Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What most people (even on this site) don't understand is that when your life is broken in so many ways, it's hard to fix even the tiniest things.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
It wouldn't make sense for a person to simply wallow in misery for years and do nothing, not even trying to fix his problems at all.

Seeing someone complaining about the same shit over and over, about every aspect of their life, it really does seem stupid and even annoying that they don't try to fix at least some of the fixable issues. Maybe that's why I never complain or say what i feel to anyone irl and I just keep my mouth shut, even to the only 2 people that I ever talk to irl, my parents. So I just complain on this forum.

And yet it really is impossible for some people to fix even the tiniest things. I don't know, maybe muh crippling depreshun for more than a decade really did turn my brain into mush. But for so many years, since I was a kid even, all I've done is the choose the path of least resistance. I'd always do everything to maximize the time I could spend just rotting in my bed with a screen in front of me. This is who I am at the core, it's impossible for me to fix my problems cause I everything is such a huge drain on my energy, such a pain in the ass (and even pointless and uninteresting). If I'm not rotting in front of a screen with my mind vegetating, I get anxious, and it's been like this even before muh depression, even as a kid.

I know it seems easy to fix some problems, and logically they should be, but I just can't. The anxiety (and the urgent feeling to avoid and escape) is very crushing when I'm not just rotting in front of a screen doing the same mindless stuff over and over.

Damn, if I'm bitching this much now I can't even imagine how bad I'll feel when I'll have to wageslave. I'm already dreading it.

Well what can I say, but ye same. There is really something wrong in our heads.

Problem is when you are getting excluded there is little you can do,with very rare exceptions when someone is very talented or gifted at something people like(singing,sports)
Being excluded at early ages not only cripples you socially and mentally,It also ensures that this trend will continue, as when becky and jonh hear that chad and brad dont like you they *suddenly* realize they dont want to hang out with you anymore.
Whenever someone above you hints they dont want you around,the other sheep around them will comply.

Learned helplessness occurs when an individual continuously faces a negative, uncontrollable situation and stops trying to change their circumstances, even when they have the ability to do so

The problem is that last part and the hope in it's existence is the :bluepill: delivery method. I would really love there to be something I could actively do to "right the ship", but if there was such a thing, how come no one can answer it clearly? "Showers and haircuts" and the like are not strategies. These are just behaviors of conformity. In the 60's people would've been telling you to not cut your hair to get girls and be popular. Barbershops nearly went extinct it was so pervasive. 100 years ago men never left the house without a hat on. The advice would've been "just wear a stovepipe hat, bro".