Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion What would you do if you were on the verge of death?

NorthernWind

NorthernWind

Paragon
★★★★★
I don't even know. Maybe I will go to Church, go for a walk in the town, try to clean up my room, write some poetry. I always wanted to be a man who is attractive to the opposite sex, not in the 'womanizer, ladies' man' sense but just to be attractive to a woman I like. But due to some things ( like Divine providence, Divine punishment or just cruelty of nature ) this never happened. So I will never experience carnal pleasures, I will never know how it's feels to be genuinely desired by someone.
PS. I'm not planning to die, just thinking.

Music is my go to cope for those times. Usually sad songs help

Imagine you can do whatever you want, because you will die anyway soon and don’t have to endure the consequences for long. It’s a piece of paradise on earth

Last edited:
I would start thinking about how a conversation with God would go like. How an infinite, omnipotent consciousness that willed all of creation into existence would interact with one of His creations that was capable of knowing about Him (but not truly knowing Him, because a finite mind cannot possibly know what it's like to be in the mind of infinite God). How could such communication even take place?

After trying to wrap my head around that, I'd think about the topics God and I would discuss. The introductory "small talk" would be why I was created and what my individual purpose was (just me, not humanity as a whole). After that's out of the way, I'd ask about the decision to create a universe the way we have it and the reasons for creating the laws and constants of the universe the way they are (like why four fundamental forces; why not three, or seven, or 15). Why create a universe where the conditions were set up for us to have this biological structure? Why not create a different kind of universe with different conditions that would result in a different kind of conscious life?

Then I'd ask about the decision to create beings with consciousness capable of comprehending so much that does not concern its immediate existence and survival, and the wisdom behind allowing free will when it risks so much destruction. This would diverge into topics of divine decree and morals, and how certain divine decisions are justified, given all of the known variables of creation at all possible times.

Then I'd ask about the nature of the soul and consciousness. The reason for creating us this way when we could have been created as automatons, blissfully unaware of reality, just following our programmed instincts to the letter, like every other living creature that we know of. I'd ask about the mechanics of the soul and how it functionally relates to consciousness.

I would ask God why create anything at all, why not just... Be. Infinitely just Be. God is infinite potential that is made manifest at will, so why will any of it into existence? Why instantiate reality at all?

Then after realizing that I may very well not learn the answers to any of these questions, partly due to the fact that some of answers may effectively be incomprehensible for a mortal, finite mind, I would be deeply saddened and wait for my heart to stop beating.

Last edited:
I would do nothing but reminisce about my past. Just think about everything that’s happened throughout my life and how it all resulted to this final moment.

Head on ovER to the nearest sorority house.

I've also thought about this

I imagine a scenario where a doctor tells me I have one month left to live

Then I think to myself, what would I do during my last 30 days left on this Earth?

Nothing I really can do accept be at peace with it

If I'm on the verge of death, probably die.
But I would try to crack a joke before I die, that's for sure.

Transfer my soul into a good guy doll

I'd curse foids with my dying breath and then let the void take me into blissful peace.