Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion What is the word for Rotting without copes

laanda

laanda

gooply
★★★★
27d 13h 30m
For about 90 minutes a day, I lie in bed but don't pay attention to my computer, I just lie there thinking and half cry, or a few years ago I would listen to music. It is a state, and I wish it had a more defined name. It happens when my copes are not distracting enough, when you further process your existence in the bed. Thinking about yourself, because you are not captured by what you are doing. I've seen the term rotting applied to this state.

But the definition of LDAR allows for much more active entertainment. Coming out of this state of 'deep rotting', I'll often be somewhere in the middle, paying half attention to something stupid. I just wish there was more of a differentiation. Lying in bed doing anything pointless is the default state of being for a neet, I feel like it's a waste of the word rotting.

So, what IS the term for the depressive state in which you just, roll over, and actually just rot into the bed, not being entertained, just rotting in mind. Do I just keep calling it rotting, and not care if people think it means very little?

Gyros_Pretcel

Gyros_Pretcel

19th c. Church of Hamlossus high priest contender
★★★★★
315d 6h 34m
I call it latestage ldar or peak ldar usually. Prolly used other terms as well. Can't remember rn.

Emba

Emba

Jarjar Sphinx
★★★★★
115d 2h 13m
D

Deleted member 27768

And we'll die, waiting for a new day.
-
57d 17h 54m
laanda said:
For about 90 minutes a day, I lie in bed but don't pay attention to my computer, I just lie there thinking and half cry, or a few years ago I would listen to music. It is a state, and I wish it had a more defined name. It happens when my copes are not distracting enough, when you further process your existence in the bed. Thinking about yourself, because you are not captured by what you are doing. I've seen the term rotting applied to this state.

But the definition of LDAR allows for much more active entertainment. Coming out of this state of 'deep rotting', I'll often be somewhere in the middle, paying half attention to something stupid. I just wish there was more of a differentiation. Lying in bed doing anything pointless is the default state of being for a neet, I feel like it's a waste of the word rotting.

So, what IS the term for the depressive state in which you just, roll over, and actually just rot into the bed, not being entertained, just rotting in mind. Do I just keep calling it rotting, and not care if people think it means very little?
Gyros_Pretcel said:
I call it latestage ldar or peak ldar usually. Prolly used other terms as well. Can't remember rn.
Fossilize
Emba said:
Hits close home tbh

OwlGod

OwlGod

Magna Est Veritas Et Prævalebit
★★★★★
123d 14h 40m
C&UNIX

C&UNIX

Recruit
★★★
7d 15h 47m
I don't know which word describes this state but I do know that many English words that described states of consciousness have fallen out of use.

For example the word lust is derived from the medieval English word list. Lust is outward attention whereas list is inward attention. I read this from the book "The Cloud of Unknowing" written around 1375.

Maye your ListMaxxing.

suckdick

suckdick

Captain
★★★★★
109d 7h 43m
nystagmuscel

nystagmuscel

Overlord
★★★★★
14d 9h 45m
Gyros_Pretcel said:

AlexanderTheGreat11

AlexanderTheGreat11

生徒会長
★★★★★
234d 17h 6m
Rotting seems fine

simply_over

simply_over

Creepy guy
★★
13d 21h 8m