Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment What is your level of motivation?

What is your level of motivation?

• Total voters
Mainländer

Mainländer

Songwritercel
★★★★★
Answer to the pool considering how you'd be if you didn't HAVE to do shit. Painfully pulling yourself through obligations and wageslaving doesn't count.

S-Level when thinking about life in Japan.

L-tier #4 , i don't try hard....

I'm a lvl 2 but I want to be a 4 tbh. Beyond that is coping.

lol @ Trump tier, nigga fucks around like a Chad.

Thinking back options 8 and 9 are pretty much joke options only since someone like that wouldn't be here.

I'd like to say 0, but at a certain point, after years of wishing you were dead, you just get accustomed to being dead inside. So it's more like a 1, just sitting around on a PC.

Like, today I had nothing to do. Couldn't find a good video game, no good movies etc... So in the back of my mind I was thinking "why not learn how to code or some shit", but I was too lazy to, despite having nothing to do.

Thinking back options 8 and 9 are pretty much joke options only since someone like that wouldn't be here.
Level 9 yes , but level 8 means you work or do too many stuff/copes to forget your situation. You never spent time complaining and do things for yourself and be active all day i guess.

When I was young I was always 7-8/10. Then the Blackpill hit me plus some health stuff and I rotted right down to 0-3. Somehow, I seem to be rebounding. I didn't even have time to come on in the past week I was doing so much programming stuff. Yesterday I didn't even eat. That was a 9/10 motivation day. I just had some turkey slices and protein shakes before bed (100+ grams protein). Works because I'm trying to cut body fat. Will probably do the same today. I'm back down to 28" pants from 32"-33".

Somehow I think there can be life after the blackpill. It's like you stop caring. Or maybe I'm just becoming less ugly through continual effort and that is fueling me. Either way it's a nice feeling.

When I was young I was always 7-8/10. Then the Blackpill hit me plus some health stuff and I rotted right down to 0-3. Somehow, I seem to be rebounding. I didn't even have time to come on in the past week I was doing so much programming stuff. Yesterday I didn't even eat. That was a 9/10 motivation day. I just had some turkey slices and protein shakes before bed (100+ grams protein). Works because I'm trying to cut body fat. Will probably do the same today. I'm back down to 28" pants from 32"-33".

Somehow I think there can be life after the blackpill. It's like you stop caring. Or maybe I'm just becoming less ugly through continual effort and that is fueling me. Either way it's a nice feeling.
Are you just trying to cut body fat or also looksmaxxing in other ways?

Also, how would you rate yourself? Can you visualize yourself becoming high enough in looks to ascend?

Slob tier. I start my day with lots of projects but end up arguing on incels.is.

I'm a simple man. I see "I want to die" - I click the check-box.

I have a ton of stuff I should be doing but just LDARing instead. Tons of exams next week I will likely fail

Slob tier. I start my day with lots of projects but end up arguing on incels.is.
I was like that earlier in this year, but upon my disillusion coming here I descended further to level 1. Some days even to level 0, but luckily back to 1 and mostly on 1 now.

I hope once back in Brazil I get to level 3 again, which is pretty much my default. Even as a NEET I always had a plan and was working somehow on it, like learning German in 2 years by myself, that was quite a feat for someone like me.

I was like that earlier in this year, but upon my disillusion coming here I descended further to level 1. Some days even to level 0, but luckily back to 1 and mostly on 1 now.

I hope once back in Brazil I get to level 3 again, which is pretty much my default. Even as a NEET I always had a plan and was working somehow on it, like learning German in 2 years by myself, that was quite a feat for someone like me.
Looking back on it, my slobishness dates back to my discovery of death and the absurdity of human life, not necessarily inceldom (though I guess a female partner and children can act as a potent motivator for young men).

Why do anything if you're gonna die? Why do anything when the whole human species is gonna die (heat death of the universe).

I have silenced these nihilistic feelings for most of my life, but they're still lurking somewhere behind the surface.

Death, to me, was a trauma in the sense it interrupted the feeling of natural progression in life; what is the point of a RPG quest like life if when you have won the game, you die and all memory of you is soon erased or irrelevant? Life is the most shitty game ever. The incentive system is fucked up. That's why religion has been so popular, it substitutes a better (although imaginary) incentive system.

Last edited:
0.5/10

it's over

my room looks like this

Chrome 2018 09 30 18 31 12

Looking back on it, my slobishness dates back to my discovery of death and the absurdity of human life, not necessarily inceldom (though I guess a female partner and children can act as a potent motivator for young men).

Why do anything if you're gonna die? Why do anything when the whole human species is gonna die (heat death of the universe).

I have silenced these nihilistic feelings for most of my life, but they're still lurking somewhere behind the surface.

Death, to me, was a trauma in the sense it interrupted the feeling of natural profession in life; what is the point of a RPG quest like life if when you have won the game, you die and all memory of you is soon erased or irrelevant?
The worst about pessimist/nihilistic/Gnostic thoughts is that all you can do is ignore them. If you tackle them, or try to talk about them with people, no one can refute them. Yesterday I was feeling especially down and had a conversation through Whatsapp audios with some friends from Brazil, after my part they'd just say something along these lines: "yeah, it's tough, but cheer up, have faith". Just platitudes, but I'm not mad at them, because there's not much more they can really say.

My problem is that I'm drawn to the truth like a magnet. I want the truth, even if it's obliterating. In fact, I crave it, and derive some pleasure in seeing normies being confronted with the tough reality that life is fucked up in many senses.

Most people either don't know those things or just sweep them under the rug and keep going on, I can't do that. I tried to be an optimistic Christian in 2014 and utterly failed, the absurd reality of life comes like a giant avalanche over any "happy obliviousness" I try to build. I can't look away. And I was naive to think that wouldn't have an effect on my mental health in the long run.

I remember one guy in a BR imageboard warning people to stay the fuck away from Gnosis, kek. Now I know why, it's simply crushing. You can't argue against food chains, death, suffering, impermanence, injustice, etc. The best you can do is ignore those things or hold to some extremely non-plausible worldview (such as Christians and their "fall" of humanity).

Last edited:
Hiki tier tbh I feel like shit most of the time

Normie tier, but would like 100% motivation

Q

Germany is shit for brazilians. We can't be used to robotic german personalities and way of life. Should've gone to Italy instead (really similar to us).

Q

Germany is shit for brazilians. We can't be used to robotic german personalities and way of life. Should've gone to Italy instead (really similar to us).
I don't have any relatives in Italy, I was only able to come here because my father lives here. I'm an airhead retarded manchild ex-NEET.

But you're right, I don't think I'd ever adapt here. German culture is extremely bizarre, robotic and different from BR culture. It's basically work and practical stuff all the time with some touches of extreme directness and some pauses for extremely silly humor. BR humor is astronomically superior to German humor.

It's ok, but when I go to finish something I can't move

I don't have any relatives in Italy, I was only able to come here because my father lives here. I'm an airhead retarded manchild ex-NEET.

But you're right, I don't think I'd ever adapt here. German culture is extremely bizarre, robotic and different from BR culture. It's basically work and practical stuff all the time with some touches of extreme directness and some pauses for extremely silly humor. BR humor is astronomically superior to German humor.

Germans are only good to to play android roles in Hollywood movies.

GTFO and find a way to moneymaxx. You know very well that in Brazil if you have money you have femoids no matter what.

The worst about pessimist/nihilistic/Gnostic thoughts is that all you can do is ignore them. If you tackle them, or try to talk about them with people, no one can refute them. Yesterday I was feeling especially down and had a conversation through Whatsapp audios with some friends from Brazil, after my part they'd just say something along these lines: "yeah, it's tough, but cheer up, have faith". Just platitudes, but I'm not mad at them, because there's not much more they can really say.
True, so far I have not seen any good refutation of philosophical pessimism / nihilism. The counter-arguments are essentially "life continues after death" (legacy, children, fatherland, immortal works of art, eternal soul), proving the point that death is a central problem.
My problem is that I'm drawn to the truth like a magnet. I want the truth, even if it's obliterating. In fact, I crave it, and derive some pleasure in seeing normies being confronted with the tough reality that life is fucked up in many senses.
I irrationally crave the truth too. As to taking pleasure in normies' philosophical and mental chaos, I used to do that in the past but learned humility: even with Swiss cheese for a mind, they completely mog philosophers when it comes to practical life and happiness.

Most people either don't know those things or just sweep them under the rug and keep going on, I can't do that. I tried to be an optimistic Christian in 2014 and utterly failed, the absurd reality of life comes like a giant avalanche over any "happy obliviousness" I try to build. I can't look away. And I was naive to think that wouldn't have an effect on my mental health in the long run.

I remember one guy in a BR imageboard warning people to stay the fuck away from Gnosis, kek. Now I know why, it's simply crushing. You can't argue against food chains, death, suffering, impermanence, injustice, etc. The best you can do is ignore those things or hold to some extremely non-plausible worldview (such as Christians and their "fall" of humanity).
I tried to be Christian too and mostly failed. I retain some fear of God's judgment, that's basically it. But overall, this religion is full of holes and logical problems to me. It also reads transparently like a cope, like soothing fiction written for the purpose of feeling good. This is something that French Enlightenment thinker Voltaire noticed and he makes fun of it in Candide, the story of a naive optimistic youth who tries to rationalize away the horrors of this planet.

Honestly, I think Christianity is pretty much dead at this point. The last few pockets of Christian resistance are going to be biologically overrun by Islam, or ideologically overrun by transhumanism, worship of artificial intelligence, and scientific immortality fantasies. The latter are already big competition to orthodox Christianity in Russia.

True, so far I have not seen any good refutation of philosophical pessimism / nihilism. The counter-arguments are essentially "life continues after death" (legacy, children, fatherland, immortal works of art, eternal soul), proving the point that death is a central problem.

I once hated seeing people disagreeing and trying to refute my worldviews. Then I matured intellectually, started to really want the truth and learned to accept critics to anything, even thoughts, ideas and concepts in which I was already heavily invested.

But now, I honestly WANT to see someone satisfactorily refute philosophical pessimism/nihilism. It would make me legitimately happy and give me lifefuel to go on. But so far, nothing.

I irrationally crave the truth too. As to taking pleasure in normies' philosophical and mental chaos, I used to do that in the past but learned humility: even with Swiss cheese for a mind, they completely mog philosophers when it comes to practical life and happiness.
If my time in Germany served any purpose, it was for me to see just HOW MUCH bad I'm at practical stuff and how unhappy I am. Living in a big city as NEET in Brazil I couldn't see the full extension of my failure at those things, but here, in a small German Dorf, working with practical stuff in a factory, it dawned on me and it's honestly scaring how much I lack on those things. That's what motivated me to do that "I'm retarded" thread.

As for humility, I guess I still have a big ego, even with my striving against it for some periods. I like to win and hate to lose, with everything really, even when I'm playing some retro vidya I frequently just close everything if I die in the game for example. That's why I stopped playing the life game pretty much.

I tried to be Christian too and mostly failed. I retain some fear of God's judgment, that's basically it. But overall, this religion is full of holes and logical problems to me. It also reads transparently like a cope, like soothing fiction written for the purpose of feeling good. This is something that French Enlightenment thinker Voltaire noticed and he makes fun of it in Candide, the story of a naive optimistic youth who tries to rationalize away the horrors of this planet.
That story seems really interesting, will look it up. Though I don't have the same literal voracity as your Post-TMS self, kek.

Honestly, I think Christianity is pretty much dead at this point. The last few pockets of Christian resistance are going to be biologically overrun by Islam, or ideologically overrun by transhumanism, worship of artificial intelligence, and scientific immortality fantasies. The latter are already big competition to orthodox Christianity in Russia.
I notice how all religions change with time, Christianity is being diluted in modernity. Catholicism for example is overlooking obvious sins more and more in favor of gathering more followers among the newer generations. And Protestants, at least in Brazil, are very strong in "the past is the past" conducts. You can basically do everything bad in the world and just repent and become even a pastor, kek.

I have no motivation at all. I sleep most of the time to escape the shitty reality

Germans are only good to to play android roles in Hollywood movies.

GTFO and find a way to moneymaxx. You know very well that in Brazil if you have money you have femoids no matter what.
I ran away from college for years but now I've seen that I don't really have another choice unless I want to rope, which I think I don't have what it takes to really do.

So yeah, back to college I go soon.

I once hated seeing people disagreeing and trying to refute my worldviews. Then I matured intellectually, started to really want the truth and learned to accept critics to anything, even thoughts, ideas and concepts in which I was already heavily invested.

But now, I honestly WANT to see someone satisfactorily refute philosophical pessimism/nihilism. It would make me legitimately happy and give me lifefuel to go on. But so far, nothing.
The only good refutations are religious (Christianity/Islam etc). I know several nihilists who jumped ship to religion in the past years. Good for them I guess, but I can't. I also think their attempt at self-persuasion will likely not succeed over time (it is easy to be a Mass-attending Christian for six months, very hard for all your life).

In France, there has been an enormous intellectual debate between atheist, nihilist and religious authors between ~~ 1760 and 1960. I don't know if you study this in Brazil, but France truly has been the epicenter of the "meaning of life" debate (so much that nihilistic writers like Houellebecq still manage to sell thousands of books today on this theme).

The result is that, while religious authors put up a very good fight (stronger than all the "new atheism" bullshit of today), they mostly failed to convince. France steered slowly towards atheism and nihilism despite their efforts.

The epitome of this is probably Maurice Sachs. This young atheist of Jewish origin tried to LARP as a Christian priest to give meaning to his life, but failed after a few months and was ultimately expelled from the seminary. This happened in the late 1920s, if I'm not mistaken. He later wrote nihilistic shit, did contraband during WW2, was a double agent who worked for the Gestapo, and ultimately died in custody after the Germans got tired of him.

After WW2, Jean-Paul Sartre (the leader of the atheistic current in philosophy) won and France steered even faster towards atheism/nihilism.

If you're interested, I could feed you some more details about which French authors to read, or which Wikipedia articles to read on all these matters. It's truly fascinating, and I'm glad to be French simply for this.

If my time in Germany served any purpose, it was for me to see just HOW MUCH bad I'm at practical stuff and how unhappy I am. Living in a big city as NEET in Brazil I couldn't see the full extension of my failure at those things, but here, in a small German Dorf, working with practical stuff in a factory, it dawned on me and it's honestly scaring how much I lack on those things. That's what motivated me to do that "I'm retarded" thread.
While much of this is probably linked to depression, I agree some persons are just not "handy". I'm such a case. It would also be a waste for you to work in a factory all your life when you have an almost perfect mastery of a second language (a skill that is less common than one could think).
As for humility, I guess I still have a big ego, even with my striving against it for some periods. I like to win and hate to lose, with everything really, even when I'm playing some retro vidya I frequently just close everything if I die in the game for example. That's why I stopped playing the life game pretty much.
It's ok to have an ego, the goal is to have an healthy ego. Ego abolition is too difficult for most people. One should strive towards it, all the while knowing it's an impossible goal.
That story seems really interesting, will look it up. Though I don't have the same literal voracity as your Post-TMS self, kek.
To be frank, it's more the nofap than the TMS that helps me concentrate on books.
I notice how all religions change with time, Christianity is being diluted in modernity. Catholicism for example is overlooking obvious sins more and more in favor of gathering more followers among the newer generations. And Protestants, at least in Brazil, are very strong in "the past is the past" conducts. You can basically do everything bad in the world and just repent and become even a pastor, kek.
Which means that Christianity is dead because only God's judgment matters. Once you start to teach false things or pardon too easily some sins, you deviate from the original teachings of God and it's clearly heresy. So far the Churches have been smart enough to never go into overt heresy, preferring to lie by omission instead. Instead of telling their laymen that cohabitation and fornication lead to Hell, they never mention it (or so I guess; I've never attended Mass much).

Used to be at about 0.5 in high school, now I'd say I'm at 3, rising to 4 during especially good periods and falling to 2 on occasion (I habitually cut corners and am irremediably disorganized). I have an asocial and contemptuous disposition that makes me mostly unconcerned with things communal - I work better for the pure pleasure of executing tasks toward useless and arcane conclusions than knowing that my work is "productive". I've always been troubled by some degree to fitting in too well, by keeping cooperative pace and having no recourse to solitude.

On a practical level, I don't intend to actually pursue NEETdom out of an implacable need to live independently. On matters of creative ambition, I do have a desire to produce monumental, lasting works, but am torn between not having any motivation or environment in which to make them without collaborators + an audience and not wanting to be in the company of most people or make anything for them.