Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What's your thought on triangular theory of love?

• Thread starter Monk of Failure
  • Start date
M

Monk of Failure

Runaway Azkabanian.
-
The triangular theory of love developed by Robert Sternberg is a theory of love that talks of three components of love in interpersonal relationship as follows-

Passion: It is associated with physical arousal or emotional stimulation.

• Intimacy: It is described as the feelings of closeness and attachment to one another which tends to strengthen the bond shared by those two individuals.

• Commitment: It involves a conscious decision to stick with one another and the decision to remain committed is mainly determined by the level of satisfaction that a person derives from the relationship.

Note: I am by no mean promoting any bluepill shit by this post but merely asking fellow incels' opinions on it for discussion.

Love for sub 6 doesnt exist.

Love is caring about someone more or as much as yourself, simple. I love my family, I love my friends.. but a female will never love me because they will never even care about me half as much of themselves

I think you can only really reach the further stages of intimacy and commitment if you don't have passion.

It's real but the 3 points only apply for good looking males

Passion is necessary in romantic relationship otherwise the relationship would be hallow and bound to fall apart.
Eh, that's true, but if there's no passion then the relationship won't start in the first place. Even if passion dissipates over time, as it does for many married couples, they've still built up the intimacy, connection, convenience and become connected financially and socially. So they still have those things to sustain their relationship, while an early relationship relies primarily on passion

To put it simply: for Chad only.

In other words, it's over if you're not physically attractive to even one woman. You can't build passion

Eh, that's true, but if there's no passion then the relationship won't start in the first place. Even if passion dissipates over time, as it does for many married couples, they've still built up the intimacy, connection, convenience and become connected financially and socially. So they still have those things to sustain their relationship, while an early relationship relies primarily on passion
You're right. Unfortunately, in the western society, people are still obsessed with the passion, as you probably heard many people saying the spark is gone or they want the spark back, and as a result, we see high divorce rate. If they give priority to intimacy over passion after marriage, divorce rate can get lower and we can see stable relationship.

Last edited:
You're right. Unfortunately, in the western society, people are still obsessed with the passion, as you probably heard many people saying the spark is gone or they want the spark back, and as a result, we see high divorce rate. If they give priority to intimacy over passion after marriage, divorce rate can get lower and we can see stable relationship.
Yeah, especially the financial bonds and stuff, and women being encouraged to just leave "because they feel like it" and there are relatively few repurcussions. People will chase the spark to the end of their days.

To put it simply: for Chad only.
In other words, it's over if you're not physically attractive to even one woman. You can't build passion
Yes. Majority of married foids in this world are in loveless relationships. Poor guys think their foids are with them for love.
Yeah, especially the financial bonds and stuff, and women being encouraged to just leave "because they feel like it" and there are relatively few repurcussions. People will chase the spark to the end of their days.
Arranged marriages are more successful than love marriages because they more give priority to intimacy and commitment, regardless of whether they develop passion or not, that leads to long stable relationship.

Last edited:
Love is retarded.. humans lack capacity for that emotion due to their selfishness. "Love" is for cucks that delude themselves into thinking that a Unicorn is just around the corner.

jfl at believing in love at 2019.

Chads have trademarked this “love” thing

Triangular theory of love

Frame

It is associated with physical arousal or emotional stimulation for the female.

Height
It is associated with physical arousal or emotional stimulation for the female.

Face
It is associated with physical arousal or emotional stimulation for the female and the decision to remain committed is mainly determined by face.

Linear theory of love

Chad
It is associated with lifelong commitment, intimacy, and passion with all females it encounters.

The End

Love is caring about someone more or as much as yourself, simple. I love my family, I love my friends.. but a female will never love me because they will never even care about me half as much of themselves