Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion What movies have you watched recently?

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
In the last month or so I've seen Unbreakable, Terminator 5 and 6, Star Trek Beyond and The Living Daylights.

You guys? :)

Halloween kills, Spider-Man No way home and SAW Spiral

Newest Spiderman (wanted to see what the 3 spidermans is about). First mcu film I've watched since the 2011 captain America.

I actually watched Monsters Inc about a week ago.

Newest spider man
dog
some anime movie i didnt finish because it had woke shit in it

the 9th gate with johnny depp (Chad) in it.

watched it with another cel

OG Blade runner, Spider-Man NWH, the Batman

1. We Couldn't Become Adults - Not bad, but was hard to watch due to mc kun being a complete and total chad. Skip.

2. My Teacher, My Obsession - Actually pretty good, because it is a perfect display of Dark Triad personality type in a teenage foid. Watch.

3. Sightless - Really didn't get anything from this movie. Men evil I guess? Just another foid propaganda film. Skip.

All the starwars movies except the sequels

In the last month or so I've seen Unbreakable, Terminator 5 and 6, Star Trek Beyond and The Living Daylights.

You guys? :)
Fantastic beasts and the secrets of dumbledore

Broken city
Captain America: The winter soldier
The maze runner

I think the last movie I watched was Johnny English.

One hour photo
Cast away

Saving private Ryan, hacksaw ridge, 1917, dunkirk, fury, platoon, letters from iwo Jima. The batman, wrong turn series

The new spider man, thats about it

The King of Comedy, 10 Cloverfield Lane, The Void, Hell or High Water and just today Against the Ice and The Gift again.

10 Cloverfield Lane - nice! I watched that and Cloverfield Paradox recently. I knew Paradox was supposed to be bad (and yeah it was pretty bad) but I just wanted to have seen the trilogy!

I watched Split tonight, which is the sequel to Unbreakable. Was good! I gave both 8/10.

Glass is the third movie in that trilogy so I'll probably watch that tomorrow night ^^

I enjoyed Cloverfield and John Goodman is relentlessly great in everything he is in, the only problem I have with the film was the ending and it should of just cut to black upon seeing the alien ship hovering across the field when Michelle makes her escape from the bunker, also if you like John's performance you should check out The Gambler, he is quite menacing as a loan shark.

I have watched Split and Glass, I prefer the former since Glass becomes a Marvel ensemble, that said I could easily watch it all again for McAvoy.

Today I may watch The House that Jack Built or Take Shelter, I have watched them many times and are perfect films, Both Matt Dillion and Michael Shannon are perfect in everything I have seen them in, more so Shannon than Dillion since I have watched more of his movies, for instance 99 homes is a little gem.

I just finished Glass. WEIRD ending yeah. Felt anticlimactic as they KEPT alluding to this really dramatic ending that never really came.

I feel like if they hadn't have done that and ideally also had set the final battle somewhere more interesting, it would have been a lot better. It just felt kind of bland to me.

That being said overall I did like the movie. I gave it 7/10 but it would have been an 8 if the ending was better.

I don't know what I'm going to watch next really. Better Call Saul is starting today so definitely that, and also Inside No. 9 soon. But in terms of movies... I dunno.

Also I just looked into those films you mentioned - Take Shelter sounds good! No spoilers please if you've seen it! hehe :)

If I remember correctly they were alluding to a giant battle that would show the world that individuals with extraordinary powers exist and so by showing the world it would effectively change the current paradigm in which the collective would have to adapt to this new information which would have huge consequences down the line and permanently changing their understanding of the world.

I have watched Breaking Bad and maybe season one of Better Call Saul, I could not really get into in so I stopped but I hear it has gotten much more interesting or maybe just more popular.

I advise you to watch Take Shelter, a great film and is up there with my top picks and without a doubt one of Shannon's best performances maybe coming in close the portrayal of Richard Kuklinski in The Ice Man.

Yeah then that battle never happened really, lol

And the battle we got was so bland! Oh well, overall I did like the film other than that :)

BCS picks up a lot yeah. It feels a lot more similar to BB as it progresses ^^

Take Shelter... I got halfway through but I couldn't get on with the frequent jump scares and the lack of awareness as to whether any given scene was a dream or not. I wasn't really feeling it and so stopped watching >.<

It wasn't awful or anything but just didn't seem like it was for me.

I haven't heard of The Ice Man :o

I like Shelter for the ambiguity and dream like state you're lead down with the protagonist, for the most part it is clear what is and is not a dream until the ending which turns out it could of been a premonition but given his family history of schizophrenia you're left undecided as to if the previous events happened or is going to happen, a storm is coming and it is like nothing you have ever seen and because of this people begin turning on each other and the animals go feral. Since you're not that into it I will tell you the ending.

They finally get to go on their vacation at the beach and when building sandcastles his daughter looks onward to the sea and looks at a giant storm cultivating, Curtis takes notice and then looks back at his wife to confirm if what he it witnessing is real and the look she reciprocates back is evidence that it is fact real and Curtis was in fact correct in his building of his storm shelter, in that moment he is absolved of all doubt.

Not sure if this ending would have just annoyed you more though, but I liked it. As for Better Call Saul I may restart it if it picks up and travels the same direction as Breaking Bad, right now I am watching Farscape, a comfy sci-fi show.

Oh I haven't seen Farscape - it's good? ^^

BCS is deffo entertaining to me atm but if I had to criticise it atm I'd say that often I don't find Saul and Kim's life super interesting. Often it kind of boils down to petty crime so it strikes me as a bit pointless.

I do like Saul's life on a macro level though like the story of how he ends up.

I also feel like Lalo Salamanca is becoming more ruthless for some reason and I'm not sure why. He's going through difficult times but it feels reckless to just respond to that with sudden ruthlessness that seems to be somewhat random. It seems out of character.

So there is this feeling of a lack of characters I can get behind, with this new season, so far. It's pretty much just Nacho, who is like the equivalent of Jesse.

With Take Shelter it's not that it annoyed me as such but was just a bit full-on I guess! I'm not so big on jump scares and so I couldn't just watch it casually and see how the story progressed.

I guess that was my biggest problem. If it didn't use jump scares so much I could have watched to the end.

It felt a bit like Night Terror Simulator, and I hate the idea of getting those!

You must be able to take more intense stuff than me!

That being said I love films like A Quiet Place. I saw the sequel too and think both are fantastic ^^

Farscape is very comfy and I like the use of their animatronics for the aliens that look less humanoid which is nice to see, for example if you watch Startrek you will see that most of the aliens are just humanoids or human-like with just a bit makeup on their faces to create visual distinctions but with Scape you feel more immersed in some kind of alien world just like the protagonist who is coming to terms with it, I am only on Season Two but I have watched the odd episode when I was younger when they played on tv, which could be said for the other sci-fi shows I now have, like Stargate, X files, I'll watch them all in chronological order in time.

I'll add BCS to my list then, In Breaking Bad one of my favourite characters was Gale so it would be interesting if they had his equivalent in the show.

I know about A Quiet Place but have not checked it out or it's sequel.

If you're more into shows I would suggest you check out True Detective Season One, it is my favourite show and Nothing Even Comes Close, and also the mini series Chernobyl. Some people have suggested MadMen and Sopranos, I have watched the latter but It just does not quite compare to TD and the cosmic mysticism and character duo of Rust and Marty.

Other than BCS is there any other shows you recommend, I have seen Ozark before you mention it, I like Bateman.

To be honest generally speaking I tend to be more about movies and games than shows. That being said there are a lot of great shows too but I'm just wary that many of them tend to drag out the story to increase the number of episodes, or unnecessarily extend the story for that reason. So that puts me off a bit.

Inside No. 9 is overall very good and the new season is starting today so I'm excited about that one! It's one of my favourites ^^

Actually yeah I agree that the aliens in Star Trek are a bit bland, oftentimes. Star Wars tends to go all-out a bit more! X-Files I've seen a bit of. I remember Stargate SG-1. Which one are you talking about? I read the plot of sg-1 on imdb just now and it did sound good ^^

I think A Quiet Place is best if you go in knowing as little about it as possible. I did that and WOW! That was such a great way to experience it! Especially as it starts revealing things about what it is very quickly.

Mad Men I thought was OK. It seemed a bit mean-spirited to that time period though, which I didn't like so much. Crime shows... hm. Usually I'm not so into them. I just BB and BCS are an exception because they're definitely quite unusual! I watched a bit of Life On Mars but when it started to become more like a regular crime show it started to become less my style.

Ex machina.I suggest you to watch it soon.

The Batman. And as expected I hated it so much.

I understand your hesitation concerning shows and their season length and it does play out way to much just to generate more profit and ultimately sacrificing art to the money god, it is soulless and irritating to say the least, however the two shows I mentioned TD and Chernobyl are like eight episodes and then concluded with, I like this format since you essentially get the budget and quality of a film opposed to that of stretched out budget for shows with eleven seasons and such, it feels like an eight hour film which is the perfect format for me since I love films but do not like over dragged and played out shows like we have mentioned so in this regard I think this is the perfect format.

I was referring to Stargate SG1 and the reason Star trek TNG has aliens like that is because of the time the show resides and the thin budget needing to be stretched out to cover an entire season, technology, animatronics and makeup has improved greatly and as a result became more cheaper and accessible. I remember watching TNG and I saw an alien that essentially just had duck tape and foil around his head and painted an odd colour to create a distinction to contrast with the crew, it was quite humorous. The problem with other sci-fi shows is they skip the diplomatic aspect of space travel and rules of various federations and just jump at the action with no thought, they may look more appealing in aesthetic and technique but always lack in diplomacy and well thought out writing.

I'll add A Quiet Place to my list.

I found that with Breaking Bad yeah that it felt like a really long movie! Amazing really that something like that can be achieved.

SG1 I'll look into. And oh I didn't realise that about TNG.

I just watched the first episode of the new season of Inside No. 9... hm. People are giving it good reviews so far. I gave it a 7/10. It was OK.

My favourite episodes of that show are tom and gerri, private view and how do you plead. Most people seem to say that the 12 days of christine is the best one. It was good for sure. It's an anthology show so the episodes are 100% standalone.

Hm. Now what am I going to watch for a week. lol.

The last stand at Virginia tech

The King of Staten Island.

I don't watch movies.

I do watch a lot of documentaries. I have noticed that I don't like fiction too much.

The sequels are ok and fun for the chaotic factor alone but his philosophy gets tipped on its head and I find it annoying but I can let it slip since I enjoy the absolute edge, they should make more films like this, they wont and only oddities will make them so it will be some time until it happens again. I find the bingo scene quite amusing.
Yeah I loved the bingo scene, I wish there were more movies like that too

Ur Mom & Me, trending on imdb

One hour photo
It's been years since I saw this but it was a standout. Robin Williams plays the archetypal outcast loner to perfection.

Is it just me or do far too many movies and series just look too perfect? The actors are all TOO good looking and the sets look too clean and polished.

I think this is a reason I like movies/shows that are either very well made so they look more realistic, or just a bit lower budget so they look more realistic just because they don't have the money to polish it up as much!

It breaks the immersion for me a lot when things just don't look real or believable.

I just watched the first episode of that new part of Ozark. I know it's strange to just watch a random episode as your first one but... hey it worked for me with Breaking Bad! lol

Yah... it's not for me, lol.

The only character that I didn't find insufferable was the villain! The dad was SO MEEK and the women were all really insufferable.

And the CONSTANT RAP MUSIC! It was a bit of a blast from the past in a way because I felt like I was watching MTV!

So yeah. And the lighting was so over-the-top. I love good lighting but it was just overdone.

I'll stop complaining now, lol. It was just... not my style. The vague storyline and acting were both fine I guess. So I'm sure I could think of things to compliment but my overall impression was just pretty negative.

I watched The Northman yesterday, it's straight up fire fr fr no cap.

The weird thing about woke movies is that... I can deal with it if it's otherwise a fairly enjoyable film, other than maybe really extreme things. Like Matrix Resurrections is kind of "soft woke" and I bought that on blu-ray!

So many films are so aggressive about it though - attacking white men, making the women perfect and yet really rude, and just generally being really mean-spirited. That is usually too much for me and I rarely get through a movie that has that kind of thing in it!