Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious When did society say that you should never hit a woman?

E

Edmund_Kemper

Disregard my larping efforts. I can’t change it.
-
What time period did that become a strict rule from society?

after women got rights

Anyone have any research papers?

it was tolerated but never encouraged.
it stopped being tolerated after the rise of feminism, so i would say that between 1960/70 hitting women started to be seen as a big issue.

it stopped being tolerated after the rise of feminism, so i would say that between 1960/70 hitting women started to be seen as a big issue.
I bet if I hit a woman in the 50s, it would’ve gotten me in trouble tbh

I bet if I hit a woman in the 50s, it would’ve gotten me in trouble tbh
beating random women was never allowed.
I was talking about hitting your hypotetical wife.(domestic violence)

beating random women was never allowed.
I was talking about hitting your hypotetical wife.(domestic violence)
Yeah but I don’t think people always were ultra strict about it like nowadays

unreal absurd

you can hit any woman if you have 99th percentile skeletal volume

Idk but if anyone hits me I’m busting their dome lol

Idk but if anyone hits me I’m busting their dome lol
If a woman hassles you and bullies you, punching them is justified and they’d deserve it

If a woman hassles you and bullies you, punching them is justified and they’d deserve it
I did that in middle school n got jumped by some lesbian but it was worth fighting her fuck that bitch

Yea she was taller and weighed more than me at the time so ngl she beat my ass
And she attacked you because you punched a foid?

And she attacked you because you punched a foid?
Nah it’s cuz I tried to ask out one of her friends but when the lesbian attacked me I fought back

Nah it’s cuz I tried to ask out one of her friends but when the lesbian attacked me I fought back
Any other foids you fought back then?

Since the days of chivalry. For as long as women were seen as fair and dainty, and men were seen as oafish brutes.

Women used to get burned alive between 15th-18th centuries. Now everything is cucked.

I thought mid-late 1800s

No no, before then. Since the days of knights. We only burned witches because witches subverted traditional femininity. Good women you should not hit. But a witch perverts that which makes a woman unhittable.

No no, before then. Since the days of knights. We only burned witches because witches subverted traditional femininity. Good women you should not hit. But a witch perverts that which makes a woman unhittable.
This thread isn’t about witch burning though

Its never been okay. Even when women were property they still belonged to someone. As social animals we have always had some sort of rules governing the use of violence. Women are hilariously physically inferior so there have always been rules about hitting them.

I think hitting women for no reason was never encouraged. I believe in the 20's or 30's it was allowed for educational purposes, but randomly beating your wife wasn't okay and beating random foids also wasn't legal.
It really became not tolerated after second wave feminism.

Its never been okay. Even when women were property they still belonged to someone. As social animals we have always had some sort of rules governing the use of violence. Women are hilariously physically inferior so there have always been rules about hitting them.
I feel like society used to be less strict about it
I think hitting women for no reason was never encouraged. I believe in the 20's or 30's it was allowed for educational purposes, but randomly beating your wife wasn't okay and beating random foids also wasn't legal.
It really became not tolerated after second wave feminism.
Feminism..... grrrr

Rule of thumb an interesting read about the origins of the myth that men could beat their women as long as the object was no thicker than their thumbs
Overall it became frowned upon when abuse became a standard way to ask for divorce:
In 1878, the UK Matrimonial Causes Act made it possible for women in the UK to seek legal separation from an abusive husband. By the end of the 1870s, most courts in the United States had rejected a claimed right of husbands to physically discipline their wives

When it became gay

Rule of thumb an interesting read about the origins of the myth that men could beat their women as long as the object was no thicker than their thumbs
Overall it became frowned upon when abuse became a standard way to ask for divorce:
In 1878, the UK Matrimonial Causes Act made it possible for women in the UK to seek legal separation from an abusive husband. By the end of the 1870s, most courts in the United States had rejected a claimed right of husbands to physically discipline their wives
what do they mean by "object no thicker than their thumbs"?

what do they mean by "object no thicker than their thumbs"?
back of wooden spoon, a ruler, a stick I guess?
You can hit them with something as long as its no thicker than their thumb

back of wooden spoon, a ruler, a stick I guess?
You can hit them with something as long as its no thicker than their thumb
no thicker than the men's thumb?

didn't wife-beating start becoming illegal in mid-late 1800s?
1878 in the UK yeah

Different for each country, think its technically not illegal in a lot of countries but still prosecutable as gbh or something similar

1878 in the UK yeah

Different for each country, think its technically not illegal in a lot of countries but still prosecutable as gbh or something similar
in america it began in one state in 1850 i think