be a good indacator that this is bullshit. Most of their "studies are non-replicable". Most of their activities consist of reformulating what u said and add "so how do u feel about it?". The first AI was basic as fuck and was unsurprisngly imitating a psy.

“I believe I am mentally ill”=my personality and thought process is unconventional

“Mental illness isn’t real” = the mainstream image of mental illness has been fabricated by big companies to make money off people.
ok so then you believe that mental illness is real but is misrepresented

that's not an uncommon belief

There are two things called "mental illness".

First there are neurological conditions such as schizophrenia, autism, crippling depression, psychopathy etc.

Second there is the individual maladjustment to social norms, such as inceldom, shyness, not being really happy to be a wageslave, being extraverted while ugly, suffering a feeling of lovelessness, etc.

Schizos, autists, etc. are socially maladjusted.

But not all maladjusted individuals have a neurological condition. Sometimes they were just not equipped by their nature to succeed in this kind of society.

A prime example is ADHD. Some people can easily concentrate for 10 hours straight on a job, task etc. Our society today has mostly occupations that are like that, starting with school. Some societies, such as hunter-gatherers, have a more diverse set of activities to that may be well-suited for people with shorter attention spans.

The scarcity of such occupations in an industrial society does not constitute a disease in the minds of people with such talents.

In a Marxist-Rodgerist society, for instance, sex-having normies would seem terribly maladjusted and promptly sent to rehabilitation facilities by the I.N.C.E.L. Anti-Normie Terror Squad (A.N.TS.) and medicated to cope better with the fact that they don't live in a world that is a feast of mogging and sexually explicit taunting anymore.

Last edited: