Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What is your epistemological justification for not being a brain in a vat?

veryrare

veryrare

Veteran
Please enter a valid message.

My instincts evolved to make me competitive in a state of nature, so nature exists in some level.

Also brain in a vat is cruel and unusual punishment that wouldn't be a compulsion of a species intelligent enough to put it to practice.

Nothing. I am a hedonistic utilitarian so why not being a brain in a vat having intense pleasure every second till the universe ends? There is no logical reason to not be one.

Nothing. I am a hedonistic utilitarian so why not being a brain in a vat having intense pleasure every second till the universe ends? There is no logical reason to not be one.

Also I lowkey dont care, even if its all simulated its quite realistic

That would be even worse than being an incel. You think a foid will fuck a brain in a vat? And dont say they would rather that than fuck you. At least with a body you can rape foids

There are no epistemological justifications. There are metaphysical ones, however. I'd appeal to Putnam's argument. Or, at least, some reformulation of it.