Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What is your opinion on the theory of a glass of water?

Anarcho Nihilist

Anarcho Nihilist

Admiral
The theory of the "glass of water" belongs to Alexandra Kollontai: it was she who expressed the idea that getting into intimacy for a modern person should be as simple as drinking a glass of water.
Its meaning is simple: there is no love, and sex is the basic need of individuals. Therefore, satisfying your sexual needs that have arisen is the same as drinking a glass of water on a hot day to quench your thirst. With whom, when and how often it does not matter much – the main thing is no conventions.

Attachments

• 42oKbKB4UZY.jpg
    42oKbKB4UZY.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 8
  • i.jpeg
    i.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 8
Just learned about it now. I do not think it should be that easy. Marriage should be the convention. Young people should be getting married as early as possible to prevent fornication and that is how sexual needs should be met. This idea seems more in line with modern views of seeing sex as unimportant and rather leads to the rise of hookup culture. This idea just leads to more freedom for women and therefore a more hypergamous society.

Just learned about it now. I do not think it should be that easy. Marriage should be the convention. Young people should be getting married as early as possible to prevent fornication and that is how sexual needs should be met. This idea seems more in line with modern views of seeing sex as unimportant and rather leads to the rise of hookup culture. This idea just leads to more freedom for women and therefore a more hypergamous society.
Kolontai was one of the leaders of the Bolsheviks and a fanatical Communist. One of the reasons that she became a Bolshevik being an aristocrat was that the Russian Orthodox Church did not give her a divorce.

Soon such an opportunity presented itself. Alexandra fell in love with her distant relative, Vladimir Kollontai. The girl's parents were against this union, because the young man did not have a penny to his name: he had just graduated from the Military Engineering Academy. But Alexandra did not listen to her father and mother. She married Vladimir and took the surname Kollontai.Almost immediately, the couple had a baby boy, Mikhail. Endless household problems, cooking, cleaning, raising a son – this is not how Alexandra imagined family happiness.

"I wanted to be free. Small household and household chores filled the whole day, and I could no longer write novels and novels... As soon as my little son fell asleep, I went into the next room to pick up Lenin's book again," Kollontai wrote in her diary.

An unhappy marriage led to the fact that Alexandra began to cheat on her husband. And with his fellow officer Alexander Satkevich. However, she herself said that at that time she loved both Satkevich and Kollontai the same.

Sex is a need, and it should be easy to get as long as you aren’t some absolutely disgusting looking subhuman. This easy is a bit of a stretch though. I think it should be very easy to get a girlfriend though, and then sex should be a given

The glass is half full.
The glass is half empty.

The glass is too big.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back