Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious What’s a good program for someone who hasn’t been to the gym in a while?

Deleted member 101

Deleted member 101

I just wanna be loved, but don’t think I’m worthy
-
Looking to get back into it after a month and a half. I relied too much on a personal trainer but since getting fired I can’t afford him so now it would be best to go on my own.

Problem is that I would have zero idea what to do if I went to a gym right now. I know how to do most of the workouts, know form, whatever. But I don’t know what I should do on what day, how many reps/sets, what weight to start at and how to know when it’s time to add more weight and how much more. Also don’t know how often to go. To I go 5 days? Three days? 7 days a week with no rest days?

I wanna lose weight and get a body I’m proud of. Idk if it’ll help me with women but at the very least I want to have something I can feel good about. Just need a program to use so I know what I’m doing. Like a 5x5 or some shit, idk. I’m just tired of being lazy and out of shape. I was doing so well at this point last month, lost 40 pounds. Then I just lost momentum, gained 20, and haven’t been able to find said momentum again.

I am also completely clueless when it comes to supplements/anything that should be consumed pre or post work out. I don’t know anything about that or protein powder or whatever. Steroids also both confuse and scare me.

Last edited:
Oh shit that’s a lot of different programs lol
Do I pick a beginner method? I’m not exactly a “beginner” but I’m also not a very advanced weight lifter.

Just pick a bunch of exercises for different muscles, do 3 or 4 sets of about 10-20 reps going to a higher weight each time.
I'm not some expert gymmaxxer but that's what I do.

Oh shit that’s a lot of different programs lol
Do I pick a beginner method? I’m not exactly a “beginner” but I’m also not a very advanced weight lifter.
If you don't know how to put your own program together, I'd guess you're a beginner, but if you want to be at least 90% sure, here are some strength standards that any non-beginner should meet:

1.2x bodyweight bench press for 1RM
1.5x bodyweight squat for 1RM
2x bodyweight deadlift for 1RM
8 consecutive pull-ups or chin-ups

Run is a good one to start

I recommend you start with something easy for a week to get in the habit of going to the gym, then start your actual weight routine.

My600LbLife.jpg

I had a roastie make my routine ngl