Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media What's your favorite classical music piece?

Both of these pieces are quite similar in structure actually. IIRC Chopin actually took inspiration from Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata while composing Fantaisie Impromptu. As for the structure both the pieces are written in the same key (C#m). Both start out in C#m but then switch to the parallel major (DbM) in the middle part and then return to the home key. Another simililarity would be the legato slurs in the left hand.

If you like this then I’d suggest you the Pathetique, Waldstein and Hammerklavier Sonatas by Beethoven. For Chopin, you could try Scherzo 1 or his Ballades.

I don’t have a single favourite piece. I have a list of works that I like the most for every composer that I listen to on a regular basis

Last edited:
Both of these pieces are quite similar in structure actually. IIRC Chopin actually took inspiration from Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata while composing Fantaisie Impromptu.
Thanks for the info, that explains why I particularly like both of them.

If you like this then I’d suggest you the Pathetique, Waldstein and Hammerklavier Sonatas by Beethoven. For Chopin, you could try Scherzo 1 or his Ballades
Thanks for the suggestions! What's your favorite one?

May be adagio from albinoni or something from rachmaninoff, even though my favorite composer is bach.

Thanks for the info, that explains why I particularly like both of them.

If you have knowledge of music theory and some ear training you can appreciate this music on a much deeper, objective level. I know this because I used to play classical piano for a few years and although my ear sucks I can still appreciate some of the chord progressions and other tiny motifs in the music.
Among these I really like Hammerklavier and Ballade No. 4

If you have knowledge of music theory and some ear training you can appreciate this music on a much deeper, objective level. I know this because I used to play classical piano for a few years and although my ear sucks I can still appreciate some of the chord progressions and other tiny motifs in the music.
True. I remember only liking the Beatles, grunge and alt rock really as a teen, but after I studied some musical theory in my early 20s, I became able to appreciate many other musical genres.

My ear is not good either, I can't tell what note is being played for the life of me. I have some relative pitch though, so I can notice chord progressions as well to some extent just by hearing it.

True. I remember only liking the Beatles, grunge and alt rock really as a teen, but after I studied some musical theory in my early 20s, I became able to appreciate many other musical genres.

My ear is not good either, I can't tell what note is being played for the life of me. I have some relative pitch though, so I can notice chord progressions as well to some extent just by hearing it.
I can tell 70% of the time what note is being played when given a reference tone (C4). I hated interval training when I was younger lol

I dont know how its called

idk Johannes Brahms because he hates women (based)

listening to this rn

I never listened to western classical music, maybe I should.

That one that sounds like Count Dracula. Bach I think.

If you have knowledge of music theory and some ear training you can appreciate this music on a much deeper, objective level
Damn, I know nothing about music theory, enjoying classical tho. I recently bought a digital piano and will try to learn

Damn, I know nothing about music theory, enjoying classical tho. I recently bought a digital piano and will try to learn
You don’t need to know music theory to enjoy classical. Start watching TwoSetViolin on YT, they’re kinda cringe but a good place to learn about classical music after you know the basics. Theory will help you understand the music rather than just feeling it

Probably Fanfare for the Common Man by Aaron Copeland

You don’t need to know music theory to enjoy classical. Start watching TwoSetViolin on YT, they’re kinda cringe but a good place to learn about classical music after you know the basics. Theory will help you understand the music rather than just feeling it
I already watch them once in a while

It used to be Beethoven's seventh, especially the allegretto, but I think I've listened to it too much and now hearing it doesn't please me anymore.

It used to be Beethoven's seventh, especially the allegretto, but I think I've listened to it too much and now hearing it doesn't please me anymore.
I think the 4th movement (Allegro con brio?) is the best one in the 7th

I personally don't like mid-career Beethoven all that much. Bach, Schönberg, and Carlo Gesualdo have always been people I've ranked among the top three.

This piece is one of the most powerful imo:

View: https://youtu.be/OSm9LEYixvA

It’s played too fast. The organ sound should be allowed to resonate through the walls of the Church
I picked the first search result tbh ngl

I only really like music from the romantic, including beethoven

The Bach sounds better on a harpsichord

Oh ok. I like Rousseau and Xaver Varnus’s version

I agree, but then again I've always enjoyed Glenn Gould's Interpretations of Bach. He once had a piano specifically modified to articulate Bach's polyphonic nature which was built similarly to a Harpsichord, I think.

View: https://youtu.be/bP-te0P_rE8?t=615

Stravinsky - Petrushka

Fur Elise slowes

The only classical song I know is Ode to Joy