Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion What's the difference between a crush and oneitis

DarthSpectra

DarthSpectra

Banned
-
Or are they pretty much the same thing

I think oneitis generally describes a deeper fixation on that one specific person; you believe that they're the one for you and focus on them above other foids. I've never had either in a serious way so it's hard to say.

Stopped reading at oneitis

I think oneitis generally describes a deeper fixation on that one specific person; you believe that they're the one for you and focus on them above other foids. I've never had either in a serious way so it's hard to say.
This. A crush is akin to a more child-like version of an oneitis. A crush is more fluid and likely to change to another foid after a time. An oneitis is something that happens to develop from a crush after a long period of time. An oneitis is also more likely to form if you happen to be platonic-ally close to the foid and become infatuated with not only her looks but her personality as well.

Or are they pretty much the same thing

Not the same. Oneitis is when your brain tells you that this foid is the right one for you to procreate with and spread your genetics.
An oneitis is also more likely to form if you happen to be platonic-ally close to the foid and become infatuated with not only her looks but her personality as well.

:soy: :soy: :soy: :soy:. Personality has little to do with it.

Pretty accurate. Oneitis is also a foid that you believe that you have a serious chance with. Most guys have a oneitis close to their looksmatch level.

a crush is just someone you like; oneitis is someone you're deeply personally attached to. there have been a few girls I've had 'crushes' on where I thought "man she's really cute" but they're not that big of a deal to me. meanwhile I've thought about my oneitis every single day for the past two years

a crush is just someone you like; oneitis is someone you're deeply personally attached to. there have been a few girls I've had 'crushes' on where I thought "man she's really cute" but they're not that big of a deal to me. meanwhile I've thought about my oneitis every single day for the past two years
Sounds brutal. Being around foids is bad enough, I can't imagine having one always on my mind.

both are cucked words

Not the same. Oneitis is when your brain tells you that this foid is the right one for you to procreate with and spread your genetics.

:soy: :soy: :soy: :soy:. Personality has little to do with it.
Sure, the personality of the foid in question is obviously barren and uninteresting as is the personality of all foids, but an incel who has an oneitis in the first place is arguably still blue-pilled to an extent. Their mind creates a great delusion of their oneitis in all aspects, including their personality which plays into their idea that their oneitis is somehow 'different' and more willing to give them a chance which of course is not the case

Sure, the personality of the foid in question is obviously barren and uninteresting as is the personality of all foids, but an incel who has an oneitis in the first place is arguably still blue-pilled to an extent. Their mind creates a great delusion of their oneitis in all aspects, including their personality which plays into their idea that their oneitis is somehow 'different' and more willing to give them a chance which of course is not the case
you don't need to believe that you have a chance with her in order to have a oneitis though. my oneitis literally hates me, I am under no delusions that I'll ever get with her

you don't need to believe that you have a chance with her in order to have a oneitis though. my oneitis literally hates me, I am under no delusions that I'll ever get with her
Fair point. I was perhaps projecting when I said that an oneitis might be more willing to give you a chance. In my blue-pilled days I did have an oneitis and there was no way she would go for me but when I became black-pilled I realized that thinking of her in the way that I did would only hurt me and intensify my feelings of inferiority.

You can have multiple crushes, but only one oneitis.

Fair point. I was perhaps projecting when I said that an oneitis might be more willing to give you a chance. In my blue-pilled days I did have an oneitis and there was no way she would go for me but when I became black-pilled I realized that thinking of her in the way that I did would only hurt me and intensify my feelings of inferiority.
yeah I still definitely have an idealized view of my oneitis so I know what you mean. sometimes when I hear other people talk about her it's almost like they're talking about a different person. I've heard a few other guys describe her as 'unattractive', 'masculine', 'weird', 'annoying' etc. but from my perspective she's literally the most gorgeous person of all time and every minor positive interaction I've had with her was a highlight of my life

I'm very aware of how unhealthy it is to adulate someone to that extent. it's actually a constant source of mental anguish for me, but it's not really something I have control over

yeah I still definitely have an idealized view of my oneitis so I know what you mean. sometimes when I hear other people talk about her it's almost like they're talking about a different person. I've heard a few other guys describe her as 'unattractive', 'masculine', 'weird', 'annoying' etc. but from my perspective she's literally the most gorgeous person of all time and every minor positive interaction I've had with her was a highlight of my life

I'm very aware of how unhealthy it is to adulate someone to that extent. it's actually a constant source of mental anguish for me, but it's not really something I have control over
My experiences with my former oneitis line up almost exactly the same as yours. I'd hear other guys say that she had an annoying voice, that she was "flat", too pale which was a strange complaint to me, but in general was not seen as the type of girl that the popular chads would go for. The complaints I'd hear of her were void to me and of course she had the 'shy' and 'not like the other girls' type of vibe which I find is a common trait of many oneitis's. Fantasying about her was also a great source of grief for me as well and it contributed greatly to my unproductive and defeatist attitude at the time. i eventually just convinced myself she wasn't any special from other foids out of necessity for my mental health.

This seems like the right answer

how the hell do incels even get oneitis,it means the fuckers talk to girls and formed some kind of a bond :feelsree:

My experiences with my former oneitis line up almost exactly the same as yours. I'd hear other guys say that she had an annoying voice, that she was "flat", too pale which was a strange complaint to me, but in general was not seen as the type of girl that the popular chads would go for. The complaints I'd hear of her were void to me and of course she had the 'shy' and 'not like the other girls' type of vibe which I find is a common trait of many oneitis's. Fantasying about her was also a great source of grief for me as well and it contributed greatly to my unproductive and defeatist attitude at the time. i eventually just convinced myself she wasn't any special from other foids out of necessity for my mental health.
our situations are eerily similar here. my oneitis is also pale, flat chested and 'shy'. imagine if we were actually talking about the same girl

our situations are eerily similar here. my oneitis is also pale, flat chested and 'shy'. imagine if we were actually talking about the same girl
That'd be quite the coincidence. It seems those kinds of women are more bound for attracting certain kinds of people.

how the hell do incels even get oneitis,it means the fuckers talk to girls and formed some kind of a bond :feelsree:
Nah, you can get onitis without evening having to talk to her.

ismt that a crush
I mean that you can become obsessed with a girl you have never talk to. A crush is just a girl you find cute and you might think about her here and there but oneitis is full blown addiction.