Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious What's wrong with saying "I was born in the wrong generation"?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22572
  • Start date
Deleted member 22572

Deleted member 22572

Banned
-
If u prefer the music culture clothing n everything whats wrong with saying it someone tell me

cause people think it's cringy to not like whatever NPC trend is popular at the moment

Its cringe
Why is it cringey? Seriously the only reason you think it’s “cringey” is because the internet taught you to think that. I wish I was a teen in the late 90s/early 2000s and honestly if someone wants to live in another country or wants to be taller or whatever why is wanting to live in a previous decade a bad thing? That’s normal.

also OP, I noticed how if you say the phrase “born in the wrong generation” online people will for some reason get furious with you and scream. That’s why that r/lewronggeneration subreddit exists which mocks people like me and I hate that sub more than IT because That sub and it’s supporters made me go through depression and shit.

The internet didn’t start hating those who claim to be born in the wrong generation until like 2011 or 2012 or 2013. Before the 2010s nobody online cared if you said you were born in the wrong generation. I saw forums back then

Why is it cringey? Seriously the only reason you think it’s “cringey” is because the internet taught you to think that. I wish I was a teen in the late 90s/early 2000s and honestly if someone wants to live in another country or wants to be taller or whatever why is wanting to live in a previous decade a bad thing? That’s normal.

also OP, I noticed how if you say the phrase “born in the wrong generation” online people will for some reason get furious with you and scream. That’s why that r/lewronggeneration subreddit exists which mocks people like me and I hate that sub more than IT because That sub and it’s supporters made me go through depression and shit.

The internet didn’t start hating those who claim to be born in the wrong generation until like 2011 or 2012 or 2013. Before the 2010s nobody online cared if you said you were born in the wrong generation. I saw forums back then
Its cringey because no one gives a fuck how old you are and how much you like old music.

Its cringey because no one gives a fuck how old you are and how much you like old music.
First of all, not everyone who claims to be born in the wrong generation types those comments on youtube. Secondly most people who type those comments are usually young people in their early teens who type it because they feel they don’t fit in and type it to feel less isolated by finding people their age online who are like them. It isn’t because they’re trying to “brag” about their taste. Third, if you don’t care what they say, why do people like you get so bothered by what they say? Fourth and last point I must make, if you were alive ten years ago you wouldn’t have cared if someone claimed to be born in the wrong generation

@ordinaryotaku thoughts?

Frankly I wish I got old and died before 2010s hit. Seeing humanity like this is painful

Frankly I wish I got old and died before 2010s hit. Seeing humanity like this is painful
It sucks I only got to experience life before the 2010s for a small amount of time (during my childhood and preteen years). I was born in 1997

First of all, not everyone who claims to be born in the wrong generation types those comments on youtube. Secondly most people who type those comments are usually young people in their early teens who type it because they feel they don’t fit in and type it to feel less isolated by finding people their age online who are like them. It isn’t because they’re trying to “brag” about their taste. Third, if you don’t care what they say, why do people like you get so bothered by what they say? Fourth and last point I must make, if you were alive ten years ago you wouldn’t have cared if someone claimed to be born in the wrong generation

@ordinaryotaku thoughts?
You’re preaching to the wrong quire bro. Why not say this to youtube commenters or redditors? You’re honestly pathetic.

It sucks I only got to experience life before the 2010s for a small amount of time (during my childhood and preteen years). I was born in 1997
94 here. I am just glad I got to consciously experience the 90s. When things were a lot less batshit insane

You’re preaching to the wrong quire bro. Why not say this to youtube commenters or redditors? You’re honestly pathetic.
I don’t see how wanting to live in another decade is so bad. Give me one reason why
94 here. I am just glad I got to consciously experience the 90s. When things were a lot less batshit insane
Even the early 2010s was normal compared to today. SJWs didn’t exist until like the mid 2010s

Nothing wrong with it. Normoids just think it’s cringe so it’s “ bad”

@ordinaryotaku thoughts?
My personal opinion is that saying that you were born in the wrong generation is definitely not cringe.

Sure it's cringe in the scenario that the person is saying it because they like a certain song, movie, etc. from a certain time period, but once you add it all up and make sense and do a little research of the time period you're talking about, you realize how objectively better people had it 20+ years ago compared to how shitty it is now.

Here are my justifications for having "borninthewronggenerationcel" in my bio:

The time I really wish I lived in was the mid 80s-early 90s as a teen. People had more freedom, there was better music, getting girls was easier, no "simple advanced" technology (I'm trying to reference things such as smartphones in this context), more interpersonal socialization and interaction, overall better vibes, vibrant architecture, beautiful cars, better games, pretty much no SJW bullshit, decent presidents, better economy, average person upholding basic moral values (despite the time period being somewhat degenerate, it's nowhere near as bad as it is now. It had a nice equilibrium), extreme social progressivism wasn't normalized, and that era of fashion was super cool IMHO.

I can narrow it down to specifics too unless I already did so.

I don't know why other incels even say this is cope because the vast majority of us would've ascended if we were in our 20s in any other place in time before 2007.

Last edited:
My personal opinion is that saying that you were born in the wrong generation is definitely not cringe.

Sure it's cringe in the scenario that the person is saying it because they like a certain song, movie, etc. from a certain time period, but once you add it all up and make sense and do a little research of the time period you're talking about, you realize how objectively better people had it 20+ years ago compared to how shitty it is now.

Here are my justifications for having "borninthewronggenerationcel" in my bio:

The time I really wish I lived in was the mid 80s-early 90s as a teen. People had more freedom, there was better music, getting girls was easier, no "simple advanced" technology (I'm trying to reference things such as smartphones in this context), more interpersonal socialization and interaction, overall better vibes, vibrant architecture, beautiful cars, better games, pretty much no SJW bullshit, decent presidents, better economy, average person upholding basic moral values (despite the time period being somewhat degenerate, it's nowhere near as bad as it is now. It had a nice equilibrium), and that era of fashion was super cool IMHO.

I can narrow it down to specifics too unless I already did so.

I don't know why people even say this is cope because the vast majority of us would've ascended if we were in our 20s in any other place in time before 2007.
For some reason, saying you were born in the wrong generation these days online will the internet furious with you. Assholes like filthy frank made videos condemning people like you and I and then subreddits like r/lewronggeneration condemns guys like you and I. The online stigma against wrong generationers didn’t begin until about 2011 or 2012 and it got much worse in 2013/2014 and the stigma reached its peak in 2015-16. Before like 2011, nobody online cared if you claimed to be born in the wrong era

I wish I was a teen in the late 90s early 2000s because there weren’t SJWs, mainstream music was better, movies were better, sitcoms were still popular, fashion was better, etc

last normal functional couples that I've seen being formed in like, middleclass environments were around the late 90s, after that it was over

it's like 20XX is just cursed and pure unadulterated evil

now marriages are all betabucks shitshows where a 37 year old man with little sexual experience has finally amassed a large amount of wealth and marries a 37 year old whore or older in a giant money-burning wedding, or if a younger beta gets married he gets fucking destroyed by marrying a super ugly woman or a single mom

"wrong generation" types are also sheep but of a different breed

It's cringy because it's like saying you're not like one of the other girls.

Even if it's somehow true literally everyone says it about themselves
Oh so some people say it just so they can feel different from other NPCs?

I can see why that's cringe but there's no way you can tell if that's why and it's fucking stupid to care about what someone else says let alone to make a whole subreddit about it