Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious What was life like for Russian's in Siberia during the USSR?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20790
  • Start date
Deleted member 20790

Deleted member 20790

I have no life
-
Being out in a rural and remote area away from all the big cities. Maybe in a small city/big village far in the east. Did the Goverment have a ton of power over them still or did they basically not bother with them because they really didn't matter anyway?

Being out in a rural and remote area away from all the big cities. Maybe in a small city/big village far in the east. Did the Goverment have a ton of power over them still or did they basically not bother with them because they really didn't matter anyway?
Soviet state was control freak, just because you live in middle of nowhere doesn't mean that state official wont be sent there to make sure everyone toes the party lines.

It depends. Being sent there to labor camps is not good, but the rest of it would be autonomous areas so nothing would change really. I mean it’s like if you lived in Greenland. If the nation goes communist or monarch it’s basically the same life for you

It depends. Being sent there to labor camps is not good, but the rest of it would be autonomous areas so nothing would change really. I mean it’s like if you lived in Greenland. If the nation goes communist or monarch it’s basically the same life for you
one would think but like Chechnya for example is a bunch of shitty mountains in the middle of nowhere and they had mass deportations and other serious stuff going on there

one would think but like Chechnya for example is a bunch of shitty mountains in the middle of nowhere and they had mass deportations and other serious stuff going on there
Chechnya had a population density and airable land. Siberia lacks both those things besides in very distinct areas that were under collectivization and shit. I mean what can be collectivized when there’s no crops and a few moose?

Chechnya had a population density and airable land. Siberia lacks both those things besides in very distinct areas that were under collectivization and shit. I mean what can be collectivized when there’s no crops and a few moose?
there are native siberian tribes which are like actual nomads and shit still and I remember reading about how the USSR had some program to integrate them in to industrial society and it has caused a big problem for their cultural identity because now a lot of the new generation either doesn’t know or can’t be bothered to do all the necessary shit to survive in Siberia

I think even those areas which are just Snow in siberia have enough significance that they send in some party official deputy guy to make sure everyone is being communist

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back